• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

January 6th, Just What Was It?

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
BLM is an opportunistic shake down mob that uses intimidation and threats to profit for selfish gain.

The biggest threat by far in America to black men is other black men! Cops are called into black neighborhoods to deal with rampant violence and other crimes.
Oh boy, that old nugget. :rolleyes:

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
I've had a number of dealings with violent black men in my lifetime, from being robbed at my job to my 17 year old daughter being gang raped by 3 of them.

If BLM REALLY wanted to do something about the murder rate of black men then they would demand justice in their own community instead of harracing people out for dinner!
I have been sexually assaulted by three white dudes. White dudes really need to get their s*** together. :rolleyes:

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
So that excuses what these people were doing on January 6th, eh?

Let me post a short video of what happened and see what you think if this happened at your home:
Nice try but I never said it happened at my home. I simply stated the truth of what happened regarding any deaths or serious injuries that led to deaths on that day. Heck, I didn't even say my husband died at my home (he didn't - he died out of state in fact).

Kathryn

A small fire was also started, and extinguished. But it made the news. Good gracious.

Kathryn

Do you want their names and addresses? There are reports of well over 100 police officers were injured. One lost an eye. Others had serious injuries that they were hospitalized for. There is surely a resource somewhere that details all the injuries. One police officer was being attacked and feared he was going to be murdered, and the attacker stopped once the officer said that he has kids. Only then did the rioter see the officer as a human being that deserves life.

Do you think the actions of the Jan 6 rioters was justified, and the injuries the police suffered was just part of the job?
No, I don't think that the rioters were justified. No, I don't think the injuries the police suffered are EVER "just part of the job." Though they ARE part of the job unfortunately. But I would like some clarification on the injuries they suffered. Like a source or several. Thanks in advance.

Oh and I should have said "SERIOUS" injuries (basically requiring hospitalization, possibly leading to death). Not some scrapes and bruises, which I can get working in my yard for that matter.

Last edited:

Kathryn

This sort of thing doesn't help:

Colt

No, literally. A small fire was started in the basement and quickly extinguished.
This IS the Saint Johns Church fire which was extinguished. The OTHER church was one of a number of fires set in D.C. that night.
0711586a463c058aabd4c84791fd1592fcf9520a (1).png

Kathryn

This IS the Saint Johns Church fire which was extinguished. The OTHER church was one of a number of fires set in D.C. that night.
View attachment 73151
More on the St John's fire:

Anyway, regardless, the damages to St. John's church were minor and confined to one small area, thankfully. And no one was hurt or killed and nothing historic was damaged.

Last edited:

F1fan

Veteran Member
No, I don't think that the rioters were justified. No, I don't think the injuries the police suffered are EVER "just part of the job." Though they ARE part of the job unfortunately. But I would like some clarification on the injuries they suffered. Like a source or several. Thanks in advance.

Oh and I should have said "SERIOUS" injuries (basically requiring hospitalization, possibly leading to death). Not some scrapes and bruises, which I can get working in my yard for that matter.
I’ve never looked into any source for the police injuries. I am aware of certain cases where it was part of reporting, interviews, and congressional Hearings.

Still any injuries regardless of severity are acceptable since the protest was organized against false claims of election fraud. There shouldn’t even have been a protest, let alone a conspiracy against the Congress, and all the violence that ensued.

F1fan

Veteran Member
This sort of thing doesn't help:

Are you looking up references to help soothe your right wing alliance? This reference is irrelevant to what happened on Jan 6 and the far right people who all contributed to it happening.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Nah, it's
Yes! That nugget is the truth in the shoe of neurotically guilty white Liberals.
Nah, it's just another right-wing diversionary tactic that borders on racist. You guys have been parroting that one for decades now.

As if the people in a group called Black Lives Matter aren't concerned with gun violence in their communities.

F1fan

Veteran Member
More on the St John's fire:

Anyway, regardless, the damages to St. John's church were minor and confined to one small area, thankfully. And no one was hurt or killed and nothing historic was damaged.
More irrelevant deflections. Are you sad because property was damaged?

You do realize what you’re doing, yes? You are reading about the horrible consequences of Jan 6 and feeling shame since your political side is responsible and instead of acknowledging the problem you are deflecting with examples of the left. The differences are huge, but you feel better, yes?

These left wing examples are fringe actors, not the mainstream. And there is no democrat pushing them to do it. On the right we see top down fraud, conspiracy, insurrection, violence, and corruption. It has influenced the mainstream republican voting base. That poses a threat to national security.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Nice try but I never said it happened at my home. I simply stated the truth of what happened regarding any deaths or serious injuries that led to deaths on that day. Heck, I didn't even say my husband died at my home (he didn't - he died out of state in fact).
I didn't imply that it did but was merely saying that the BS being spouted by the likes of Tucker Carlson is just that-- BS.

BTW, you can access much more of the actual footage on YouTube.

Jose Fly

Fisker of men

Officer Michael Fanone.

"The day Fanone was dragged down the Capitol’s marble stairs, beaten with pipes and poles, tear-gassed and stun-gunned. The day he pleaded for his life as they threatened to shoot him with his own gun, telling the rioters he had kids, until they relented and spared him."

Read the whole article. He very nearly died that day.

More reading material....

"WASHINGTON (AP) — “This is how I’m going to die, defending this entrance,” Capitol Police Sergeant Aquilino Gonell recalled thinking, testifying Tuesday at the emotional opening hearing of the congressional panel investigating the violent Jan. 6 Capitol insurrection.

Gonell told House investigators he could feel himself losing oxygen as he was crushed by rioters – supporters of then-President Donald Trump – as he tried to hold them back and protect the Capitol and lawmakers.
"

Last edited:

Colt

Nah, it's just another right-wing diversionary tactic that borders on racist. You guys have been parroting that one for decades now.

As if the people in a group called Black Lives Matter aren't concerned with gun violence in their communities.
Black men are 8% of the population in America but account for over 50% of all murders.

Far more white men are killed by fatal force encounters with police in America than black men. When white men are killed its not news, not looped 24/7 and no riots, looting and violence.

Ponder This

So what? He was guilty of a crime, and now he's doing time.
So... you agree that being in front of a podium is not a violent act.
Not for me or millions of others. It just makes the police complicit. Being led into a bank by the president to rob it isn't exculpatory, either. It's aiding and abetting if there was no prior plan, and criminal conspiracy if there was. Everybody that facilitated the crimes of January 6th should be brought to justice.
You would pursue charges against the police officers accompanying Chansley?!? IMO, this throw-everyone-in-jail mentality is dangerous.
It remains a mystery to me why so many Americans want this covered up rather than investigated and prosecuted as a serious crime.
How is revealing exculpatory evidence not the opposite of a cover-up?
No one is claiming it was. But if he was part of an organized conspiracy to break into tthe Capitol then any violence done by others would apply to him. I suspect he was just there as part of Trump's election fraud.
As far as I am aware conspiracy is not something Chansley was charged with. If you have additional evidence that Chansley was also part of a conspiracy, then you should share it.
No it isn't. That he was INSIDE the building illegally with others IS the crime of obsructing the official proceeding. The members of congress had to stop their work due to him and others breaking into the building. As explained the police were overwhelmed and at some point worked to get the rioters out, as the video showed. The police could not arrest the people who were inside because they feared more violence, and had no where to put a 1000 people. Fortunately many of the rioters took video and pictures and the law enforcement have been able to track them down.
It's entirely possible that you don't understand what exculpatory evidence is even when it is carefully explained to you. Here is a link for you to go study: Cornell Law School: Exculpatory Evidence.
Well if a person lies then they are a liar. I don't call people liars unless I can confirm they are lying. Carlson is an entertainer that has very low ethics by making many untrue suggestions and statements, but he is making quite a bit of money. He plants a lot of fasle ideas by using tons of innuendo.
If you have evidence that the video footage is a lie, then please share it. Otherwise, don't claim that you only call people liars when you can confirm they are lying.
Him being in the Capitol was the crime. His presence in the Capitol, along with many hundreds of others, resulted in Congress stopping their proceeding, thus the crime. You don't seem to understand that him being IN THE BUILDING was the crime. How the police corralled all the rioters is irrelevant to them committing a crime as soon as they broke in.
Chansley Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building was only one of the crimes he was charged with. Also, what police do to corral people does matter.
The guy was an idiot to trust Trump in the first place. He was an idiot again by travelling to the Capitol to protest an election that was secure and valid. He was stupid on a thrid level by following others into the Capitol. If this guy has mental health problems then his parents should seek legal guardianship and not allow him to make his own poor choices. And again, it does not matter how the poilce corralled the rioters after they broke in, that these people broke into the building WAS the crime.
Your rebuttal consists of what-about-Trumpism, Chansley-was-an-idiot ad hominem, and it-doesn't-matter-what police-did. It's like you didn't read what I wrote at all.
Well he was seen in the building, and that was the crime. So there is no excupatory evidence that he wasn't IN the building, which WAS the crime. Do you follow me here? The obstruction of the official proceeding was caused when rioters broke in. Chandley was one of them He was given what, 40 months? That should be enough time for him to ponder how to not trust conmen like Trump again.
Go back and read about exculpatory evidence.
You mean that the cherry picked video shows that. So what? A cherry picked video does not qualify as evidence. Just because someone is nice at times does not mean that he was not violent elsewhere. It was shown on the very first page of this thread that Carson cherry picked his scenes. Sorry, it is not exculpatory.
Inculpatory evidence aginst Chansley is cherry-picked. However, the footage Tucker showed was not seen during Chansley's trial. The prosecution had an obligation to provide the complete footage to the defense (which they failed to do). The footage was also requested in writing by the defense, but the defense did not receive the footage. By your logic, cherry-picked inculpatory evidence of Chansley doesn't count as evidence either.