• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

It looks like the water problem is solved on Mars.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I wonder at the developmental political and social implications of colonizing the moon, given that such development would have to be containerized. Would we grow more cooperative and altruistic knowing that one among the many could end it for everyone?

Would it lead to a more socialized population, interdependent one on the other.

I wonder what would happen if we painted the Moon to look this:

AmericanMoon.jpg

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I'm not sure if it's that easy.

giphy+%25284%2529.gif

And then there are those zero gravity toilets. I guess it's kind of a different experience when pooping in space, from what I've heard.

View attachment 87175
I prefer toilets with standard Earth gravity.
This comes at no extra charge on Revoltistanian plumbing fixtures.

Last edited:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I prefer toilets with standard Earth gravity.
This comes at no extra charge on Revoltistanian plumbing fixtures.
That raises an interesting question. On the Earth I do believe that there is a standard minimum slope for plumbing to follow.

Oh boy. That does open up another huge can of worms. Who would have thought that plumbing could get so complicated? The minimum slope depends upon pipe size. There can be a maximum slope too since one does not want the stuff going downhill to be moving too fast when it hits the sewer mains. And another thing to consider, the lines would have to be under pressure and heated since the "p traps" do not work if they dry up. They need water in them to work to block sewage gases:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
That raises an interesting question. On the Earth I do believe that there is a standard minimum slope for plumbing to follow.

Oh boy. That does open up another huge can of worms. Who would have thought that plumbing could get so complicated? The minimum slope depends upon pipe size. There can be a maximum slope too since one does not want the stuff going downhill to be moving too fast when it hits the sewer mains. And another thing to consider, the lines would have to be under pressure and heated since the "p traps" do not work if they dry up. They need water in them to work to block sewage gases:

The building codes on the Moon have yet to be established.
So there'll be a learning curve....a potentially messy one.
They'll need a janitor.
I am not volunteering!

Dan From Smithville

What we've got here is failure to communicate.
Staff member
Premium Member
The building codes on the Moon have yet to be established.
So there'll be a learning curve....a potentially messy one.
They'll need a janitor.
I am not volunteering!
I think it would have to be based on cubed units, given that I think much of life will take place below the surface.

A spacious 25000 cubic foot home in the upper east side. Great atmosphere!