• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Italian Politician Who Opposed Mandatory Chickenpox Vaccine Sickened With Chickenpox

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Yeah, gotta love the irony, although I hate to see anyone down with illness. I hope he gets better.

I wonder if they'll ever come up with a vaccine for stupidity.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
I never could understand how unvaccinated children pose a risk to vaccinated children.....isn't the vaccination supposed to stop them getting the disease? But when a vaccinated child gets the disease anyway, (not an uncommon occurrence) how are they not as contagious as anyone else?

My daughter and granddaughter both got whooping cough even though both were vaccinated. Go figure....:shrug:
How did they get it? Everyone was supposedly vaccinated.

Mothers often got their children together in the old days just so that their children would acquire these "childhood diseases" and gain immunity for life. No boosters required. No one in our experience died. It was preferable to get these diseases as children because if adults caught them it was so much worse.

Vaccinations themselves pose risks. Why is this not stressed? There is a Vaccination Compensation Scheme that has so far paid out billions of dollars in damages to kids who were adversely affected by vaccinations......some of them irreparably. The link to autism is still up for grabs as no one can prove it one way or the other that vaccinations aren't to blame, but the rates of autism (now in epidemic proportions) have risen exponentially with the rate of vaccinations.....just coincidence?

The subject of the article said he agreed with vaccination (and his own children are vaccinated) as a chosen option, not as something to be forced on people against their will. I agree with him. Its my body and I will choose what goes into it. I feel the same way about my children. No one should be able to violate their body without my permission either. Its called informed consent and its a right no one should surrender. That is opening a very dangerous door. o_O

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
I never could understand how unvaccinated children pose a risk to vaccinated children.....isn't the vaccination supposed to stop them getting the disease? But when a vaccinated child gets the disease anyway, (not an uncommon occurrence) how are they not as contagious as anyone else?

My daughter and granddaughter both got whooping cough even though both were vaccinated. Go figure....:shrug:

Mothers often got their children together in the old days just so that their children would acquire these "childhood diseases" and gain immunity for life. No boosters required. No one in our experience died. It was preferable to get these diseases as children because if adults caught them it was so much worse.

Vaccinations themselves pose risks. Why is this not stressed? There is a Vaccination Compensation Scheme that has so far paid out billions of dollars in damages to kids who were adversely affected by vaccinations......some of them irreparably. The link to autism is still up for grabs as no one can prove it one way or the other that vaccinations aren't to blame, but the rates of autism (now in epidemic proportions) have risen exponentially with the rate of vaccinations.....just coincidence?

The subject of the article said he agreed with vaccination (and his own children are vaccinated) as a chosen option, not as something to be forced on people against their will. I agree with him. Its my body and I will choose what goes into it. I feel the same way about my children. No one should be able to violate their body without my permission either. Its called informed consent and its a right no one should surrender. That is opening a very dangerous door. o_O
In a word, mutation.
Or rather random mutation.
When a disease latches onto a host, it in effect changes or mutates. This change is hard to predict because it is, well, random. Think of a disease like a sponge and the more hosts it gets the more “information” it can acquire. That make sense?
Now a vaccination is kind of like a training excercise for your immune system. However we can only cover so many strains at a time. If your vaccinated immune system encounters a strain that is not included in the vaccine, it actually won’t know what to do, because it hasn’t “trained” for that scenario (if may stretch a metaphor.)
Make sense? With me still?
So in other words, specific strains are vaccinated against but if a disease has gone through like 10 hosts for example, it might be unrecognisable to the vaccinated immune system. Slight variations of the disease might affect a vaccinated person slightly and they still might pass on the disease to someone else still. With yet another mutation under its belt. Still with me?
Meaning unvaccinated people can in effect undo the vaccination to begin with. Because they are hosts, can give the disease access to more hosts and even eventually threaten the vaccinated.
Meaning we may have to reissue entirely different vaccinations in order to try to keep up.
Think of vaccination as a giant bubble. The less holes it has over the population, the more effective it is.

As for autism, that’s always existed. But the higher rates are because we have a far more specific and sophisticated spectrum to diagnose from. In the past low functioning autistic people were most likely chucked into insane asylums because no one knew what was wrong with them.
High functioning autistic people on the other hand were probably just seen as odd or weirdos without any real understanding from the general public.
For example, many fans of Hans Christian Andersen speculate that he was most likely high functioning autistic or had Aspergers due to his biographies and recounted experiences by those who met him. He lived during the 1800s when people just died of TB or diphtheria or whatever we didn’t have vaccinations for.

Also even if vaccinations caused autism, so what? Many vaccinations are against diseases that are literally deadly or have life time potentially crippling consequences. The implications are kind of insulting to autistic people. I’d be a little cautious of saying that around people with actual autism.

Last edited:

sooda

Veteran Member

Good grief. You also oppose immunizations?

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

I think it has more to do with percentages where you have a particular percentage in group A who are vaccinated vs. the percentage in Group B who are not vaccinated.

You would have everybody in group B coming down with sickness if vaccination wasn't required.

Unvaccinated Johnny in group B gave unvaccinated Sally in group B the measles which spread to unvaccinated Clyde in group B.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
Good grief. You also oppose immunizations?

Perhaps a careful examination of the vaccine injuries that are covered by the Compensation Scheme might help with a bit of perspective here......

https://www.hrsa.gov/sites/default/...ensation/pre03202017-vaccine-injury-table.pdf

$4 Billion and Growing: U.S. Payouts for Vaccine Injuries and Deaths Keep Climbing • Children's Health Defense

Now, I don't know about you, but there is so much more to this question than meets the eye for most people, who shouldn't just ignore the warnings, but listen to both sides of this question with an open mind.

I am not condemning vaccinations per se. As long as they administered with care and not overburdening the undeveloped immune systems of the little ones on the receiving end of them, just because it is financially beneficial for the manufacturers to get as many vaccines into these children as they possibly in the shortest possible time.

"Informed choice" is not just blindly believing the propaganda put out by the gigantic corporations that manufacture the vaccines. Do you not wonder why people question these ever increasing numbers of jabs given to very small children with very immature immune systems, being given multiple viruses all at one time? What is their agenda compared to the agenda of large corporations with only their financial gain in mind?

Why sound a warning if there is no risk? What do anti-vaxxers have to gain by wanting people to educate themselves about the risks?

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
Also even if vaccinations caused autism, so what? Many vaccinations are against diseases that are literally deadly or have life time potentially crippling consequences. The implications are kind of insulting to autistic people. I’d be a little cautious of saying that around people with actual autism.

That is a very scary attitude IMO. How can you say "so what"? Do you have an autistic child? Some of my closest friends are coping with more than one child with varying degrees of the autism spectrum. The parents are exhausted and at the end of their rope. Have you personally witnessed a meltdown? Ask them about "so what"? Its like walking on eggshells around little time bombs on a hair trigger....and as the children grow, the bombs get bigger...often putting the parents lives at risk and damaging their homes. This is no small problem. It cannot be dismissed with a wave of the hand.

Why are there not tests of some sort to ascertain which children are at risk of an adverse reaction? One doctor in Sydney was sick of these children just being put on very strong medications, that in many cases just added to the nightmare. He looked at their history and figured out that many of these children were wheat and dairy intolerant which he believed made them more prone to acquire the characteristics, so he eliminated both from their diet and had incredible success, bringing many children back into a normal range of behavior.
What do doctors really know about auto-immune responses and the effects of vaccinations on kids who have the propensity to develop them?

For the first time in my life I am seeing centres purely dedicated to the treatment of autism even in my small country town. This has become unacceptable. They are jabbing away with little or no regard for those who might have very adverse outcomes. As long as the 'herd' is safe, they don't care about the lambs injured along the way.If they did, then there would be more care in the administration of these vaccines.

Just look at the evidence....not just the propaganda......that is all that is being asked.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
I think it has more to do with percentages where you have a particular percentage in group A who are vaccinated vs. the percentage in Group B who are not vaccinated.

You would have everybody in group B coming down with sickness if vaccination wasn't required.

Unvaccinated Johnny in group B gave unvaccinated Sally in group B the measles which spread to unvaccinated Clyde in group B.

Both sides of the vaccination issue needs to be researched by parents and informed choice should be at their discretion. No one should be forced to vaccinate. There is no proof that they are safe, or even effective in some cases. So much more needs to be learned about the whole thing before more kids are permanently damaged IMO.

HonestJoe

No vaccinations offer an 100% guarantee of immunity, they only significantly reduce the risk of infection. Vaccination is generally not about eliminating a condition entirely but preventing epidemic and that relies on herd immunity; having enough people vaccinated so that if one person is infected, it is prevented from spreading rapidly via multiple secondary victims. Some people can’t receive vaccinations for various medical reasons and even with the best intentions, you’ll never get 100% coverage so getting as large as possible a proportion of the population vaccinated is key to preventing greater harm.

That only works if they actually catch the disease and just like vaccination, it isn’t a 100% guarantee of immunity. It’s simply false to suggest that nobody died (or were otherwise serious impacted) as a result just because you weren’t aware of them. Just because some of the diseases in question here are more serious for adults doesn’t mean they can’t be serious for children.

The real risks are acknowledged and accounted for. There is no reason for them to be “stressed”. All medical treatment carries risks but we continue with the treatment because when risks of not doing so are higher and worse. That is the case with currently implemented vaccination programs.

There is zero evidence of any link between autism and any of the vastly different types of vaccination across different conditions, different places and different times. There is limited evidence of an increase in actual incidence of autism rather than just an increase in diagnosis. Unless any such actual evidence can be presented, there is no justification for mentioning autism in the context of vaccination, especially not in such general and casual terms. Even if a link between something in a particular vaccine was show to be a factor, that wouldn’t necessarily mean it would be relevant to any other vaccine used today. You can’t dismiss any and all vaccination out of hand on this basis.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Both sides of the vaccination issue needs to be researched by parents and informed choice should be at their discretion. No one should be forced to vaccinate. There is no proof that they are safe, or even effective in some cases. So much more needs to be learned about the whole thing before more kids are permanently damaged IMO.
There is massive evidence that they are safe. Anyone that demands "proof" for a medical claim has already lost the argument.

Meanwhile getting diseases as a baby or young child does not necessarily give immunization for life. In fact for the disease in the OP it greatly increased your risks. If one gets shingles late in one's life that person almost certainly had chickenpox as a child. The virus does not die. It lies dormant for decades. If one has chickenpox as a kid then it may be time for a shingles vaccination.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
There is massive evidence that they are safe. Anyone that demands "proof" for a medical claim has already lost the argument.

Meanwhile getting diseases as a baby or young child does not necessarily give immunization for life. In fact for the disease in the OP it greatly increased your risks. If one gets shingles late in one's life that person almost certainly had chickenpox as a child. The virus does not die. It lies dormant for decades. If one has chickenpox as a kid then it may be time for a shingles vaccination.

I have recently had shingles although i thought as i had ever had chicken pox i would be immune. Spoke to mom, it turns out at age 3 i had a single chicken pox when when every other kid in the area was down with it.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
I have had chickenpox as a child and Shingles as an adult both caused by the same virus.
Since then, I have also been vaccinated against both, as it can return.
It is a very dangerous disease and can blind you or kill, you amongst many other equally nasty results.

sooda

Veteran Member
Perhaps a careful examination of the vaccine injuries that are covered by the Compensation Scheme might help with a bit of perspective here......

https://www.hrsa.gov/sites/default/...ensation/pre03202017-vaccine-injury-table.pdf

$4 Billion and Growing: U.S. Payouts for Vaccine Injuries and Deaths Keep Climbing • Children's Health Defense

Now, I don't know about you, but there is so much more to this question than meets the eye for most people, who shouldn't just ignore the warnings, but listen to both sides of this question with an open mind.

I am not condemning vaccinations per se. As long as they administered with care and not overburdening the undeveloped immune systems of the little ones on the receiving end of them, just because it is financially beneficial for the manufacturers to get as many vaccines into these children as they possibly in the shortest possible time.

"Informed choice" is not just blindly believing the propaganda put out by the gigantic corporations that manufacture the vaccines. Do you not wonder why people question these ever increasing numbers of jabs given to very small children with very immature immune systems, being given multiple viruses all at one time? What is their agenda compared to the agenda of large corporations with only their financial gain in mind?

Why sound a warning if there is no risk? What do anti-vaxxers have to gain by wanting people to educate themselves about the risks?

Do you believe in vaccine induced autism?

I had all my kids vaccinated. and I have had every vaccination there is along with boosters over the years because I live overseas.

I think its rational to spread the vaccinations out but not to refuse them.

sooda

Veteran Member
I have had chickenpox as a child and Shingles as an adult both caused by the same virus.
Since then, I have also been vaccinated against both, as it can return.
It is a very dangerous disease and can blind you or kill, you amongst many other equally nasty results.

Shingles is a awful.. weeks or months of pain.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
Do you believe in vaccine induced autism?

I had all my kids vaccinated. and I have had every vaccination there is along with boosters over the years because I live overseas.

I think its rational to spread the vaccinations out but not to refuse them.

There is no link of any kind between Vaccinations and autism.
It is an entirely disproved assertion.