• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jehovah's Witness=Unbiblical Religion!

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
I believe I am one also, and every born again Christian. However we are all different people but God is one in us.
As mentioned, if God is one with everyone who says he's a believer, how come they kill each other?

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
and Hitler was catholic ,
He was bought up Catholic as a child but became an atheist as a young adult.

Common sense should tell one that he certainly did not in any way believe in or display Catholic teachings.

cataway

Common sense should tell one that he certainly did not in any way believe in or display Catholic teachings.
going back farther, need i mention Napoleon?
i know of different one's that have not been in a church in years ,still considered catholic . i do know one that wont go because of the hypocrisy that he knows of , yet still considers himself to be catholic .

Last edited:

YoursTrue

It's almost like today. Why doesn't the Roman Catholic pope and the Russian Orthodox pope stand up and distinctly say that killing one's brother is wrong?? Tell their parishioners that engaging in war crimes is wrong and they shouldn't be doing these things? (Think Sanhedrin and fear of man maybe?)

cataway

It's almost like today. Why doesn't the Roman Catholic pope and the Russian Orthodox pope stand up and distinctly say that killing one's brother is wrong?? Tell their parishioners that engaging in war crimes is wrong and they shouldn't be doing these things? (Think Sanhedrin and fear of man maybe?)
far more likely to see them blessing weapons

metis

going back farther, need i mention Napoleon?
i know of different one's that have not been in a church in years ,still considered catholic . i do know one that wont go because of the hypocrisy that he knows of , yet still considers himself to be catholic .
So, if a lapsed JW robs a bank, should we blame the JW's?

metis

far more likely to see them blessing weapons
Not in the Catholic Church as basically all recent popes condemn war and don't take sides. Unfortunately, many centuries ago that wasn't always true, especially when some popes were chosen by secular rulers.

And let me just add that Pope Francis has condemned the offensive actions against the Ukraine, and also just a reminder that the scriptures require us to try and do our best to protect the innocent.

cataway

So, if a lapsed JW robs a bank, should we blame the JW's?
certainly not . the issue though with what happened with Napoleon would be that the church backed him . blessed his army even as it was with Hitler. why but for nationalism , where religion be dammed . if its really Christion ,the movement that Jesus started ,blessing war would not happen by people that claimed to be Christion .

YoursTrue

@metis --
So if the Popes decry war and violence how come so many people in the religion don't listen? Or obey? Is it a principle of the Roman Catholic Church or Russian orthodox to love your brother and maybe not kill him?

YoursTrue

Not in the Catholic Church as basically all recent popes condemn war and don't take sides. Unfortunately, many centuries ago that wasn't always true, especially when some popes were chosen by secular rulers.

And let me just add that Pope Francis has condemned the offensive actions against the Ukraine, and also just a reminder that the scriptures require us to try and do our best to protect the innocent.
Again, since pope Francis condemned offensive actions against Ukraine, many are not Roman Catholic there but in an Orthodox church. So why should they listen to him or care? And of course many Russian soldiers are not caring, I suppose, about what pope Francis says. Haven't heard from the Russian orthodox church, have you? Many have been killed, buildings demolished. That's Christian love? Jesus did foretell this but many don't believe the Bible anyway thinking it just isn't what it purports to be so...anyway..(shrug)

YoursTrue

So brother listening to their political leaders killing one another. Just actually what Jesus foretold.

muhammad_isa

@metis --
So if the Popes decry war and violence how come so many people in the religion don't listen? Or obey? Is it a principle of the Roman Catholic Church or Russian orthodox to love your brother and maybe not kill him?
No .. it is not the principle of ANY faith or creed.
It is mankind's weakness to love wealth and power. We are all subject to it.
Extreme wealth or poverty is a very difficult test indeed.
We ask God not to test us to the extent that we cannot bear. Amen.

Unfortunately, the world is out of balance due to our increasing disobedience and growing indifference to faith. Mankind is tribal by nature, and many people seem to think that "flag-waving" will solve all their problems. It won't.

metis

certainly not . the issue though with what happened with Napoleon would be that the church backed him . blessed his army even as it was with Hitler. why but for nationalism , where religion be dammed . if its really Christion ,the movement that Jesus started ,blessing war would not happen by people that claimed to be Christion .
This I agree with, but let me tell you that the Church no longer does that.

Also, just a reminder of what's actually in your Bible, namely that even Jesus' Apostles sometimes didn't do the moral things Jesus' taught, and yet they were the start of the Church you continually badmouth.

And, as you so often do, you just ignore Jesus' teaching that we are not to judge others while you claim to believe in Jesus. Nope, you believe in what the Governing Body tells you to believe in.

Last edited: