• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Italian Politician Who Opposed Mandatory Chickenpox Vaccine Sickened With Chickenpox

pearl

I never could understand how unvaccinated children pose a risk to vaccinated children

One of the most dangerous possibilities occurs in the doctors waiting room where there are infants too young to have been vaccinated.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
I never could understand how unvaccinated children pose a risk to vaccinated children.....isn't the vaccination supposed to stop them getting the disease? But when a vaccinated child gets the disease anyway, (not an uncommon occurrence) how are they not as contagious as anyone else?

My daughter and granddaughter both got whooping cough even though both were vaccinated. Go figure....:shrug:
How did they get it? Everyone was supposedly vaccinated.

Mothers often got their children together in the old days just so that their children would acquire these "childhood diseases" and gain immunity for life. No boosters required. No one in our experience died. It was preferable to get these diseases as children because if adults caught them it was so much worse.

Vaccinations themselves pose risks. Why is this not stressed? There is a Vaccination Compensation Scheme that has so far paid out billions of dollars in damages to kids who were adversely affected by vaccinations......some of them irreparably. The link to autism is still up for grabs as no one can prove it one way or the other that vaccinations aren't to blame, but the rates of autism (now in epidemic proportions) have risen exponentially with the rate of vaccinations.....just coincidence?

The subject of the article said he agreed with vaccination (and his own children are vaccinated) as a chosen option, not as something to be forced on people against their will. I agree with him. Its my body and I will choose what goes into it. I feel the same way about my children. No one should be able to violate their body without my permission either. Its called informed consent and its a right no one should surrender. That is opening a very dangerous door. o_O
The risk from vaccines is so incredibly small compared to the risks of not being vaccinated that the choice should be simple for all parents. And, to answer your first question, a main concern is the safety of children who are too young to be vaccinated. Therefore, unvaccinated children pose a great risk to them.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
was just reading an article about mothers having lost children
for refraining the vaccinations

they live a life of grief twice over

they have lost their children

and now they are buried under hate mail and threats
even as they change their stance and see the need for vaccinations

one mother laid her son down for a nap
he was singing and laughing at that moment

he was gone two hours later

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
It seems to me that when we have a divisive issue such as this, there is no voice of reason in the middle simply asking for all the facts before any more children are injured...because undeniably the fact is, some children are.
If your child was the casualty in this issue would you want more care taken? Would you want more testing done? And shouldn't the testing be done by those without vested interests? Again, what is the agenda of those who question the safety? What is their gain in this compared to the big corporations and their massive profits?

Vaccinations are supposedly given to save lives....correct? But if there is a need to compensate people for vaccine injury, then are we saying that permanent damage to a human being that impacts on the child as well as their families for the rest of their lives is preferable to death from a virus? Ask the people concerned and you will see that there are some things that are worse than death.

Not all the things that children or even adults are vaccinated for are even effective. The fluvax is a classic example of this. There are so many strains of influenza that it is impossible to keep on top of them. Both my mother and my husband became so ill after a flu injection that doctors told them both never to have another one. My mother almost died.

We have to be real about this and not close our minds because of propaganda designed to whip up emotions. The initial response to the subject of the OP demonstrated that people did not read the article cited. The man is not anti-vaccination....he is pro-choice. I take the same stance. It is my personal choice, not anything to do with me being a JW. We make our own health decisions.

There are the two extreme views in this question (as there often is with issues that stir emotions) and neither allow for the whole truth to be told. Each aside is standing there whistling Dixie with their fingers in their ears. The truth cannot exist in that situation.

All I ask is for an honest appraisal of this issue and informed consent has to include all the facts. Am I asking too much? :shrug:

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
It seems to me that when we have a divisive issue such as this, there is no voice of reason in the middle simply asking for all the facts before any more children are injured...because undeniably the fact is, some children are.
If your child was the casualty in this issue would you want more care taken? Would you want more testing done? And shouldn't the testing be done by those without vested interests? Again, what is the agenda of those who question the safety? What is their gain in this compared to the big corporations and their massive profits?

Vaccinations are supposedly given to save lives....correct? But if there is a need to compensate people for vaccine injury, then are we saying that permanent damage to a human being that impacts on the child as well as their families for the rest of their lives is preferable to death from a virus? Ask the people concerned and you will see that there are some things that are worse than death.

Not all the things that children or even adults are vaccinated for are even effective. The fluvax is a classic example of this. There are so many strains of influenza that it is impossible to keep on top of them. Both my mother and my husband became so ill after a flu injection that doctors told them both never to have another one. My mother almost died.

We have to be real about this and not close our minds because of propaganda designed to whip up emotions. The initial response to the subject of the OP demonstrated that people did not read the article cited. The man is not anti-vaccination....he is pro-choice. I take the same stance. It is my personal choice, not anything to do with me being a JW. We make our own health decisions.

There are the two extreme views in this question (as there often is with issues that stir emotions) and neither allow for the whole truth to be told. Each aside is standing there whistling Dixie with their fingers in their ears. The truth cannot exist in that situation.

All I ask is for an honest appraisal of this issue and informed consent has to include all the facts. Am I asking too much? :shrug:
Firstly sorry for not responding. I wasn’t ignoring you, I just get distracted.

So I’m curious, when thinking of the children, do you also spare a thought for the children who die of preventable diseases?
Many so called “Childhood illnesses” kill children. You know that, right?
Polio killed kids, smallpox killed kids, TB killed kids, typhoid killed kids and so on and so forth.
Problem is, vaccines did their job a little too well. Ask a child, oh hell ask a parent how many kids they saw die of a now preventable disease and they’d look at you like you had three heads. Now complacency is commonplace and people just don’t remember the horror of entire families being decimated like in the olden days.

There was a recent outbreak of measles, a highly contagious and potentially life threatening disease (at least for small children), in Sydney after it was brought into the country through international travel. Sydney eradicated the disease several years ago. You don’t eradicate diseases by wishful thinking and crying over adverse reactions. Now a preventable disease has the potential to kill children. What about them?

And you want us to discuss the allergic reactions people have had to vaccines? To not voice our concern that you are choosing to help facilitate potential epidemics by willingly becoming a potential host to a disease? Mate, seriously?

And as for old way of getting the kids together for chickenpox parties. That is wholly irresponsible and quite frankly cruel.
I mean I could forgive it in the past, sure. People didn’t know any better.
But to intentionally cause your child to suffer with the full symptoms of an illness, rather than mild or even no symptoms with a vaccine strikes me as beyond unreasonable.
Also just FYI, chickenpox is a dormant disease. Meaning once you catch it, it stays in your body forever. That’s why people who had chicken pox as kids can also contract shingles. A horribly painful disease caused by the exact same virus.
Though if you catch shingles and never had chickenpox, you will actually get chickenpox instead. I like to call Shingles, Chickenpox 2.0 the revenge!

Last edited:

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
Firstly sorry for not responding. I wasn’t ignoring you, I just get distracted.

So I’m curious, when thinking of the children, do you also spare a thought for the children who die of preventable diseases?
Many so called “Childhood illnesses” kill children. You know that, right?
Polio killed kids, smallpox killed kids, TB killed kids, typhoid killed kids and so on and so forth.
Problem is, vaccines did their job a little too well. Ask a child, oh hell ask a parent how many kids they saw die of a now preventable disease and they’d look at you like you had three heads. Now complacency is commonplace and people just don’t remember the horror of entire families being decimated like in the olden days.

There was a recent outbreak of measles, a highly contagious and potentially life threatening disease (at least for small children), in Sydney after it was brought into the country through international travel. Sydney eradicated the disease several years ago. You don’t eradicate diseases by wishful thinking and crying over adverse reactions. Now a preventable disease has the potential to kill children. What about them?

And you want us to discuss the allergic reactions people have had to vaccines? To not voice our concern that you are choosing to help facilitate potential epidemics by willingly becoming a potential host to a disease? Mate, seriously?

And as for old way of getting the kids together for chickenpox parties. That is wholly irresponsible and quite frankly cruel.
I mean I could forgive it in the past, sure. People didn’t know any better.
But to intentionally cause your child to suffer with the full symptoms of an illness, rather than mild or even no symptoms with a vaccine strikes me as beyond unreasonable.
Also just FYI, chickenpox is a dormant disease. Meaning once you catch it, it stays in your body forever. That’s why people who had chicken pox as kids can also contract shingles. A horribly painful disease caused by the exact same virus.
Though if you catch shingles and never had chickenpox, you will actually get chickenpox instead. I like to call Shingles, Chickenpox 2.0 the revenge!

Stone the crows mate.....read my post again.....you are running away with your own ideas....all I asked for was a reasonable approach.....OK?

I know several people whose vaccinated children have various presentations on the autism spectrum. I know how difficult their lives are because these kids are never the same again. Their lives are ruined and some will never live an independent life.

If vaccinations, or indeed the way they are administered (too many viruses all at once) or the additives and preservatives used in them are harmful to some children who are predisposed to react negatively to them, then shouldn't that be a reason to test them first? How is that unreasonable?

Shouldn't parents have the right to choose single, preservative free vaccines if they have concerns about those things?

No one knows for sure what causes autism, but something that children have in common all over the world is causing this epidemic.....the one thing they all have in common is vaccinations and the one body who stands to profit from them are the big pharmaceutical companies. Should these be allowed to do their own trials?

Just putting it out there.....

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
I know several people whose vaccinated children have various presentations on the autism spectrum. I know how difficult their lives are because these kids are never the same again. Their lives are ruined and some will never live an independent life.
You know there are other "types" of autism other than low functioning, right? It's a spectrum. High functioning autistic children often lead happy successful lives. One of my co workers is autistic, he's perfectly fine and capable. A little immature, maybe, but he's like 14 so eh. So the idea is bogus from the start. Why would it cause autism, when autism is a highly complex and even highly varied. How can vaccines cause that specifically?

Besides there is absolutely no concrete correlation between autism, any type and vaccinations. The only paper that claimed such a thing was so thoroughly debunked, to even mention it is to elicit laughter. The guy lost his licence by the way. Presenting lies and causing harm to children will not get you well liked in the medical community. Funny that.

If vaccinations, or indeed the way they are administered (too many viruses all at once) or the additives and preservatives used in them are harmful to some children who are predisposed to react negatively to them, then shouldn't that be a reason to test them first? How is that unreasonable?
I agree with too many at once, but you do know we already do all that, right?
Scientists constantly test vaccinations, we constantly update the schedule, we constantly tinker with vaccinations just by default. Medicine is never static, it is constantly evolving and updating itself. That's the self correcting mechanism of science. We have already removed eggs and other proteins that were seen to be causing allergic reactions in the past. The medical community doesn't just issue random vaccinations and then calls it a day. They do their jobs.

Shouldn't parents have the right to choose single, preservative free vaccines if they have concerns about those things?

Sure. For example, we have already removed thimerosal, as a safety precaution. I mean there was no concrete evidence that it caused even minuscule harm, but parents objected and so science acquiesced. :shrug:
Like what do you want? Parents don't know better than the experts and yet expect them to bow to their whims anyway. And the vast majority of the time the exasperated scientists bend over backwards to still accommodate layman uneducated concerns.

No one knows for sure what causes autism, but something that children have in common all over the world is causing this epidemic.....the one thing they all have in common is vaccinations and the one body who stands to profit from them are the big pharmaceutical companies. Should these be allowed to do their own trials?
Uhh, you live in Australia, we hand out free vaccinations last I checked.

We have studied and studied and studied and studied again and again. No one has ever been able to come up with solid evidence of even correlation, never mind causation.

Fun fact Autism has existed for far longer than any vaccine, we just didn't know what it was. We threw low functioning autistic people in circuses or mental institutions because they were "weird." The only reason it is "on the rise" is because we not only detect the signs at an earlier age due to advancements in technology, but the spectrum itself has become highly sophisticated and specific.

Hans Christian Andersen most likely had autism, he lived 100 years before vaccines were created as did Lewis Carroll who is also thought to have had autism. Albert Einstein is believed to have had Asperger's, as well as Nikola Telsa (Asperger's is also sometimes called "the Engineers disorder" due to how many people in the sector apparently have some form of it.)
Micheal Angelo, Isaac Newton, Mozart, some even argue Thomas Jefferson. In the STEM world and the artistic world especially, there are a lot of brilliant minds who exhibited signs of autism or Asperger's. Many of whom were born centuries before a vaccine was ever even thought of. Of course in their day they were simply labelled weird, aloof or anti social, due to no one actually knowing what autism was. But like most things in this world, just because we discovered it's existence at a certain time, doesn't mean it magically arrived at that specific time. We just chucked a label on it. The phenomenon existed regardless.

Last edited:

Shad

Veteran Member
I think its rational to spread the vaccinations out but not to refuse them.

I can not have shots due to allergies. So there are rational reasons to refuse a vaccination. I rather not have a life threatening condition(s) every year a new vaccination rolls out. No doctor of mine has ever recommended I risk my life for a flu shot.

sooda

Veteran Member
I can not have shots due to allergies. So there are rational reasons to refuse a vaccination. I rather not have a life threatening condition(s) every year a new vaccination rolls out. No doctor of mine has ever recommended I risk my life for a flu shot.

The flu nearly killed me in 1986.. I have had the flu shot every year since.

Shad

Veteran Member
The flu nearly killed me in 1986.. I have had the flu shot every year since.

So? I do not take shots as the risks are higher than me getting flu. I pointed out your claim that there is no rational reason to refuse is wrong.