• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Judaism: Who wrote it?

Useless2015

You have twisted that verse so much out of context I don't know where to start. It's going to take me a while to unravel it for you. To put it another way, to really, really dumb it down.

I did not twist a thing. It's about a gentile woman pleading and begging Jesus to help her daughter and he refused by using the reason only Jews are entitled to help of God. Only after the woman told him that even dogs get something no matter how small, Jesus changed his mind and told the gentile woman she has great faith and decided to help her daughter. What exactly did i twist?

*edit*

Last edited by a moderator:

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
I did not twist a thing. It's about a gentile woman pleading and begging Jesus to help her daughter and he refused by using the reason only Jews are entitled to help of God. Only after the woman told him that even dogs get something no matter how small, Jesus changed his mind and told the gentile woman she has great faith and decided to help her daughter. What exactly did i twist?
Agreed.
Regards

Last edited by a moderator:

RabbiO

הרב יונה בן זכריה

In agreeing with this - "The racism by Jews is undeniable, its built in their minds. Jews think they are chosen by God and non-Jews are not of God," you show, yet again, your true colors.

You show that this -
paar4_zpsnto2ictv.png
for you is just the empty slogan of an ignorant bigot whose main mission on this forum appears to be to spread hate, primarily towards Jews, but with enough hatred to spare to direct toward others.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
In agreeing with this - "The racism by Jews is undeniable, its built in their minds. Jews think they are chosen by God and non-Jews are not of God," you show, yet again, your true colors.

You show that this -
paar4_zpsnto2ictv.png
for you is just the empty slogan of an ignorant bigot whose main mission on this forum appears to be to spread hate, primarily towards Jews, but with enough hatred to spare to direct toward others.
One is simply wrong.
I know that the core teachings of Torah are still useful. I just mention and highlight the corruptions of the narrators, scribes and the Jewish clergy done with the Torah. These are secondary teachings invented by the narrators, scribes and the Jewish clergy in the times gone by. The present Judaism people are not responsible for it. It is for this that I am friendly with all you people and have no hatred in my heart.
My intention is that the present Judaism people should travel in time and focus to the core and truthful teachings of Moses leaving behind and not following the corrupters of Moses' teachings.
You are a friend, I respect you all.
Regards

Kelly of the Phoenix

Quoting Jesus to a Jew is not really useful. Since I reject him and the entre text of the gospels, assigning one of his attitudes to me won't do much. Do you have anything else to prove to me what I supposedly believe? And then, you can go back and actually answer the question I asked, not some made up one you feel the need to focus on.
I can understand the racism against non Jews when pagan empires were muscling in. However, why were entire towns of gentiles destroyed by Hebrews/Israelites? Sure, the bible tries to say they were all evil, but that smacks of propaganda by military leaders desperate to Cheney the hell out of the region. It's like "Be kind to the stranger, for you were strangers in Egypt. But kill those and those over there ... don't leave those out or I'll kill you, signed God" ...

This isn't a criticism (I mean, the entire region doesn't exactly scream peace and joy or anything) of a particular religion or people. It's just ... I'm confused, is all. It's almost like it's offensive to suggest conquest and violence towards others happened, much like how in the US people are trying to rewrite history so that Indians just dropped dead because God and illness and blacks signed up for slavery on Monster.com or something.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
Love is the core which is translated 'Agape' by Christians. Its why unconditional love is considered an ideal among Christians. I don't think racism is something encouraged in the Bible but rather discouraged. Its true that Christians have had slaves in the past, but 'Racism' is itself is contrary to Bible ideas.
I can understand the racism against non Jews when pagan empires were muscling in. However, why were entire towns of gentiles destroyed by Hebrews/Israelites? Sure, the bible tries to say they were all evil, but that smacks of propaganda by military leaders desperate to Cheney the hell out of the region. It's like "Be kind to the stranger, for you were strangers in Egypt. But kill those and those over there ... don't leave those out or I'll kill you, signed God" ...
This is a reasonable question and a good reason to point that rather than killed the Canaanites (historically) were probably converted. Slaughter may seem a strange way to describe conversion, but historically you can confirm that archaeologists have sought and failed to find any evidence of the flight from Egypt, the slaughter of Canaanites, etc. What they have found is more along the lines of Canaanites converting, congealing into a single group. I know that religious Jews will probably deny this, but I think it is the case. There are reasons to think the conquest is symbolic, most of which I am not even mentioning for brevity. Consider all of the many, many places where love for enemies is taught in the Bible. There is the story Jonah, included in the Canon. That's an obvious one. Why not kill the stinking Ninevites? I sure would. Then there are all the passages about waiting upon the LORD, and the LORD being a shield, etc. Honest I don't think its realistic to think that the conquests literally happened. David kills Goliath with what -- 5 stones. How many books in the Pentateuch? There are five. You telling me that millions of people spent their lives wandering the world to protect a story about a boy killing a giant? No, I don't think so.

Sleeppy

Fatalist. Christian. Pacifist.
http://peshat.com/index.php?catid=1&subcatid=5 said:
This rabbinic rule came about through a perverse interpretation of Exodus 23:19 (the same verse being repeated in Ex. 34:26 and Deut. 14:21). The proper understanding of this verse deals with the ancient Egyptian and Canaanite idolatrous fertility rite.2 The liquid (milk), was sprinkled over the fields by the pagans, after the fall harvest, 'to ensure' a bountiful harvest from their god or goddess, for next year. Exodus 23:19 reads:

'The first of the first fruits of your Land you must bring into the House of Yahveh your God. You must not boil a kid in his mother's milk.'

From Manners and Customs of the Bible

As this injunction is put in connection with sacrifices and festivals, it seems to have referred to some idolatrous practices of the heathen. Cudworth says, on the authority of an ancient Karaite Comment on the Pentateuch, that it was an ancient heathen custom to boil a kid in the dam's milk, and then besprinkle with it all the trees, fields, gardens, and orchards. This was done at the close of their harvests for the purpose of making trees and fields more fruitful the following year. It will be noticed that the injunction of the text is given in connection with the feast of harvest.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
[QUOTE="Useless2015, post: 4633675, member: 58631"]It's a core faith in Judaism to believe that God chose the Jews over non-Jews. I shouldn't be telling how your religion works honestly..[/QUOTE]
It is because of the interpolation by the narrators,scribes and the Jewish clergy. Yahweh is not racial:
[1:1]In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful.
[1:2]All praise belongs to Allah, Lord of all the worlds,
http://www.alislam.org/quran/search2/showChapter.php?ch=1
Regards

roger1440

I do stuff
It's a core faith in Judaism to believe that God chose the Jews over non-Jews. I shouldn't be telling how your religion works honestly..
Yeah, what’s up with that Jewish scripture? Why the heck God would choose a small rag tag small team of stubborn people? The answer is very simple. God chose the Jewish people because the Jewish people chose God.

Aquitaine

Two questions:
- if a religious scripture includes things with no apparent purpose, does this imply that the religion is false?
- would you like to look at the Quran with me?
I'm pretty sure OP is in the "the Quran is 100% true and perfect" crowd too, which makes this thread extra hilarious.

Useless2015

Yeah, what’s up with that Jewish scripture? Why the heck God would choose a small rag tag small team of stubborn people? The answer is very simple. God chose the Jewish people because the Jewish people chose God.

This is why Judaism is not from God. :thumbsup:

roger1440

I do stuff

*edit*
The bread the woman seeks is the bread the Messiah provides for the Jews. First the Jews must get there fill, then it go to the Gentiles. This bread is the word of God. Although this story is crude, it is in agreement with Jewish prophecy.