• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

It's Official

nPeace

Veteran Member
I always though Putin was a madman, but now I know he is.

Putin said:
Whoever would try to stop us, and further create threats to our country, to our people, should know that Russia's response will be immediate and lead you to such consequences as you have never faced in your history.
At least he is one brave madman.
Maybe someone is really creating threats to his country, to his people, and we can't see them.
Now that Biden is in though, it seems like a good opportunity to attack those Russian threats.
Or maybe there are things going on behind the scene that Putin is trying to stop.
I'm ignorant about these political strategists.

It was only a matter of time though. The second rider was quiet for some time. Seems he was only waiting for the two last riders to wreck havoc. Now it's his turn...

exchemist

Veteran Member

Maybe someone is really creating threats to his country, to his people, and we can't see them.
Now that Biden is in though, it seems like a good opportunity to attack those Russian threats.
Or maybe there are things going on behind the scene that Putin is trying to stop.

It was only a matter of time though. The second rider was quiet for some time. Seems he was only waiting for the two last riders to wreck havoc. Now it's his turn...
And if Trump gets re-elected we will have Pestilence, so only one short of a full house. ;)

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
For sure. The West have been demonizing Putin for decades, while not respecting him nor take him serious (P said).

If you tell someone long enough he is "the demon" (US did), then he will become one. But then you are to blame when the demon vanquishes you, you created a strong demon

Words Have Power

Hence don't misuse "Freedom of Speech"

stvdv

#MeToo

But I must say that Putin played it well (or it's all in agreement with the rich elite, as a global plan, like global covid, part of the New Normal).

Playing the "I will go nuclear" card means that US and NATO won't lose face, when doing nothing now. Afghanistan was enough for 1 year. Credibility should not go down too much

stvdv

At being a Nazi? :oops:
Putin does many good things in Russia for the people they said.

For sure, first hand proof trumps mainstream media fake news, who have been demonizing Putin for decades.

The West played the wrong game, and lost. Putin is better at Russian Roulette. He wins this game,

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
There are always at least 2 sides to disputes. So of course
there are many people who like Putin's style of governance
(Including Trump)....
- Recapturing the size & power of the Soviet empire.
- Dominant Christianity.
- Opposition to homosexuality.
- Security & order.
- Anti-abortion.
- Flexing military power.

But should we go along with countries that conquer their
neighbors under the pretext that they were once part of
a greater empire? Should we just accept that cultural &
political unity require oppression, re-education, &
segregation, eg, China?

NATO's threat to Russia isn't existential. It's really a threat
to Russia's potential invasion of former Soviet satellites.
I oppose our foreign adventurism, ie, invading ****hole
countries around the globe...but I favor strong defense
alliances with our allies. If/when Putin comes after former
satellites that now belong to NATO, eg, Latvia, Lithuania,
Estonia, they should be a line in the sand using the MAD
strategy to negotiate this limit to conquest.

Ref...
Trump largely isolated in praise for Putin as GOP condemns Russian invasion
Putin's spiritual destiny
FMaI0f9VEAE1lNt

Last edited:

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member

For sure, first hand proof trumps mainstream media fake news, who have been demonizing Putin for decades.

The West played the wrong game, and lost. Putin is better at Russian Roulette. He wins this game,
When he controls the media is it likely that they will be getting much truth though - apart from the even more controlling attitude to demonstrations and such. Why do you think the former Soviet members seem so keen to exist as they are rather than be part of Russia's domain? They at least do seem to experience some of the freedoms and benefits that we expect in the West - such as not to have autocrats as leaders who remain in power rather too long.

He hasn't won yet, and he could still lose (from those inside doing some dirty work) if the price is too high for the apparent gains.

stvdv

When he controls the media is it likely that they will be getting much truth though
They live and work in Russia and were friends, so not lying. If you live in a country you experience first hand, hence I said "this trumps mainstream media propaganda newspapers in the West about Russia"

apart from the even more controlling attitude to demonstrations and such
I did not say Putin is perfect...they told me Putin does many good things to Russian people (again, still far from perfection of course)

Why do you think the former Soviet members seem so keen to exist as they are rather than be part of Russia's domain?
Freedom is our Highest Goal

They at least do seem to experience some of the freedoms and benefits that we expect in the West - such as not to have autocrats as leaders who remain in power rather too long.
That would be okay if the perfect Dharmic ruler, alas not there yet. Biden is no Saint either though

He hasn't won yet, and he could still lose (from those inside doing some dirty work) if the price is too high for the apparent gains.
True

Putin said he was there to save those who were harmed by their government. Reading this seemed so untrue and unreal to me. The biggest lie ever.

If true on the other hand then he is quite Saintly. But this I can't believe. At least shortly we will know if this was 1 fat lie (Kali Yuga, Sai Baba declared there was not 1 "good"(100%) person in KY)

Last edited:

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
They live and work in Russia and were friends, so not lying. If you live in a country you experience first hand, hence I said "this trumps mainstream media propaganda newspapers in the West about Russia"

I did not say Putin is perfect...they told me Putin does many good things to Russian people (again, still far from perfection of course)

Freedom is our Highest Goal

That would be okay if the perfect Dharmic ruler, alas not there yet. Biden is no Saint either though

True

Putin said he was there to sace those who were harmed by their government. Reading this seemed so untrue and unreal to me. The biggest lie ever.

If tue on the other hand then he is quite Saintly. But this I can't believe. At least shortly we will know if this was 1 fat lie (Kali Yuga, Sai Baba declared there was not 1 "good"(100%) person in KY)
I've got nothing against any Russians, and I wish them all the best, whatever that is to them, and I don't know how they view their lives compared with how they might live in any other country, but I certainly wouldn't want to live in any country where the leadership had a threatening air, and used such - against the populace or any others. Perhaps we expect too much these days even if we know our own governments are often faulty - and a symptom of living without major wars for so long

stvdv

But should we go along with countries that conquer their
neighbors under the pretext that they were once part of
a greater empire?
Putin even claimed that he only invaded to rescue the people oppressed by Ukraine government

Hearing this sounded the weirdest, craziest lie to me. At least this will be proven wrong, I expect, pretty soon

By the way, many American politicians have similar not spiritual destiny as in your picture

And I am not a fan of Putin, nor of Bill Gates, Biden or Trump. They have 1 thing in common which makes me know they can't be trusted

stvdv

I've got nothing against any Russians, and I wish them all the best, whatever that is to them, and I don't know how they view their lives compared with how they might live in any other country, but I certainly wouldn't want to live in any country where the leadership had a threatening air, and used such - against the populace or any others. Perhaps we expect too much these days even if we know our own governments are often faulty - and a symptom of living without major wars for so long
I wouldn't want to live there either

In Holland the democracy is already declining, in name of corona. Too bad.

Wherever rulers are in power who are greedy for money and power you have trouble.

Hitler "attitude" is still alife in many people

Last edited:

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
I wouldn't want to live there either

In Holland the democracy is already declining, in name of corona. Too bad.

Wherever rules are in power who are greedy for money and power you have trouble.

Hitler "attitude" is still alife in many people
Well I have only ever lived in the UK - and happy as to such - but I have travelled quite widely, in Europe and elsewhere, such that for most of Europe and for many other places - like the Americas and for Australia/NZ and no doubt many others - I would adapt and feel quite at home (given the language constraints). Some countries I probably wouldn't though, either because of too much religious influence or because of autocracy and such - simply on principle - and Russia seems to be going in the latter direction.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Putin even claimed that he only invaded to rescue the people oppressed by Ukraine government

Hearing this sounded the weirdest, craziest lie to me. At least this will be proven wrong, I expect, pretty soon

By the way, many American politicians have similar not spiritual destiny as in your picture

And I am not a fan of Putin, nor of Bill Gates, Biden or Trump. They have 1 thing in common which makes me know they can't be trusted
At least Gates & Trump never started a war.
Although in Trump's case, I think we were just lucky.

Truthseeker

Non-debating member when I can help myself

Here's a report today that supports that he is delusional:

Russian President Vladimir Putin has urged the Ukrainian army to overthrow its leadership whom he labelled as a “gang of drug addicts and neo-Nazis who have has lodged itself in Kyiv and taken hostage the entire Ukrainian people.”

Addressing the Ukrainian military in a televised address, a visibly angry Putin urged the military to “take power in your own hands”.

It seems like it will be easier for us to agree with you than this gang of drug addicts and neo-Nazis.

Putin said similar things about Ukrainian leadership before, but it seemed it was possibly for domestic consumption. Now he's saying the same thing to the Ukrainian military who if he was thinking clearly would realize they wouldn't believe such nonsense. Maybe he himself believes what he is saying to them. This man is really dangerous to the world because here is a delusional person with a big arsenal of nuclear weapons. The response to this invasion has to be careful.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Putin is a Christian???? Are they opposing abortion?
When I say that Putin want's Christianity made part
of government policy, it's about only one flavor of
Christianity....not representative of other versions.

I'd wondered if I should've elaborated to make that
clearer. I decided on brevity.
Thanx loads for showing me that I blundered, toots!

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
When I say that Putin want's Christianity made part
of government policy, it's about only one flavor of
Christianity....not representative of other versions.

I'd wondered if I should've elaborated to make that
clearer. I decided on brevity.
Thanx loads for showing me that I blundered, toots!

Russian Orthodox? Happy to be of service, honey.