• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

It's God's Fault!

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Begging your pardon, but I'm not sure how it's possible to discuss this topic and not debate, especially when qualifying the subject matter with "I'm sure others will disagree."

I'm not sure it's entire fair to the "others" to state they cannot debate. To me, it's politely saying, "if you disagree with my premise, shut up and stay the heck out of my thread."
I have no problem with disagreement - I believe I quoted the difference between debate and discussion

Kenny

Premium Member
No, people are willing to take responsibility. The myth that you mentioned takes responsibility away from them. Atheists do not believe that myth. They know that they are responsible for their own wrong doings when they make them.
Agreed on what atheists believe and don’t believe!

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member

Ah. In that case, maybe we need a heathy debate thread created to debate what debate is, because a healthy debate isn’t about demeaning people or attacking them (though admittedly, those who have poor debating skill here let it deteriorate to this from time to time on this board). It’s about arguing specifics points within opposing views.

Kenny

Premium Member
more lethal? try again.

The exact number of deaths in the The Russian-Ukrainian War is difficult to determine due to differing estimates from various sources and the ongoing nature of the conflict. As of 2021, it is estimated that the conflict has resulted in at least 13,000 deaths.

World War II, on the other hand, was a global war that lasted from 1939 to 1945 and resulted in an estimated 70 million deaths worldwide, including both military and civilian casualties. The Soviet Union, of which Ukraine was a part at the time, suffered the highest number of casualties of any country in the war, with an estimated 27 million deaths.

In terms of raw numbers, the death toll in the Russian-Ukrainian War is significantly lower than that of World War II.
More leather isn’t the numbers - more lethal is meant by capacity - with nuclear capabilities and increased biological capacity as shown with COVID - it is still more lethal

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Agreed on what atheists believe and don’t believe!
You should agree that we take responsibility too. We cannot blame God. Who else could we blame?

I always find it more than a bit disingenuous when theists try to claim that atheists do not want to take responsibility for their actions. That sounds a lot more like Christianity to me with their substitutionary atonement,