• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

jesus christ

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
yes, that is true about being the jewish messiah. but aren't his teachings heart warming about peace and love?
All the good things he taught are in Tanach already.

Reactions: syo

BSM1

What? Me worry?
yes, that is true about being the jewish messiah. but aren't his teachings heart warming about peace and love?

No. Actually the gist of his teachings seem to focus on finding the Kingdom of God within yourself. He, IMHO, preached an individual rather than a national salvation and awareness. This alone would have set Him at odds with the ruling Jewish hierarchy of the times.

syo

No. Actually the gist of his teachings seem to focus on finding the Kingdom of God within yourself. He, IMHO, preached an individual rather than a national salvation and awareness. This alone would have set Him at odds with the ruling Jewish hierarchy of the times.
that was then. but now? why deny him now?

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
you mean, why accept him? because of his teachings.and many christians are deeply moved because of his crucifixion for our sins.

People deny Jesus Christ because there's nothing determinant for which to base acceptance on, rather than reliance on a provisional platform .

There needs to be considerably more than that for a fair number of people.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
3. People blame Jesus

He gets crucified over and over for things I feel he never intended. I like what he had to say. Many Hindu writers and teachers like what he had to say. Much of what he had to say is not entirely unlike what Buddha and Krishna said. I think they're more alike than unlike. They do pre-date him, but be that as it may, some truths are universal and timeless. They may be passed on, or realized at different times in different places, by individuals who were uninfluenced by any others.

David T

Premium Member
why people deny jesus christ?
Why do people pretend to understand jesus is the more curious question. What reading! And believing ?? Haha hahaha hahaha!! Zero evidence of that being anything but fantasy.

Aldrnari

I can only speak for myself...

Not worshiping Jesus as a god isn't denying him, it just isn't holding him up the way Christians do. I do still, as a former Christian, read the bible, and I still find wisdom in it from time to time. That said, now I also read the Zend Avesta, the Hávamál (and the sagas), local Salish Legends, and I plan on delving into the Vedas when I get the time. When I was a Christian, I was constantly told to constrict my views onto Jesus and to just ignore everything else. Never ask the big questions, or have any doubts.

Now, I see Christians I know terrified that non Christian family and friends will be tormented forever when they are cast into hell, that God is angry with America (and the world in general), how people are all so wicked and vile, and how he is going to end it all soon enough.

I can't help but remember Matthew 11:30, and wonder just how light that burden is, since it felt so heavy when it was on my own shoulders. Now that I haven't been carrying it, I feel happier than I ever had before, and actually free to pursue the things in my life that I have always had a passion for without any guilt.

That said, many of the Christian folks on this forum are great, and are open minded and honest people. Perhaps if I had been around similar people in my life, I wouldn't have been so burnt out on Christianity.

Reactions: syo

syo

Why do people pretend to understand jesus is the more curious question. What reading! And believing ?? Haha hahaha hahaha!! Zero evidence of that being anything but fantasy.
why fantasy? and understanding his teachings isn't impossible.