• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

It's God's Fault!

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Or is it man's fault?

With the recent chemical spill reported on the news, it made me think (I know, a rare moment :) )

Just how dangerous is the Ohio derailment disaster? Why it's confusing.

As a premise, I look at precedent when addressing the issue within the scope of my signature:

Gen 1:26 Then God said, “Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over the cattle, over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.”

The word “dominion” has an understanding of rulership and control as if God just said, “It is yours to do as you wish”. It was without defect.

Then Adam decided to follow a different spirit and the death cycle began over man’s dominion.

I look at today with all the herbicides, pesticides, food additives, fake foods (twinkies that are just as moist and creamy 5 years after it laid on the countertop to be bought), sugars, vapes, cigarettes, opioids and wonder, “is it really God’s fault that He is doing nothing?” or is it the Adam’s syndrome of blaming others and God for was he did with his own possession? (If you think Adam is allegorical – it would still be applicable)

Then you have diseases caused by man playing with DNA of animals or transmitted diseases caused by perverted actions of intercourse.

Or how about what long term effects of radiation both in the testing of nuclear devices or the effect Fukushima or Chernobyl? Do we really know the long term effects of what is happening to the oceans and on land? Or do we just trust the government when they say “It’s all right to live there now”?

So is the proliferation of diseases et al really a lack of God's love or is it the results of the arrogance of man?And, in this 21st century, (IMV) – would actually make me wonder if today’s “Why doesn’t God do something if He is so loving” sound more like a victim mentality effort to relieve humanity of their personal responsibility.

In my worldview, I would say God will do something to prevent mankind’s and his ownership of the world from destroying themselves. Matt 24:22 King James Bible And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.

So, IMV, it’s man’s fault. I'm sure others will disagree.

Last edited:

Heyo

Veteran Member
I agree with this sentence. It's the rest I have problems with.
In my worldview, I would say God will do something to prevent mankind’s and his ownership of the world from destroying themselves.
Humanity has to grow up and take responsibility. Imagining that daddy will fix things for us is infantile and won't help us.

Kenny

Premium Member
I agree with this sentence. It's the rest I have problems with.

Humanity has to grow up and take responsibility. Imagining that daddy will fix things for us is infantile and won't help us.
But will they?

If I look at today's 21st century, I would say we are no different that in WW1 or WW2. The only difference is that we are more lethal.

Kenny

Premium Member
This is in the journals section. Are you okay with some disagreement in the form of respectful discussion?
Not at all... I didn't want a "debate" but rather healthy respectful discussion. Thanks for asking

Heyo

Veteran Member
But will they?
We have to. And part of that is to realize and teach our kids (and some of our adults) that reality is real and superstition is dangerous. Imagining some magical help keeps people from taking responsibility.
If I look at today's 21st century, I would say we are no different that in WW1 or WW2. The only difference is that we are more lethal.
Most of the world didn't even have voting rights for women in WWI and we didn't have a UN in WWII. We are still far away from global Enlightenment but it is not that nothing has happened.

Kenny

Premium Member
We have to. And part of that is to realize and teach our kids (and some of our adults) that reality is real and superstition is dangerous. Imagining some magical help keeps people from taking responsibility.

So, is this the same "Adam syndrome" that is represented in Genesis? Was playing with Covid in monkeys a result of someone's faith? Are the diseases cause by bestiality a result of someone's faith or lack thereof? (not saying that religion can't have a negative impact--but the adding of dyes, chemicals, pesticides et al have nothing to do with it.

It almost sounds like you are suggesting that those of have have all the responsibility while those without faith are exempt from responsibility.

Most of the world didn't even have voting rights for women in WWI and we didn't have a UN in WWII. We are still far away from global Enlightenment but it is not that nothing has happened.

So, if I look at this logically, you are saying:

Woman's rights show that we are making progress and outweighs the chemical mishaps, human trafficking, people dying of hunger and the possibility of WWIII.

At least that is what it sounds like.

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
Many people think that is what prayer does, and that if they pray, they have done their job. They don't have to actually do anything. We always need to act in defense of our human brothers or sisters. Maybe even our animal brothers or sisters.

Kenny

Premium Member
No atheist will disagree with you, but he will point out that if a tri-omni deity existed, it would be omniresponsible. Still, rejecting the claim that such a thing exists, he isn't wondering whether to blame gods or man.
Yes, they would and do. Granted. I just happen to believe Gen 1:26 as the Omnipotent omnipotently handing it over to man. But that will always be a point of discussion that will never be solved by the two opposing views

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Yes, they would and do.

You wrote, "it’s man’s fault. I'm sure others will disagree" and I said that no atheist will disagree with you. Two things: you have said that you don't want debate, and now you're issuing a contradictory position, although to rise to the level of debate, you'd need to defend the position (rebuttal, or counterargument) rather than merely contradict it. Dissent without argument is useless. It's simply the expression of an undefended opinion.

So all you need do now is present the example (falsifying evidence) of an atheist blaming a god rather than man for man's choices. Of course, that's debate. Or, agree that my statement is correct and that you misunderstood it or whatever your reason for posting that atheists blame gods, and the debate is resolved. This is dialectic, incidentally - the use of reason and evidence to resolve differences of opinion about factual claims. I'll bet that we can come to accord here and agree that atheists do not blame the gods they don't believe exist.

F1fan

Veteran Member
Why did God create toxic chemicals? Why did God make them useful to humans that will endanger us? Why did God create so many humans without adequate ethics?

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Or is it man's fault?

With the recent chemical spill reported on the news, it made me think (I know, a rare moment :) )

Just how dangerous is the Ohio derailment disaster? Why it's confusing.

As a premise, I look at precedent when addressing the issue within the scope of my signature:

Gen 1:26 Then God said, “Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over the cattle, over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.”

The word “dominion” has an understanding of rulership and control as if God just said, “It is yours to do as you wish”. It was without defect.

Then Adam decided to follow a different spirit and the death cycle began over man’s dominion.

I look at today with all the herbicides, pesticides, food additives, fake foods (twinkies that are just as moist and creamy 5 years after it laid on the countertop to be bought), sugars, vapes, cigarettes, opioids and wonder, “is it really God’s fault that He is doing nothing?” or is it the Adam’s syndrome of blaming others and God for was he did with his own possession? (If you think Adam is allegorical – it would still be applicable)

Then you have diseases caused by man playing with DNA of animals or transmitted diseases caused by perverted actions of intercourse.

Or how about what long term effects of radiation both in the testing of nuclear devices or the effect Fukushima or Chernobyl? Do we really know the long term effects of what is happening to the oceans and on land? Or do we just trust the government when they say “It’s all right to live there now”?

So is the proliferation of diseases et al really a lack of God's love or is it the results of the arrogance of man?And, in this 21st century, (IMV) – would actually make me wonder if today’s “Why doesn’t God do something if He is so loving” sound more like a victim mentality effort to relieve humanity of their personal responsibility.

In my worldview, I would say God will do something to prevent mankind’s and his ownership of the world from destroying themselves. Matt 24:22 King James Bible And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.

Who has been "blaming god", exactly?

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Why did God create toxic chemicals? Why did God make them useful to humans that will endanger us? Why did God create so many humans without adequate ethics?

Why did God write this post?

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
Humans don't have ethics, supposedly. That's why we need salvation. (I don't agree; just being the messenger.)