• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jesus did not die on the Cross

Redemptionsong

paarsurrey, then you do not believe the prophets who speak the word of God.

Yet you're happy to accept the word of Muhammad despite the fact that his word contradicts the scriptures of the Bible.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member

Yet you're happy to accept the word of Muhammad despite the fact that his word contradicts the scriptures of the Bible.

John is simply a sinful scribe, he was not a prophet, not at all.
Jesus never dictated him anything to write. Jesus did not authorize him to write anything on his behalf. At the most whatever he wrote was an unauthorized stuff.

Regards

Redemptionsong

paarsurrey,
The fact that Jesus never wrote anything ADDS to the authority of his words. Unlike Muhammad, Jesus was allowing the Spirit of God to inspire and bring to memory the words of God.

Forty or so prophets faithfully recorded God's word, making it an unbroken scripture. One scripture, one truth.

The problem with the Qur'an remains your PROBLEM. How can the Qur'an continue to hold any credibility without the Bible?

Shuttlecraft

.Navigator
Jesus never dictated him anything to write. Jesus did not authorize him to write anything on his behalf. At the most whatever he wrote was an unauthorized stuff...

Huh? Jesus told John and the other disciples-
“Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation" (Mark 16:15)

and John certainly did his bit, he wrote a gospel and handed copies to churches around the Mediterranean, then wrote a smash hit sequel called Revelation in which he passed God's prophecies on to the world..:)

PS- "prophet" also means "preacher" or "teacher"

Jesus never dictated him anything to write. Jesus did not authorize him to write anything on his behalf. At the most whatever he wrote was an unauthorized stuff.

Regards
Thats incorrect.Of course the disciples were to write down what Jesus said.And of course John was sinful.All men are sinful,even Mohammed.

The Islamic Evidence

We now present the Islamic data showing that Aisha was a girl of nine when Muhammad consummated his marriage to her. All bold, capital and underlined emphasis is ours.

SAHIH AL-BUKHARI

Narrated Aisha:
The Prophet engaged me when I was a girl of six (years). We went to Medina and stayed at the home of Bani-al-Harith bin Khazraj. Then I got ill and my hair fell down. Later on my hair grew (again) and my mother, Um Ruman, came to me while I was playing in a swing with some of my girl friends. She called me, and I went to her, not knowing what she wanted to do to me. She caught me by the hand and made me stand at the door of the house. I was breathless then, and when my breathing became all right, she took some water and rubbed my face and head with it. Then she took me into the house. There in the house I saw some Ansari women who said, "Best wishes and Allah's Blessing and a good luck." Then she entrusted me to them and they prepared me (for the marriage). Unexpectedly Allah's Apostle came to me in the forenoon and my mother handed me over to him, and at that time I was a girl of nine years of age. (Sahih Al-Bukhari, Volume 5, Book 58, Number 234)

Narrated Hisham's father:
Khadija died three years before the Prophet departed to Medina. He stayed there for two years or so and then he married 'Aisha when she was a girl of six years of age, and he consumed that marriage when she was nine years old. (Sahih Al-Bukhari, Volume 5, Book 58, Number 236)

Narrated 'Aisha:
Allah's Apostle said to me, "You were shown to me twice (in my dream) before I married you. I saw an angel carrying you in a silken piece of cloth, and I said to him, 'Uncover (her),' and behold, it was you. I said (to myself), 'If this is from Allah, then it must happen.' Then you were shown to me, the angel carrying you in a silken piece of cloth, and I said (to him), 'Uncover (her), and behold, it was you. I said (to myself), 'If this is from Allah, then it must happen.'" (Sahih Al-Bukhari, Volume 9, Book 87, Number 140; see also Number 139)

Narrated 'Aisha:
that the Prophet married her when she was six years old and he consummated his marriage when she was nine years old, and then she remained with him for nine years (i.e., till his death). (Sahih Al-Bukhari, Volume 7, Book 62, Number 64; see also Numbers 65 and 88)

SAHIH MUSLIM

'A'isha (Allah be pleased with her) reported: Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) married me when I was six years old, and I was admitted to his house at the age of nine. She further said: We went to Medina and I had an attack of fever for a month, and my hair had come down to the earlobes. Umm Ruman (my mother) came to me and I was at that time on a swing along with my playmates. She called me loudly and I went to her and I did not know what she had wanted of me. She took hold of my hand and took me to the door, and I was saying: Ha, ha (as if I was gasping), until the agitation of my heart was over. She took me to a house, where had gathered the women of the Ansar. They all blessed me and wished me good luck and said: May you have share in good. She (my mother) entrusted me to them. They washed my head and embellished me and nothing frightened me. Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) came there in the morning, and I was entrusted to him. (Sahih Muslim, Book 008, Number 3309; see also 3310)

'A'isha (Allah be pleased with her) reported that Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) married her when she was seven years old, and he was taken to his house as a bride when she was nine, and her dolls were with her; and when he (the Holy Prophet) died she was eighteen years old. (Sahih Muslim, Book 008, Number 3311)

Muhammad's Marriage to a Prepubescent Girl and its Moral Implications

Last edited:

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Thats incorrect.Of course the disciples were to write down what Jesus said.And of course John was sinful.All men are sinful,even Mohammed.

The Islamic Evidence

We now present the Islamic data showing that Aisha was a girl of nine when Muhammad consummated his marriage to her. All bold, capital and underlined emphasis is ours.

SAHIH AL-BUKHARI

Narrated Aisha:
The Prophet engaged me when I was a girl of six (years). We went to Medina and stayed at the home of Bani-al-Harith bin Khazraj. Then I got ill and my hair fell down. Later on my hair grew (again) and my mother, Um Ruman, came to me while I was playing in a swing with some of my girl friends. She called me, and I went to her, not knowing what she wanted to do to me. She caught me by the hand and made me stand at the door of the house. I was breathless then, and when my breathing became all right, she took some water and rubbed my face and head with it. Then she took me into the house. There in the house I saw some Ansari women who said, "Best wishes and Allah's Blessing and a good luck." Then she entrusted me to them and they prepared me (for the marriage). Unexpectedly Allah's Apostle came to me in the forenoon and my mother handed me over to him, and at that time I was a girl of nine years of age. (Sahih Al-Bukhari, Volume 5, Book 58, Number 234)

Narrated Hisham's father:
Khadija died three years before the Prophet departed to Medina. He stayed there for two years or so and then he married 'Aisha when she was a girl of six years of age, and he consumed that marriage when she was nine years old. (Sahih Al-Bukhari, Volume 5, Book 58, Number 236)

Narrated 'Aisha:
Allah's Apostle said to me, "You were shown to me twice (in my dream) before I married you. I saw an angel carrying you in a silken piece of cloth, and I said to him, 'Uncover (her),' and behold, it was you. I said (to myself), 'If this is from Allah, then it must happen.' Then you were shown to me, the angel carrying you in a silken piece of cloth, and I said (to him), 'Uncover (her), and behold, it was you. I said (to myself), 'If this is from Allah, then it must happen.'" (Sahih Al-Bukhari, Volume 9, Book 87, Number 140; see also Number 139)

Narrated 'Aisha:
that the Prophet married her when she was six years old and he consummated his marriage when she was nine years old, and then she remained with him for nine years (i.e., till his death). (Sahih Al-Bukhari, Volume 7, Book 62, Number 64; see also Numbers 65 and 88)

SAHIH MUSLIM

'A'isha (Allah be pleased with her) reported: Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) married me when I was six years old, and I was admitted to his house at the age of nine. She further said: We went to Medina and I had an attack of fever for a month, and my hair had come down to the earlobes. Umm Ruman (my mother) came to me and I was at that time on a swing along with my playmates. She called me loudly and I went to her and I did not know what she had wanted of me. She took hold of my hand and took me to the door, and I was saying: Ha, ha (as if I was gasping), until the agitation of my heart was over. She took me to a house, where had gathered the women of the Ansar. They all blessed me and wished me good luck and said: May you have share in good. She (my mother) entrusted me to them. They washed my head and embellished me and nothing frightened me. Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) came there in the morning, and I was entrusted to him. (Sahih Muslim, Book 008, Number 3309; see also 3310)

'A'isha (Allah be pleased with her) reported that Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) married her when she was seven years old, and he was taken to his house as a bride when she was nine, and her dolls were with her; and when he (the Holy Prophet) died she was eighteen years old. (Sahih Muslim, Book 008, Number 3311)

Muhammad's Marriage to a Prepubescent Girl and its Moral Implications

None from Quran, the first and the foremost source of guidance for all Muslims whatever the denomination.

Regards

paarsurrey

Veteran Member

Gospels were written by sinful and anonymous scribes and were named after the disciples (Matthew, Mark, John) to add some credibility for the masses, otherwise it would have had no credibility whatsoever in the Christians even.

Regards

Redemptionsong

paarsurrey,
I am not here to win an argument. I want you to know that I only wish to share the LOVE of God.

Had the identity of the Gospel writers been hidden, I would still have registered the simple truth of Jesus' words. This is because his words speak truth to my heart. The Word of God is spirit and brings life.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
paarsurrey,
I am not here to win an argument. I want you to know that I only wish to share the LOVE of God.

Had the identity of the Gospel writers been hidden, I would still have registered the simple truth of Jesus' words. This is because his words speak truth to my heart. The Word of God is spirit and brings life.

I only wish to share the LOVE of God

One is welcome to share love of God but Jesus was never a god or son of god. One's intention might be good, but it is untruthful in the basis.

Regards

outhouse

Atheistically
One is welcome to share love of God but Jesus was never a god or son of god. One's intention might be good, but it is untruthful in the basis.

Regards

Same applies to any claim of divine origin of Koran. Its not. or they would not have plagiarized the bible you complain about :facepalm:

Redemptionsong

paarsurrey,
The term 'Son of God' is applied to Jesus in twenty-one out of twenty-seven books of the New Testament.

Are you now going to tell me that all these books must be discarded as false prophecy?

The Father in heaven applies the term to Jesus. At his baptism, the Father in heaven says, 'This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.'

Why else would the Devil tempt Jesus with the words, 'If thou be the Son of God'?

'For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgement unto the Son:
That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that HONOURETH NOT THE SON HONOURETH NOT THE FATHER which hath sent him.' (John 5:22,23)

Sabour

Redemptionsong,

Sorry for the late reply, I have been busy with my other thread.

I think I have made enough points and I don't want to be repeating my self.

For the last time I tell you that everything I have said I supported it from the bible and it is not from the OT alone.

With the open minded you have showed, I invite you to watch some debates between Islam and Christianity. I ask you to watch debates for Ahmad Dedat and in particular I recommend watching that debate with Swaggart.

I hope you do.