• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jehovah's Witness=Unbiblical Religion!

2ndpillar

Your not Catholic you don't have to believe. What do you care

Well you send Joel and Joyce your money thats fine with me. Joel with his 10,000 dollar suits limos and private jets and mansions.

The pope has a job he owns nothing. Its a position he gains nothing from it.

Average Pope Salary in 2022 is $ 37,829 per year. The maximum salary given to a pope is $ 50,000 a year. While the minimum salary given to them is $ 11,000 Per Year.

He also gets a small apartment John Paul 2 choose to sleep on the stone floor when he was pope he never used a bed he felt too guilty to live in comfort. Won't hear Joel and Joyce say that

Hey, I was raised in a Catholic family, and unless they repent, the angels are coming for them per Matthew 13:39-42 to be gathered out and tossed into the furnace of fire. I think God addresses the "fat" "shepherds" who do not feed or heal the sheep in Ezekiel 34, in that they will eat judgment (Ezekiel 34:16). Joel probably leads maybe a couple of hundred thousand down the wide path to destruction, while promising them all the mammon they can handle, whereas the pope leads maybe close to a billion down that same road for all the everlasting life they can handle (Genesis 3:4 & 1 Thessalonians 4:17. They can repent or dawdle down that same road.

Brian2

Veteran Member
What Matthew 10:28 says is as follows below.. Which is not in line with your interpretation. Maybe you should explain the following Mt 10:33, whereas anyone who denies me, I will deny them before my Father who is in heaven. As I think you are pushing Peter as the rock the church is built on. I am thinking that Peter is the petros, and not the petra/foundation stone.

New American Standard Bible Mt10:28
And do not be afraid of those who kill the body but are unable to kill the soul; but rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

You sound as if you think you are talking to Dogknox20. He is the one who is a Catholic.

Brian2

Veteran Member
Matthew 10
28 And do not become fearful of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul; rather, fear him who can destroy both soul and body in Ge·henʹna.

Luke 12
. 4 Moreover, I say to you, my friends, do not fear those who kill the body and after this are not able to do anything more. 5 But I will show you whom to fear: Fear the One who after killing has authority to throw into Ge·henʹna.
two witnesses confirm
such an outcome means a person is gone, gone never coming back

Nevertheless if someone came up to you on the street and killed you, it would be only your body that would die but your soul would still be alive as per Matt 10:28.
It is God who later might want to destroy both your body and soul in Gehenna but the person who shot you cannot kill your soul.

cataway

Nevertheless if someone came up to you on the street and killed you, it would be only your body that would die but your soul would still be alive as per Matt 10:28.
It is God who later might want to destroy both your body and soul in Gehenna but the person who shot you cannot kill your soul.
''7 And Jehovah God went on to form the man out of dust from the ground and to blow into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living person''

i wonder why it is it does not say and God gave him a soul ?

Brian2

Veteran Member
''7 And Jehovah God went on to form the man out of dust from the ground and to blow into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living person''

i wonder why it is it does not say and God gave him a soul ?

Because "soul" is used in more than one way in the scriptures and the JWs know that but deny the way it is used which could give you an answer for Matt 10:28.
JWs like the definition that says the whole person is the soul and like the one that says that the soul is life. That one enables an answer for such scriptures as 1Kinngs 17:22.
1Kings 17:22 And the LORD listened to the voice of Elijah, and the child’s life(soul) returned to him, and he lived.
But JWs do not like the definition that says the soul is the immaterial part of a human that lives in the body. That one messes up the whole of JW theology and so they deny that meaning.
The JWs like doing that with many other words in the ancient Greek and Hebrew also where the meaning of these words messes with their theology. (eg Hades, sheol, firstborn, kingdom etc)

cataway

Because "soul" is used in more than one way in the scriptures and the JWs know that but deny the way it is used which could give you an answer for Matt 10:28.
JWs like the definition that says the whole person is the soul and like the one that says that the soul is life. That one enables an answer for such scriptures as 1Kinngs 17:22.
1Kings 17:22 And the LORD listened to the voice of Elijah, and the child’s life(soul) returned to him, and he lived.
But JWs do not like the definition that says the soul is the immaterial part of a human that lives in the body. That one messes up the whole of JW theology and so they deny that meaning.
The JWs like doing that with many other words in the ancient Greek and Hebrew also where the meaning of these words messes with their theology. (eg Hades, sheol, firstborn, kingdom etc)
ah then rightly it should say
7 And Jehovah God went on to form the man out of dust from the ground and to blow into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living soul.

Brian2

Veteran Member
ah then rightly it should say
7 And Jehovah God went on to form the man out of dust from the ground and to blow into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living soul.

Yes of course Genesis 2:7 is correct when it uses "soul".

Dogknox20

You sound as if you think you are talking to Dogknox20. He is the one who is a Catholic.
Brian2 yup I am a Christian!

The Anti-Christ is Anti-Christian! He attacks what Christians believe; there is NO Anti-JW because they are doing Satan's work!
There is No Anti Islam for the same reason!
Anti Christians attack Christians they attack Christian belief and Christian symbols.
The Anti-Christian rejects the scriptures or they massage and massage the words of God until God says what they want God to have said!

Christians believe Jesus is God!
Christians believe the Trinity!
Christians believe the scriptures.
Christians use the "Cross" as their symbol; you see a "Cross" or a person making the symbol you know instantly it is a Christian!
Christians KNOW beyond all doubt Jesus established his Church on ROCK not on sand, to believe differently is to say Jesus is a "Fool"!

24 “Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. 25 The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock.

26 But everyone who hears these words of mine and does not put them into practice is like a foolish man who built his house on sand. 27 The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell with a great crash.

cataway

Brian2 yup I am a Christian!

The Anti-Christ is Anti-Christian! He attacks what Christians believe; there is NO Anti-JW because they are doing Satan's work!
There is No Anti Islam for the same reason!
Anti Christians attack Christians they attack Christian belief and Christian symbols.
The Anti-Christian rejects the scriptures or they massage and massage the words of God until God says what they want God to have said!

Christians believe Jesus is God!
Christians believe the Trinity!
Christians believe the scriptures.
Christians use the "Cross" as their symbol; you see a "Cross" or a person making the symbol you know instantly it is a Christian!
Christians KNOW beyond all doubt Jesus established his Church on ROCK not on sand, to believe differently is to say Jesus is a "Fool"!

24 “Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. 25 The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock.

26 But everyone who hears these words of mine and does not put them into practice is like a foolish man who built his house on sand. 27 The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell with a great crash.
you also hate yeah you left that part out

Brian2

Veteran Member
then it fallows that he is a living soul ,dead he would be a dead soul

His body would be a dead soul.
However the living soul of Genesis 2:7 is both body and spirit and when the body dies the body is a dead soul and the spirit part is the living soul that lives on after the death of the body.
I suggest you look at Matt 10:28 for increased knowledge and understanding.

cataway

His body would be a dead soul.
However the living soul of Genesis 2:7 is both body and spirit and when the body dies the body is a dead soul and the spirit part is the living soul that lives on after the death of the body.
I suggest you look at Matt 10:28 for increased knowledge and understanding.
Jesus said: “Do not become fearful of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul; but rather be in fear of him that can destroy both soul and body in Gehenna.”
it means we need not be in dread of death. the worst anyone can do is kill you, its only temporary. Jehovah can and will undo any damage done to his faithful servants, even resurrecting them.
It is Jehovah alone who is worthy of our fear, our profound awe and respect. he alone has the power to take away a persons life. destroying a person completely. so completely gone , its as if they never existed!
let me please assure you Jehovah does not want that to happen to you. my self, should i die, i have the resurrection hope, and i feal safe in the everlasting life promise that lies ahead in the earthly kingdom

Brian2

Veteran Member
Jesus said: “Do not become fearful of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul; but rather be in fear of him that can destroy both soul and body in Gehenna.”
it means we need not be in dread of death. the worst anyone can do is kill you, its only temporary. Jehovah can and will undo any damage done to his faithful servants, even resurrecting them.
It is Jehovah alone who is worthy of our fear, our profound awe and respect. he alone has the power to take away a persons life. destroying a person completely. so completely gone , its as if they never existed!
let me please assure you Jehovah does not want that to happen to you. my self, should i die, i have the resurrection hope, and i feal safe in the everlasting life promise that lies ahead in the earthly kingdom

Yes that is what Matt 10:28 is teaching and it also teaches that someone might kill our body but cannot kill our soul.
You say that when someone kills our body they have killed our soul and Jesus says otherwise.
You have listened to men for so long that you believe them instead of believing Jesus.
They tell you that we are a soul, and they are right. They tell you that "soul" does not also mean in places the spirit part of us that is inside our bodies,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,they are wrong.
Listen to Jesus.

muhammad_isa

Yes that is what Matt 10:28 is teaching and it also teaches that someone might kill our body but cannot kill our soul..
I agree with you.
That is the meaning of a life hereafter.

The suggestion that only some people have immortal souls and others do not is a projection of what some people think G-d "ought to be" .. it does not correlate with reality or scripture.

cataway

Yes that is what Matt 10:28 is teaching and it also teaches that someone might kill our body but cannot kill our soul.
You say that when someone kills our body they have killed our soul and Jesus says otherwise.
You have listened to men for so long that you believe them instead of believing Jesus.
They tell you that we are a soul, and they are right. They tell you that "soul" does not also mean in places the spirit part of us that is inside our bodies,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,they are wrong.
Listen to Jesus.
in #491 you had all ready said ''His body would be a dead soul.''

cataway

I agree with you.
That is the meaning of a life hereafter.

The suggestion that only some people have immortal souls and others do not is a projection of what some people think G-d "ought to be" .. it does not correlate with reality or scripture.
immortal souls ?? no such thing

muhammad_isa

only one God that i am sure of is immortal, he is ''the God'' .
Yes .. we say "He", but that doesn't mean that G-d is a person.
How can a person be "infinite" ?
Clearly, they cannot.

There is nothing comparable to G-d.
Our souls [ or as you prefer, our spirits ], belong to Him.
They are immaterial, as is G-d.

Dogknox20

you also hate yeah you left that part out

cataway the scriptures tell you "Do not judge"!

Christians believe "Jesus is God"!
Christians believe "The Trinity"
Christians revere the Cross; it is a Christian symbol! Early Christians tell you "Jesus died on a Cross'!
Christians believe Jesus cannot fail; he always does what he set out to accomplish! "I will build MY Church on ROCK it will never fall"!
Christians reject anyone telling us when the end of the world will take place.. Only God knows when!
Christians reject sacrificing Children in God' name!
Christians have a 2000 year history.. NOT a 200 years history going back to a man that rejected Christian belief!
Christians reject the NWT bible it has over 400 false changes!