• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jesus did not die on the Cross

The Emperor of Mankind

Currently the galaxy's spookiest paraplegic
2. Quran says all messengers are equal. No distinguishing in between them.

But Islam (or certain sects of it, at the very least), in practice, treats Muhammed as more equal than the other Messengers. My evidence? When was the last time Muslim terrorists targeted European churches because they had depictions of Jesus - whether in statuary or in the form of stained glass? Clearly depictions of Jesus don't bother them - on the other hand, dare to draw Muhammad and they'll start murdering cartoonists in cold blood.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Can you show me in the Quran a prophet who is said to be righteous or pure?
Muhammad was a prophet who purified all the believers, while Jesus could not :
(2:151:9) wayuzakkīkum and purifies you كَمَا أَرْسَلْنَا فِيكُمْ رَسُولًا مِنْكُمْ يَتْلُو عَلَيْكُمْ آيَاتِنَا وَيُزَكِّيكُمْ
http://corpus.quran.com/qurandictionary.jsp?q=zkw
Even as We have sent to you a Messenger from among yourselves who recites Our Signs to you, and purifies you, and teaches you the Book and Wisdom, and teaches you that which you did not know.
http://www.alislam.org/quran/search2/showChapter.php?submitCh=Read+from+verse:&ch=2&verse=152

Regards

Last edited:

firedragon

Veteran Member
But Islam (or certain sects of it, at the very least), in practice, treats Muhammed as more equal than the other Messengers. My evidence? When was the last time Muslim terrorists targeted European churches because they had depictions of Jesus - whether in statuary or in the form of stained glass? Clearly depictions of Jesus don't bother them - on the other hand, dare to draw Muhammad and they'll start murdering cartoonists in cold blood.

But yet, the Quran says there is no distinction between messengers.

Pastek

Sunni muslim
Can you show me in the Quran a prophet who is said to be righteous or pure?

19.12-13 O John! Hold fast the Scripture. And we gave him wisdom when a child, and compassion from Our presence, and purity; and he was devout, and dutiful toward his parents.

2.130 And who forsaketh the religion of Abraham save him who befooleth himself? Verily We chose him in the world, and lo! in the Hereafter he is among the righteous.

37.112 And We gave him good tidings of Isaac, a prophet from among the righteous.

When you pray to Allah, are the prayers recitations or do you actually have a conversation with Allah? I ask not for the purpose of insulting you. When I pray to God, I do not recite prayers. I talk to God as I would a friend. I thank Him for His many blessings. I ask Him to help me with various problems. I praise Him and tell Him how wonderful He is. The words in my prayer come from my heart. I am happy to tell you, God answers my prayers. He has blessed me in so many ways with a good family, a happy home, and good health.

We do the prayer (recitation) then we can speak to Allah if we want at the end of the prayer.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
@katiemygirl
19.12-13 O John! Hold fast the Scripture. And we gave him wisdom when a child, and compassion from Our presence, and purity; and he was devout, and dutiful toward his parents.
2.130 And who forsaketh the religion of Abraham save him who befooleth himself? Verily We chose him in the world, and lo! in the Hereafter he is among the righteous.
37.112 And We gave him good tidings of Isaac, a prophet from among the righteous.
We do the prayer (recitation) then we can speak to Allah if we want at the end of the prayer.
Thanks and regards

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Jesus did not die on the Cross

From Bible: [Summary-1]
  1. Jesus did not fulfil Sign of Jonah, if we take the Christian stance. Please read the argument from post #109
  2. Jesus' prayers in the Garden were not heard, if we take the Christian stance . Please read the argument from post #153.
  3. Jesus' words right on the Cross from post #188 .
  4. Pilate delays in judgement,“ Jesus was on the Cross for few hours only. #211
  5. Jesus’ prayers were heard , confirmation from Bible. #246
  6. Who wanted Jesus to be crucified?The Jews.#261
    • And the selfish Christians Clergy for con-donation of their hefty sins. #288
  7. Crucifixion was demanded by the Jews, not by the Christians. #301
  8. Why crucifixion? Jews wanted to prove Jesus an imposter and a fabricator. #315
  9. The confusion of NT-Gospels/Christian mythology as to the time, date, year of Crucifixion of Jesus. #462
  10. Bones of Jesus were not broken. #515
  11. When the centurion pierced a spear into the side of Jesus, blood and water came out.#594
  12. Pilate's wife saw a dream about Jesus the night before Crucifixion.#707
  13. Pilate was convinced that Jesus was innocent. #748
  14. Pilate did not believe that Jesus had died. #809
  15. One incident and many aspects? #844
  16. Jesus’ prayers and supplications to be saved from crucifixion #932
Jesus did not want to die on the Cross and he never showed any such intention; so why should Jesus die and for what?
We are still discussing the above arguments, therefore, while writing a post please quote which argument you are commenting on for clarity of the viewers please.

Regards

firedragon

Veteran Member

Yes. But the Quran teaches otherwise.

cataway

Sure; thousands of people died on the Cross but there were some who were put on the Cross but survived. Jesus did not die on the Cross he was delivered from the Cross in near-dead position.

Jesus had prophesied it.

Regards
umm what about the spear that was stabbed into him ?

firedragon

Veteran Member
Nope. verse 5:33 says those guilty of “fasad” are to be killed, and the Qur’an makes it clear that anything that’s not Islam is fasad.

Is it just fasad? Is that all that says? Cherrypicking a verse, and cherry picking inside the verse. Thats the definition of dishonesty.

What does the Quran say about Fasad, and Al fasadhin fil ardh? Please explain if you have studied it.

stevecanuck

Is it just fasad? Is that all that says? Cherrypicking a verse, and cherry picking inside the verse. Thats the definition of dishonesty.

But, but………..CHERRY-PICKING!!!!!! Is that really all you have?

What does the Quran say about Fasad, and Al fasadhin fil ardh? Please explain if you have studied it.

Try reading verses 2:6 through 2:12. They begin with referring to “Those who disbelieve, and ends with saying “It is they who are corrupters”. It doesn’t get much more linear.

firedragon

Veteran Member
Try reading verses 2:6 through 2:12. They begin with referring to “Those who disbelieve, and ends with saying “It is they who are corrupters”. It doesn’t get much more linear.

Not an answer to your false claim, and the question asked. Just admit you have no clue. ;)

stevecanuck

Not an answer to your false claim, and the question asked. Just admit you have no clue. ;)

That was very much an answer to your question. The fact that you never actually converse has been pointed out very nicely by others in your other thread. I’ll leave you to claim victory.

cataway

i have given sone thought to the issue did Jesus die on a cross. there is scripture that does say he died on a tree . stand next to a wood power pole, note that it once was a tree . yet many say it was a cross that was used ,that would be a pole with a cross bar placed up near the top of an erect pole . my self i have stood poles . i happen to know how difficult it can be to stand them up . something that was discovered was that if a cross bar was put on to the pole a few feet up from the bottom of the pole it
was easier to handle ..the cross bar became a handle so that at least 2 people, one on each end , could more easily control the off center weight the man nailed to the pole was imparting. Rember he was still alive ,in pain, likely switching from left to right . then there is another thing . how did they get the dead Jesus off from the pole ? you would be amazed as to how much easier it is to pull a post from a hole in the ground if there is a cross bar near your feet.