• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jews: good figs and bad figs!!!

David69

Angel Of The North
just when I thought I was understanding, I came across this: :facepalm:

True Jews : Good Figs/Bad Figs

its not what I wanted to hear and has left me somewhat confused.
please help me out here! all welcome to give there 2 cents. I am most interested in hearing what different Jewish groups have to say on this matter.
I thank all in advance!

David

xkatz

If you could basically summarize what that webpage is saying... Because TBH I don't want to read something that long :eek:

Levite

Higher and Higher
just when I thought I was understanding, I came across this: :facepalm:

True Jews : Good Figs/Bad Figs

its not what I wanted to hear and has left me somewhat confused.
please help me out here! all welcome to give there 2 cents. I am most interested in hearing what different Jewish groups have to say on this matter.
I thank all in advance!

David

This is what we in the Jewish Studies field of scholarship call "a load of crap."

And not even a particularly well-informed or well-written load of crap, at that....

David69

Angel Of The North
pleased about that Levite! ah was just warming to all jews and came across that...

So the good figs went to babylon, made up of everybody that was a somebody and the bad fig the nobodys stayed at home. so I think they imply that the nobodys/bad figs were gonna suffer at gods hands! so these are the lost tribes eh! and jews werent called jews until they returned from babylon but they had been away for 70 yrs so the young offspring they would be like converted and lost there old faith. so talmud, is it a hebrew thing or not. synogogue or temple!!
what is a propper jew. gods chosen ones! its all confusing to me. and am suposed to sort all this mess out! Tell you what the temple will be rebuilt and the jews will return (if they want to) and David will sit on his throne! The true bad figs imho are the real evil, the manipulators of Religion! These manipulators will fall I give you my word. I am a gentile btw and am not religious but I know one thing for sure I know the difference between right and wrong and there will be no hiding place for the true evil. They say words that jesus never said and they speak words of our fatha that father never spoke. David will arrive when the world shows willing!

what about the group that wrote this sermon, any of those here that beleive this stuff coz I would really like to hear from all sides. I read this a while ago and am going to have to trudge through it again and make notes etc. sorry I was not fully prepared.

if someone could some up what the artical is saying and then tell the way it should be. (yep am not that good with words lol) that would be good.

tell yih what, the hate for the jews will stop. people will recognise and exept the truth even the muslims and the christians. theres just been a big missunderstanding.

David69

Angel Of The North
so who are the good figs? not the jews that were taken to babylon! where are the Jews that fled or stayed behind. what are there descendents called today? Israelites maybe! am not on about the zionists.

Levite

Higher and Higher
I... uh whats a fig?

These are figs.
figs.jpg

David69

Angel Of The North
a thought everyone new what a fig is! but thats not what this thread is about. not about fruit.

good figs/ bad figs is the same as wheat and chaff etc

so all jews are the same then, end of!

Last edited:

Flankerl

Well i knew what figs meant, just couldnt really make the connection to the topic.

Still cant. Ah well stupid text.