• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jesus... a Man Or a GOD?

Quoth The Raven

Half Arsed Muse
Isn't he supposed to be the manifestation of God in human form? So the answer would be both to some extent, however the vessel limits it's contents, so more so a man.

That's assuming you believe in God and or Jesus to begin with, of course. If not, then he's probably up there with Mr Darcy and Heathcliff on the great fictional men of literature shelf.

Peace

Quran & Sunnah
Peace be with you,

Jesus peace be upon him is a man and a Prophet of God. like Adam who was created without parents, Jesus pbuh is created without a father. Allah Glory be to Him is capable of everything, He just says "Be" and "It is".

Allah says in His holy Book the Quran:

"And make mention of Mary in the Scripture , when she had withdrawn from her people to a chamber looking East , And had chosen seclusion from them . Then We sent unto her Our spirit and it assumed for her the likeness of a perfect man . She said : Lo! I seek refuge in the Beneficent One from thee , if thou art God fearing . He said : I am only a messenger of thy Lord , that I may bestow on thee a faultless son . She said : How can I have a son when no mortal hath touched me , neither have I been unchaste! He said : So ( it will be ) . Thy Lord saith : It is easy for Me . And ( it will be ) that We may make of him a revelation for mankind and a mercy from Us , and it is a thing ordained . And she , conceived him , and she withdrew with him to a place . And the pangs of childbirth drove her unto the trunk of the palm tree . She said : Oh , would that I had died ere this and had become a thing of naught , forgotten! Then ( one ) cried unto her from below her , saying : Grieve not! Thy Lord hath placed a rivulet beneath thee , And shake the trunk of the palm tree toward thee , thou wilt cause ripe dates to fall upon thee . So eat and drink and be consoled . And if thou meetest any mortal , say : Lo! I have vowed a fast unto the Beneficent , and may not speak this day to any mortal . Then she brought him to her own folk , carrying him . They said : O Mary! Thou hast come with an amazing thing . Oh sister of Aaron! Thy father was not a wicked man nor was thy mother a harlot .Then she pointed to him . They said How can we tale to one who is in the cradle , a young boy? He spake : Lo! I am the slave of Allah . He hath given me the Scripture and hath appointed me a Prophet , And hath made me blessed wheresoever I may be , and hath enjoined upon me prayer and alms giving so long as I remain alive ,
And ( hath made me ) dutiful toward her who bore me , and hath not made me arrogant , unblest . Peace on me the day I was born , and the day I die , and the day I shall be raised alive! Such was Jesus , son of Mary : ( this is ) a statement of the truth concerning which they doubt . It befitteth not ( the Majesty of ) Allah that He should take unto Himself a son . Glory be to Him! When He decreeth a thing , He saith unto it only : Be! and it is . And lo! Allah is my Lord and your Lord . So serve Him . That is the right path . The sects among them differ : but woe unto the disbelievers from the meeting of an awful Day ." 19.16-37

Peace

Quran & Sunnah
Our Mighty God doens't need to be personified to convey His message to people. Allah Had chosen certain people "The Prophets" to convey His message to people.

Allah says: " Lo! the likeness of Jesus with Allah is as the likeness of Adam . He created him of dust , then He said unto him : Be! and he is . ( This is ) the truth from thy Lord ( O Muhammad ) , so be not thou of those who waver . And whoso disputeth with thee concerning him , after the knowledge which hath come unto thee , say ( unto him ) : Come! We will summon our sons and your sons , and our women and your women , and ourselves and yourselves , then we will pray humbly ( to our Lord ) and ( solemnly ) invoke the curse of Allah upon those who lie . Lo! This verily is the true narrative . There is no God save Allah , and lo! Allah is the Mighty , the Wise . " 3.59-62

You could refer to my thread: http://www.religiousforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5342

Peace

HelpMe

·´sociopathic meanderer`·
what is the meaning of 'allah'?why does islam use it as if it were a name and not a title?

Peace

Quran & Sunnah
HelpMe said:
what is the meaning of 'allah'?why does islam use it as if it were a name and not a title?

Allah is one of the names of God. He is the One God, creater of the whole universe, for there is no god but Allah. The word Allah cannot be made plural or given gender. The word Allah is unique among the names of God in all the languages of mankind in that it was never applied to any being other than God.

Hope the word Allah is now clearer to you :)

Peace

jewscout

Religious Zionist
Jesus was a messenger and teacher for G-d who became another Jewish martyr. He simply ticked off the wrong people in the seats of power.

croak

Trickster
Jesus was a messenger and teacher for G-d who became another Jewish martyr.
He wasn't a martyr. Jesus (as) wasn't killed, and is still alive (believe it or not) in Heaven. It says so in the Qur'an.

I'm just wondering, why do Jewish people (I've only noticed it by them, maybe other people as well) say G-d instead of God?

jewscout

Religious Zionist
RearingArabian said:
He wasn't a martyr. Jesus (as) wasn't killed, and is still alive (believe it or not) in Heaven. It says so in the Qur'an.

I'm just wondering, why do Jewish people (I've only noticed it by them, maybe other people as well) say G-d instead of God?
It is written in Deut. 12:3 that one should not deface or destroy the name of HaShem. So in an effort to avoid that when writing His name many observant Jews will write G-d just to be on the safe side.

Anywho, i think Jesus is dead, like hundreds of other Jewish Martyrs.

Ronald

He was man! Born of woman, had flesh and blood, DIED(God can't die), was brought back to life by Y H V H /God, is now like God, at the righthand of God.

croak

Trickster
Oops, pressed enter, I think.
Anyways, why don't you just say Him or He? Allah is the Only One who's.....pronoun, is it?....is capitalized.

cardero

Citizen Mod
I think that Jesus is both man and a God. I think that we are all Gods, the only difference between GOD and us is our PURPOSE and agenda and the amount of moments that we existed. As far as Jesus Being the messiah or Jesus BEing the Christ-I believe we all have that potential too if we desire.

jewscout

Religious Zionist
Anyways, why don't you just say Him or He?
Hmm i suppose i could but it's less confusing when you use G-d.
Yes HaShem is another name for G-d, it means "The Name" in hebrew and is a less formal way of saying His name. It is one of many names for G-d in Judaism.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
SOGFPP said:
Jesus was 100% man and 100% God.
And you believe that because of the Church.
And you believe the Church because of he Bible.
And you believe the Bible because of 2 Timothy.
And you believe in 2 Timothy because ...

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
jewscout said:
Jesus was a messenger and teacher for G-d who became another Jewish martyr. He simply ticked off the wrong people in the seats of power.
Why on earth would a good Jewish boy believe such nonsense? Tell me, which version of the blood libel do you endorse? Do you also believe the transparent anti-Pharisee propaganda? Even a convert should know enough to recognize an anti-Judaic fabrication. What a shame! :mad:

Rozs

If Jesus is a man, Who is with God when he created the Man??
Genesis 1:26
Who is with God when He said "Let 'Us' create man after 'Our' own image"
Who is He?

Dadball

Why on earth would a good Jewish boy believe such nonsense?
In Rome, in the year 93, Josephus published his lengthy history of the Jews. While discussing the period in which the Jews of Judaea were governed by the Roman procurator Pontius Pilate, Josephus included the following account:

About this time there lived Jesus, a wise man, if indeed one ought to call him a man. For he was one who performed surprising deeds and was a teacher of such people as accept the truth gladly. He won over many Jews and many of the Greeks. He was the Messiah. And when, upon the accusation of the principal men among us, Pilate had condemned him to a cross, those who had first come to love him did not cease. He appeared to them spending a third day restored to life, for the prophets of God had foretold these things and a thousand other marvels about him. And the tribe of the Christians, so called after him, has still to this day not disappeared. - Jewish Antiquities, 18.3.3 §63
(Based on the translation of Louis H. Feldman, The Loeb Classical Library.)
Though it is commonly believe that this text add to after it was written, there is some good research as to credit or discredit this passage.
http://members.aol.com/FLJOSEPHUS/testimonium.htm and http://www.bede.org.uk/Josephus.htm