• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jesus Vs. Yahweh

CynthiaCypher

If find that hard to believe since that it what you are doing. You are not trying to understand what it says, you are trying to criticize.

I am going to clarify this for you. In my religion Yahweh is the devil. Is that clear enough for you?

CMike

Originally Posted by CMike

According to jesus either he will be your king or you be murdered. Not only that but christians carried this out mass mudering peole whom don't convert to their religion.

…26"I tell you that to everyone who has, more shall be given, but from the one who does not have, even what he does have shall be taken away. 27"But these enemies of mine, who did not want me to reign over them, bring them here and slay them in my presence."

You are not getting it, which is the purpose of a parable. Only people who are initiated into the larger story understand them. Jesus isn't saying going to slay them or that he is going to take anyone's minas away. The parable is about the injustices of the world.

I see so I shouldn't take the christian scripture at face value without trying to understand it, but it's okay for you to that to jewish scripture.

Correct?

CynthiaCypher

Originally Posted by CMike

According to jesus either he will be your king or you be murdered. Not only that but christians carried this out mass mudering peole whom don't convert to their religion.

…26"I tell you that to everyone who has, more shall be given, but from the one who does not have, even what he does have shall be taken away. 27"But these enemies of mine, who did not want me to reign over them, bring them here and slay them in my presence."

I see so I shouldn't take the christian scripture at face value without trying to understand it, but it's okay for you to that to jewish scripture.

Correct?

Do you have any idea what a parable is? The whole idea seems to elude you.