• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jesus Vs. Yahweh

CynthiaCypher

So who do you think would win in a fight, Jesus or Yahweh?

Here we have Yahweh:

"The rabble with them began to crave other food, and again the Israelites started wailing and said, “If only we had meat to eat! We remember the fish we ate in Egypt at no cost"" Numbers 11:4-5

"And the people spake against God, and against Moses, Wherefore have ye brought us up out of Egypt to die in the wilderness? for there is no bread, neither is there any water; and our soul loatheth this light bread.

And the Lord sent fiery serpents among the people, and they bit the people; and much people of Israel died
." Number 21:5-6

So kids, the lesson is if you ask Yahweh for fish or complain about hunger, Yahweh will give you serpents.

Here is what Jesus said about that:

“Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.

“Which of you, if your son asks for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him! So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets."

Jesus implies that only someone who is totally evil would give their child serpents when they asked for fish.

Here is Yahweh again:

"Elijah answered the captain, “If I am a man of God, may fire come down from heaven and consume you and your fifty men!” Then fire fell from heaven and consumed the captain and his men.

At this the king sent to Elijah another captain with his fifty men. The captain said to him, “Man of God, this is what the king says, ‘Come down at once!’”

“If I am a man of God,” Elijah replied, “may fire come down from heaven and consume you and your fifty men!” Then the fire of God fell from heaven and consumed him and his fifty men." - 2 Kings 1: 10-12

And here is Jesus on that issue:

"When the time was coming near for Jesus to depart , he was determined to go to Jerusalem He sent some messengers ahead of him, who went into a town in Samaria to make everything ready for him. But the people there would not welcome him, because he was set on going to Jerusalem. When James and John, followers of Jesus, saw this, they said, “Lord, do you want us to call fire down from heaven and destroy those people?”

But Jesus turned and scolded them. And Jesus said, “You don’t know what kind of spirit you belong to. The Son of Man did not come to destroy the lives of people but to save them.” Then they went to another town." Luke 5: 51-56

Jesus thought it was more than just a dick move to murder people with fire down from heaven just because they did not believe the same things as you did. But for Yahweh, he has no problem with burning you to death with sky fire if you do not believe in him.

I really don't see Jesus and Yahweh seeing eye to eye on much in the Bible, they are not even on the same page, it looks like they contrast each other and that Jesus opposes everything that Yahweh stands for. Face it they are not on the same team but at opposite ends of the field.

So who do you think would win a fight, Jesus or Yahweh?

InChrist

Free4ever
Although this is an interesting topic, I really don't have time to get into it now since I'm ready to leave for an event, but I believe Jesus and Yahweh are one and the same.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
Matthew 10:34 said:
Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword.

I don't really think the above verse paints a very pleasant picture of the Biblical Jesus either, so the answer to your question depends on how you interpret Jesus's character based on Biblical verses, I suppose.

CynthiaCypher

Why wouldn't the same apply to, say, Yahweh's statement about serpents, then? You seem to be largely taking it literally.

Because Numbers is supposed to be history and Jesus was expounding a point of view. There is a difference between history and exposition.

CynthiaCypher

Actually, we can. Jesus didn't come with a sword in a FedEx package.

So what kind of sword are you holding out for in Jesus' Great Sword Giveaway?

I want a katana.

88K_1.jpg

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
Fight of debate/discussion around the topic of moral justice: Most likely Jesus.

Fight as in battling each other: Yahweh, he's omnipotent and Jesus hasn't proven to be, he's only proven to be a miracle working at low stream.

Fight for number of followers: Likely Jesus.

How I understood the Trinity; Jesus and God the Father are only technically the same, but at the same time aren't. The Trinity itself creates Godhead, Jesus and God the Father are two side of the same coin and the holy spirit is what holds it together in one entity.

Not sure if that's actually how it's supposed to work, but it would answer the question of why Jesus and Yahweh are very different.

Also, Yahweh is a Canaanite war god. Not to mention having to put up with man's crap since the dawn of time. This definitely would lead to ill tolerance. God's personality probably would be that of an organizer, and when man's freewill interrupts that God will punish; seemingly more caring about the workings of the universe than the salvation of man. While Jesus's personality would probably be that of a savior, that's exactly why he was Christened. To be a savior, it requires a lot of tolerance, a lot of bravery, and absolute caring.

outhouse

Atheistically
Actually, we can. .

As a Galilean, and one who died for causing trouble in the temple, he fits a zealot to a T.

In as such, he very well could have been a rebel with a sword.

Just because the Hellenistic authors painted over it metaphorically trying to distance themselves from trouble making Jews.

It is highly probable a sword or two was in play with his followers who were also known to be Zealots.

CynthiaCypher

As a Galilean, and one who died for causing trouble in the temple, he fits a zealot to a T.

In as such, he very well could have been a rebel with a sword.

Just because the Hellenistic authors painted over it metaphorically trying to distance themselves from trouble making Jews.

It is highly probable a sword or two was in play with his followers who were also known to be Zealots.

That is a topic for another thread, not this one.