• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

It's Columbus Day!

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
October 14th is Columbus Day, a federal holiday here in the USA.

Since celebrating the 1492 guy who launched the Genocide of the Americas is no longer politically correct, I have arranged for this holiday to celebrate... ME!

Such an occasion traditionally calls for lavish gifts.
So, what are you getting me?
Tom

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member

Since celebrating the 1492 guy who launched the Genocide of the Americas is no longer politically correct, I have arranged for this holiday to celebrate... ME!

Tom

I'm getting you a free copy of Fortnite.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
What does one get for a "conservative Catholic from hell"? Clearly a "liberal atheist from heaven" plaque. Enjoy.

Brickjectivity

Turned to Stone. Now I stretch daily.
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm getting you the perfect gift, a complete set of apology cards.
speedbump_2.png

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!

Tom

You're getting good advice from me. :D

Do not eat any cake that @Revoltingest offers you.

BSM1

What? Me worry?

Tom

Sooo...you think this was the Sailin' Italian's fault? And if it wasn't Columbus, then it would have been someone else that stumbled on "The New World". The results would probably been the same because, as was the style of the previous couple of thousand years or so, dominant tribes always conquered weaker tribes. This was even evident in the "Native American" world as well. Don't you think it's time to give up this false (and frankly tiresome) nobility when it comes past sins, be they real or imagined, and move on ?

Oh, and BTW, whose's namesake are you using there...

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

Tom

Are you the actual Columbus Day, or are you just a typical Columbus, Dick, and Harry?

tumblr_pgakhxFDjJ1tum2j0o1_1280.jpg

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian

Tom

My Nordic ancestors discovered North America long before Christopher Columbus. Nobody gives me any gifts on May 8th, which is International Viking Day. So then, I refuse giving anybody any gifts on Columbus Day.

07cb6bacca65e25334980f2af6d0d3e8--lanse-aux-meadows-newfoundland.jpg