• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jews are not trying to build a Temple/synagogue on the Temple Mount

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
Blinded to the spirit.... by the letter of the law. Concerned only with "legalistic jots and tittles". We've been hearing that for 2,000 years.

Not only does that seem to indicate a lack of familiarity with Judaism, it's getting kind of old.
Just telling you my opinion. If blind legalist dogmatism appeals to you, I'm not telling you to change.

Ellen Brown

I'm not really sure what you're talking about or how it relates to what I've said.

In the Christian book, the Bible, The last book, Revelation 21:21. Likely only Christians believe it. I doubt that Muslims believe it. As to Jews, you'll have to wait and see.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
No, most Christians aren't. I meant what I said.
Most of the few people I know about who fervently want the Temple rebuilt pronto are Christian.
It's a feature of Armagedon or something. I don't think I have ever met a Jew as hot to get the Temple rebuilt as many Christians are.
Tom

Kangaroo Feathers

Most of the few people I know about who fervently want the Temple rebuilt pronto are Christian.
It's a feature of Armagedon or something. I don't think I have ever met a Jew as hot to get the Temple rebuilt as many Christians are.
Tom
Many Christians, yes. Enough of them to be dangerous, certainly. But MOST Christians aren't at all interested in rebuilding a third Temple, which is worth remembering.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Many Christians, yes. Enough of them to be dangerous, certainly.
This is the most salient part, though.

Not the majority. They aren't dangerous. But there are quite enough to be dangerous. As I have said before, I am confident that there are more Zionist Radicals in Texas than the entire Jewish community worldwide.
Tom

Tumah

Veteran Member
I don't think I have ever met a Jew as hot to get the Temple rebuilt as many Christians are.
I would, just for clarity, explain that there are many Jews who want the Temple rebuilt desperately. It's a part of multiple daily prayers and the subject of the time-period we're in now. It's just that we don't expect to rebuild it without the Messiah or Elijah taking care of the problems mentioned in the OP.

roger1440

I do stuff
Pls try to help me understand; Jews say that that temple is holy , a temple demolished for twice and now being shared with muslim mosque. Why did Hashem allow this?
You know the answer, you just want to hear it. Some believe the Jews were not worthy of the Temple. If that is the reason why both Temples were destroyed how would the Jews be worthy of the next Temple?

Ellen Brown

islam has koran, not even ot , or same people in scripture, as islam considers the texts false etc.

No idea why you wouldnt know that if your muslim

People keep forgetting that I am basically all three, though refer to myself as an Abrahamic Religionist. Muslims believe in the OT, calling it The Book. I am not sure if that is the Jews, or Christians. Most Muslims don't know about that unless they are a scholar. With my past, I have learned not to trust easily, especially Christians. Where did you get your knowledge about Islam? It is not very reliable.

One of the reasons I left Christianity, pretty much, was the hateful violation of the words of Jesus Christ. And, having been to Israel and studied the Bible ... I give up.

Tumah

Veteran Member
Just telling you my opinion. If blind legalist dogmatism appeals to you, I'm not telling you to change.
And what @RabbiO was returning to you - which in your ignorance you missed - was that Judaism is not only about legalism. There's an entire other side to Judaism that you remain blissfully unaware of, because the author of the book of Mark told you that it doesn't exist, and to be confronted with anything else would shake your faith.
Your ignorance of this side of Judaism is the "lack of familiarity with Judaism" that RabbiO accused you of, and it's that same ignorance that you responded to that accusation with.

Kangaroo Feathers

And what @RabbiO was returning to you - which in your ignorance you missed - was that Judaism is not only about legalism. There's an entire other side to Judaism that you remain blissfully unaware of, because the author of the book of Mark told you that it doesn't exist, and to be confronted with anything else would shake your faith.
Your ignorance of this side of Judaism is the "lack of familiarity with Judaism" that RabbiO accused you of, and it's that same ignorance that you responded to that accusation with.
You're projecting, or something, because you're ascribing an awful lot to me that I neither think nor have said.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Ignorant of WHAT, precisely? What do you think I've said that is "ignorant", pray?
You have shown ignorance of Judaism and Jewish people by calling them blind legalist dogmatists; the 'blind' bit here being particularly insulting. It's a canard that has been levelled at Jews by Christians since there have been Christians, but it's nonsense and it needs to be put to bed.