• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Judaism/Christianity: Do the letters in YHWH compose a meaning?

stamlerms

"The name literally means "causes to become", contrary to what false religion teaches. They falsely claim it means "I am". "
I agree with what has been colored in magenta.

What religion and what denomination one belongs to? Please tell us, if there is no problem.
Regards
You ask what religion and denomination? NO denomination, as God forbids such. What religion? I am Christian as Jesus taught to his apostles in the first century. It is the ONLY real religion that exists, according to God the Almighty, as spelled out in His inspired word. I've been a scriptural scholar, and researcher, since the mid 1970's, and have been doing such translations since then as well. I have been a minister for God since 2013.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
paarsurrey said:
"The name literally means "causes to become", contrary to what false religion teaches. They falsely claim it means "I am". "

What religion and what denomination one belongs to? Please tell us, if there is no problem.
Regards
You ask what religion and denomination? NO denomination, as God forbids such. What religion? I am Christian as Jesus taught to his apostles in the first century. It is the ONLY real religion that exists, according to God the Almighty, as spelled out in His inspired word. I've been a scriptural scholar, and researcher, since the mid 1970's, and have been doing such translations since then as well. I have been a minister for God since 2013.
Welcome in the forum and one's input in the thread.
Thanks for telling about one's religion/denomination.
"The name literally means "causes to become"
I liked the translation. Christians say it means "I am".
How does one see it. Please
Regards

Akivah

In all the16,000 or so available secular and scriptural texts from which all Bibles are translated, it's not YHWH, it is JHWH, and it means Jehovah.

I see that you have no clue that there is no 'J' sound in the Hebrew language. If you ever bothered to listen to native Hebrew speakers, you would hear that the J sound never occurs.

That is, in an HONESTLY translated copy of God's word...

A translator can be honestly wrong. Recall that British translators honestly wrote the capital of China as Peking. It was only years afterwards with listening to how the Chinese themselves pronounced the name of their capital, that the English translation was corrected to Beijing.

Tumah

Veteran Member
In all the16,000 or so available secular and scriptural texts from which all Bibles are translated, it's not YHWH, it is JHWH, and it means Jehovah. Like in hallelujah, the last three letters are a shortened form of Jehovah. Jah is in the Bible some 110 times, and Jehovah occurs some 7,988 times. That is, in an HONESTLY translated copy of God's word, and in all the 16,000 ancient texts. However, most English Bibles have ELIMINATED or almost eliminated all those occurrences of God's PERSONAL name, Jehovah, which He COMMANDS us to use in prayer daily. One cannot do that, if one doesn't now that the name even exists. The name literally means "causes to become", contrary to what false religion teaches. They falsely claim it means "I am". But then, they lie about everything they ever teach, and always have. That's why God calls them "false religion", and Jesus calls them "works of the flesh". God commanded us all to "flee" from them.
Oh you're one of those.

RabbiO

הרב יונה בן זכריה
I see that you have no clue that there is no 'J' sound in the Hebrew language. If you ever bothered to listen to native Hebrew speakers, you would hear that the J sound never occurs.

Additionally, as I have noted in the past, the only way in a translation to leave the tetragrammaton in is to leave it in Hebrew letters without translating it at all. While there are scholars who believe that it was pronounced in a certain way in Hebrew, that pronunciation remains only an educated guess.

As for Jehovah, it is not a real name, it is a fabrication based upon a non-Jewish misunderstanding. In printed material that contains vowels, the vowels for Adonai are imposed upon the tetragrammaton as reminder to substitute/read Adonai where the tetragrammaton appears. Those vowels if articulated with the letters result in Yehovah, which is not a correct pronunciation, which then translated erroneously winds up as Jehovah. Inserting Jehovah into a translation makes absolutely no sense.

You might as well put "Lawrence" or "Elmer". It would be the same thing.

Tumah

Veteran Member
Actually, that's not 100% true as there is a J sound. Its from the letter gimmel. Gimmel is one of the six letters that change their sound when they receive a dagesh. Yemenites still make the distinction: if there's a dot, they pronounce it gimmel, if there's not dot - jimmel.

Obviously that doesn't help his case though...

Akivah

Actually, that's not 100% true as there is a J sound. Its from the letter gimmel. Gimmel is one of the six letters that change their sound when they receive a dagesh. Yemenites still make the distinction: if there's a dot, they pronounce it gimmel, if there's not dot - jimmel.

Obviously that doesn't help his case though...

Interesting. So either the xians have to make up a wrong sound or include a gimmel into the tetragrammon.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
paarsurrey said:

Regards

Welcome in the forum and one's input in the thread.
Thanks for telling about one's religion/denomination.
"The name literally means "causes to become"
I liked the translation. Christians say it means "I am".
How does one see it.
"Christians say it means "I am" "
What does the Judaism say about it? Please
Regards