• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

It's Friday. What have you learnt this week?

Gentoo

The Feisty Penguin
I learned that taking a plane by myself isn't as frightening as I thought it was going to be...

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
I used to love using Visio. Back when I used to think making diagrams of complex processes and/or systems would help people understand them, I used to use it religiously.
That reminds me of another thing I learned --some managers don't know how to make diagrams of complex processes (but you do it the way they dictate, anyway).

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
That reminds me of another thing I learned --some managers don't know how to make diagrams of complex processes (but you do it the way they dictate, anyway).

Change "some" to "the vast majority," and "make" to "make or understand," and we've learned the same lesson.

Aquitaine

I've learnt that most people don't find Women with a little bit of muscle attractive.

Yeah, I found out the hard way lol.

:(

I learned , that Polish people think you hate them, and want them out of the country, if you are voting 'No' in the Lisbon treaty referendum :(

DavyCrocket2003

Yay! It's Friday!
I've learned a lot this week. All my professors are amazing. I've learned a ton about redox reactions in chemistry. I've learned some really incredible stuff about signal transduction in biology. One is directly applicable to the debate about homosexuality. Some people are born with XY genotype that is typical of males. They produce testosterone and all, but the receptors don't work. So instead of developing a male physiology, they develop exactly like a female. This results in an effectual "man trapped in a woman's body." Very interesting. That would be a hard life.

In ethics and values (a general ed requirement at my university) I've learned a great deal about the industrialization of the food industry and the ethics related to issues like "certified organic." How can we as consumers actually promote healthy, sustainable agricultural/industrial practices if we are so mislead? Also, is a corporations only responsibility to produce profit for shareholders? Or are there other responsibilities such as social? I've learned a lot this week.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
I learned (again) that not staring at a 18 month old baby can result in them eating 'toothpaste".Even if you are standing right next to them.They "know" you arent directly staring at them and they will do **** like that.I learned that on TOP of that they get MAD at you because they want that **** out of their mouths.

Love

Dallas

whereismynotecard

Treasure Hunter
This week I learned what the difference is between right handed scissors and left-handed scissors. I thought, "why can't the left handed people just hold them the same way as the right handed people?" So I drew a circle on a piece of paper and tried to cut it out with right handed scissors only using my left hand... and that's when I learned. Having the top scissor in the wrong place compared to how you look at what you are cutting screws it all up. Now I know. And knowing is half the battle.

Neo-Logic

Reality Checker
Outside of my courses, I learned of a really yummy Korean place next to my apartment. Spicy korean pork dish with rice. yummy yummy in my tummy tummy

whereismynotecard

Treasure Hunter
I should have posted here that time when I learned that human penises don't pop out like dog penises do. My mom and sister made fun of me so much for not knowing that... I figured that since dogs are mammals, and so are humans, their penises would be the same... But they aren't...

Neo-Logic

Reality Checker
I should have posted here that time when I learned that human penises don't pop out like dog penises do. My mom and sister made fun of me so much for not knowing that... I figured that since dogs are mammals, and so are humans, their penises would be the same... But they aren't...

A whale is a mammal ...... And their, well. yea. :eek:

blackout

Violet.
This was a HUGE Xeper week for me.

My months of work in certain areas of Self Transformation
became directly and Significantly manifest in my physical world
to the point of crossing a paradigm threshold.

This week was one of Total Reality Shift.

I am not the same person I was before,
and my threshold of possibility blew itself wide open.

Other things... I have been awaiting... and willing...
also suddenly manifest, almost in direct response.

IALAC.

I cannot wait to see all the amazing things that manifest
in this season of my life.
It's going to be an EXCITING one!
And it's begun already.

I am actually happier right now than maybe I have ever been in my whole life.
It's a new kind of "happy".
It's a creative, magical kind of happy.

I think I'll copy paste this post into the Setian forum as well.
Why not?

~Vi~

Last edited:

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Never offer to arm wrestle an octopus. Never.

I'm not going to explain that statement, but if you now go out and offer to arm wrestle an octopus, then you're on your own. I can't help you anymore than I have.