• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jesus Has Left The Building

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
It's a valid question, taking anything that Christ teaches is going to be better than taking nothing at all. Christ never engaged in anything not meant to glorify the father and provide for the redemption of mankind. To a logical mind, one capable of standing back and considering the whole picture, taking what one should consider important is to take it all; taking anything less is like trying to put together a car and only taking half the parts, they may fit together as they should but you will never get anywhere with it so, like your question implies, many will fail to grasp the whole picture and will only take what they deem important and most will only adhere to what is convenient.

So you're saying that enjoying that one song during the end credits requires watching the whole movie no matter how horrible it is?

Misty

You are quite right - everyone, including you will be responsable for their own eternal condition. You will never, worlds without end, be able to blame someone else for your failings or claim someone elses successes as your own, nobody will.

Are you going to be there on that day? If so then there IS more to life and intelligence than the gray matter we call our brain; if not then trying to convince others of their error in religious matters is a pointless endeavor. Agree with everybody that wants to do good and wish everyone a happy life for, if you are right, there is no purpose in it beyond that, there is no intelligent design and thusly the utterly impossible has come to pass.

I can only accept what makes sense to me, even if I am in error. I have absolutely no wish to change the view of anyone else if it works for them, but I am free to challenge their POV that is what posting on a debating forum is all about.

Agree with everybody that wants to do good and wish everyone a happy life for, if you are right, there is no purpose in it beyond that, there is no intelligent design and thusly the utterly impossible has come to pass.

That sounds good to me.:yes::)

Evandr

Stripling Warrior
I can only accept what makes sense to me, even if I am in error. I have absolutely no wish to change the view of anyone else if it works for them, but I am free to challenge their POV that is what posting on a debating forum is all about.

Agree with everybody that wants to do good and wish everyone a happy life for, if you are right, there is no purpose in it beyond that, there is no intelligent design and thusly the utterly impossible has come to pass.

That sounds good to me.:yes::)

You are quite correct, free agency is a gift from God, you may use it as you wish, as can everyone. I guess the old saying is true, give a man enough rope and he's liable to hang himself.

Misty

You are quite correct, free agency is a gift from God, you may use it as you wish, as can everyone. I guess the old saying is true, give a man enough rope and he's liable to hang himself.

You state as facts things that can only be assumptions.

Evandr

Stripling Warrior
So you're saying that enjoying that one song during the end credits requires watching the whole movie no matter how horrible it is?
Watching a bad movie and acknowledging the divinity of Jesus Christ makes for a very poor comparison, kind of like comparing apples and rocks. Remember, God sees both sides of the veil, when one passes from one side (mortality) to the other (afterlife) God does not see it as we might. For Him there is no death, only change and He possesses the power and wisdom to orchestrate that change for everyones eternal best good without denying our free agency. We do not understand the "why" of all things but I believe that a person is wise to heed the whole council of the Lord without prejudice because in the last day, otherwise known the day of judgment, everyone who ever lived on the earth will stand resurrected in their perfect frame to be judged according to their works after having been shown the wisdom of God and the foolishness of any who attempted to judge God according to the judgments of man --- IMO

Evandr

Stripling Warrior
You state as facts things that can only be assumptions.

You cannot demonstrate that they are not facts any more than I can prove my claims to you. For me they are facts, I have been given to know and therefore I feel justified telling you. It is up to you to plant the seed in your own heart to see what grows but there is a method to being successful and it starts with real desire, something that you apparently have none. In your case it would be like casting the seeds on stony ground where nothing can grow but I believe that that will not relieve you of the burden of responsibility and thusly make you subject to judgment. I could cite numerous mathematical considerations that make your stance totally unreliable as a viable option for belief but this is no the thread for it.

Misty

You cannot demonstrate that they are not facts any more than I can prove my claims to you. For me they are facts, I have been given to know and therefore I feel justified telling you. It is up to you to plant the seed in your own heart to see what grows but there is a method to being successful and it starts with real desire, something that you apparently have none. In your case it would be like casting the seeds on stony ground where nothing can grow but I believe that that will not relieve you of the burden of responsibility and thusly make you subject to judgment. I could cite numerous mathematical considerations that make your stance totally unreliable as a viable option for belief but this is no the thread for it.

A fact is something that can be proved, all you have is belief, which is NOT a fact. I don't see it your way, why should I when your POV doesn't make any sense to me even though it does to you? Why do you want me to see it your way? I couldn't care less whether you agree with me or not!

Last edited:

icebuddy

Does the devil lift Jesus up?
A fact is something that can be proved, all you have is belief, which is NOT a fact. I don't see it your way, why should I when your POV doesn't make any sense to me even though it does to you? Why do you want me to see it your way? I couldn't care less whether you agree with me or not!

hello,
i just joined and was looking around... Anyways, Some beliefs are baised upon facts. For example, do you ever ask yourself: What is the meaning of life or How do we exist. (creator or what ever)

dogsgod

This thread proposes the possibility that Jesus is all myth, that there is no real evidence for an historical Jesus. Does it matter to your religion or to you whether or not Jesus actually existed?

dogsgod

Some believe that a non historical Jesus undermines Christianity.

Is this true?

I don't think it's true, but I doubt everyone agrees with me.

What say you?

Evandr

Stripling Warrior
This thread proposes the possibility that Jesus is all myth, that there is no real evidence for an historical Jesus. Does it matter to your religion or to you whether or not Jesus actually existed?

Of course it matters, my religion is centered around Jesus Christ, His existence is the foundation of my religion, without Him there is no reason to hope for the future because there would be no future other than eternal darkness as sons and daughters of perdition.

Evandr

Stripling Warrior

Just because you have not the ability to prove something by your own intellect or actions, or anyone else’s for that matter, does not mean that the fact does not exist as such. Limiting your thought processes to what mankind can prove with science is walking on some very shaky ground. If history has taught us anything, it has taught that believing in a greater intelligent power than ourselves is wise and well evidenced save for those who will not see what is plainly before them.

I firmly believe that everyone at least suspects that God exists but not all are willing to have to face that reality so they make excuses and arguments in an attempt to suppress those feelings. In short, it's easier to deny the existence of what they don't want to deal with, hoping that if they are wrong then, when faced with judgment, they can fall back on the tired old excuse that "the devil made me do it".

Misty

Just because you have not the ability to prove something by your own intellect or actions, or anyone else’s for that matter, does not mean that the fact does not exist as such. Limiting your thought processes to what mankind can prove with science is walking on some very shaky ground. If history has taught us anything, it has taught that believing in a greater intelligent power than ourselves is wise and well evidenced save for those who will not see what is plainly before them.

I firmly believe that everyone at least suspects that God exists but not all are willing to have to face that reality so they make excuses and arguments in an attempt to suppress those feelings. In short, it's easier to deny the existence of what they don't want to deal with, hoping that if they are wrong then, when faced with judgment, they can fall back on the tired old excuse that "the devil made me do it".

If history has taught us anything is that religion, i.e. believing in a higher power, has caused a lot of strife over the centuries!

It might please you to think that everyone suspect a deity exists, but I assure you it isn't true. Whilst I don't know, my husband a former 'born again' Christian is a convinced atheist, and doesn't believe any deity exists anywhere. Even when he was critically ill it didn't change his POV. In fact he had some experience when in a coma which made him even more convinced, if that was possible, that the here and now is as good as it gets.

Evandr

Stripling Warrior
If history has taught us anything is that religion, i.e. believing in a higher power, has caused a lot of strife over the centuries!
Religion is not the cause of strife, mankind is. Throw a sweet smelling work of art into a cage full of monkeys and it will cause a lot of strife as it is ripped asunder but that does not mean it did not start as something pure and simple
It might please you to think that everyone suspect a deity exists, but I assure you it isn't true. Whilst I don't know, my husband a former 'born again' Christian is a convinced atheist, and doesn't believe any deity exists anywhere. Even when he was critically ill it didn't change his POV. In fact he had some experience when in a coma which made him even more convinced, if that was possible, that the here and now is as good as it gets.
Sounds to me like you are very angry at something - please don't let it control you because it will destroy you. Eternity is a long time to regret. I honestly think that my statement is true especially in your case. I get the distinct feeling from the way you respond to me that you are trying to convince yourself of what you say more than you are trying to convince anybody else - but that is just my opinion.

Misty

Religion is not the cause of strife, mankind is. Throw a sweet smelling work of art into a cage full of monkeys and it will cause a lot of strife as it is ripped asunder but that does not mean it did not start as something pure and simple
Sounds to me like you are very angry at something - please don't let it control you because it will destroy you. Eternity is a long time to regret. I honestly think that my statement is true especially in your case. I get the distinct feeling from the way you respond to me that you are trying to convince yourself of what you say more than you are trying to convince anybody else - but that is just my opinion.

Religion, which is created by humans imo, is the cause of strife!

I am not angry just stating my opinion. You are being an armchair psychologist without any data. You don't know me at all and would probably be very surprised if you met me in person. I save discussion of religion for forums like this one as, in my day to day life it doesn't impinge on my thinking, I have far too many other much more important things with which to concern myself!

Last edited:

Evandr

Stripling Warrior
Religion, which is created by humans imo, is the cause of strife!

I am not angry just stating my opinion. You are being an armchair psychologist without any data. You don't know me at all and would probably be very surprised if you met me in person. I save discussion of religion for forums like this one as, in my day to day life it doesn't impinge on my thinking, I have far too many other much more important things with which to concern myself!

My apologies but I've been around a long time too and there domes a point where you do not have to be any kind of psycologist to recognize undertones, I was just calling it as I saw it.
Yes are right about religion, religion created by humans does cause strife. The religious organization created by Jesus Christ does not. Sometimes you have to kiss a lot of toads before you find the handsome prince. I suppose frustration has caused you to develop the idea that there is no handsome prince to be found.
The truth and the proof is out there Misty, you just have to want it enough to find it, oddly enough, most of the time it is staring most people right in the face yet they cannot or will not see it.