• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

jesus christ

syo

It's not really that good of a religion, is it? According to you, MOST people that claim to be christians aren't really christian.
if christians acted like christians the society would be different.

syo

But how did you come to that conclusion? What evidence suggests that the Jesys story is true?

... in the story. Whether the story is accurate is a separate question.
there were people who witnessed jesus and his life. i don't think they were liars.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
there were people who witnessed jesus and his life. i don't think they were liars.
According to the stories.

According to other stories, there were people who witnessed Heracles and his life. What makes your stories better?

syo

According to the stories.

According to other stories, there were people who witnessed Heracles and his life. What makes your stories better?
there is no need for comparison. heracles served humanity by doing good deeds. jesus promises eternal life by living a virtuous life. they both existed but have different roles.

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
no. i don't know his motives. but jesus' motives are beyond good.
But whatever Jesus' motives, the message of the NT must be confused and incoherent or there wouldn't be so many thousands of distinct Christian denominations around the world, surely?

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
there is no need for comparison. heracles served humanity by doing good deeds. jesus promises eternal life by living a virtuous life. they both existed but have different roles.

Wait...you believe Heracles existed? Son of Zeus, Heracles? The one who murdered his own children?

syo

But whatever Jesus' motives, the message of the NT must be confused and incoherent or there wouldn't be so many thousands of distinct Christian denominations around the world, surely?
the denominations want power, they don't care for christ.

RabbiO

הרב יונה בן זכריה
that was then. but now? why deny him now?
Your question, which I take to be offered with complete sincerity and honest bewilderment, indicates an almost complete lack of knowledge of, an almost total ignorance of, Judaism - as it was and as it is now.

I should point out, as well, that your initial query is not the first time the question has been posed on this forum. You might want to search out those previous threads.

Reactions: syo

syo

Your question, which I take to be offered with complete sincerity and honest bewilderment, indicates an almost complete lack of knowledge of, an almost total ignorance of, Judaism - as it was and as it is now.

I should point out, as well, that your initial query is not the first time the question has been posed on this forum. You might want to search out those previous threads.
then i'll definitely search for similar threads

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
the denominations want power, they don't care for christ.
So, you say, the Christian church is a pack of rogue organizations.

Do you blame this situation on Paul for saying Christian ministers must be paid?

Or is it that Jesus' message is indeed incoherent and everyone must simply do with it what they can?

syo

So, you say, the Christian church is a pack of rogue organizations.

Do you blame this situation on Paul for saying Christian ministers must be paid?

Or is it that Jesus' message is indeed incoherent and everyone must simply do with it what they can?
nah, they are just greedy.