• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

It is done, I think i've found it

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
So there, its out. I really do believe there is a god! after a long process of internal "war", i have come to the point that everything starts to come into place.
Given that
  • the religious world is awash with folks who think they've found it," and
  • it's hard to discern just what you wish to debate,
perhaps this thread would make more sense if posted in General Discussion: Journals.

Koldo

Outstanding Member
the one thing that really makes my mind twirl, is the fact that it is "too" obvious that out of all the Jewish knowledge strikes me with its accurate description of reality and much too often to be a "lucky shot", the Jewish texts describe many things we only today starting to realize as a human specie.

Such as... ?

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
My fellow atheists are welcome to share their thoughts (I would actually love that, i think it will make me study things in a much more down to earth way)

Cheers :)

The more one is exposed to a belief system, the more likely it becomes the reality of the person exposed. I think of it as programming the subconscious mind. Even as a skeptic, the more exposed one is to skepticism the more likely one is to embrace skepticism.

What people accept as reality is actually more malleable than most folks believe to be the case. Might as well adopt a belief system that suits you. I'd kind of like to create my own belief someday, my own God but for now, I'm too lazy.

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I've been studying the Jewish religion for some time now. I am Jewish, so no surprise I was drawn to the Jewish beliefs.
Why would you say you felt drawn to consider the existence of God? Was it just a rational puzzle that the God piece made more rational sense, or was in on a different level that than, such as existential questions of life and existence, meaning, and truth, and such?

idea

Question Everything
No definition of G-d?

So that is why I have been having such a hard time of it.

... The name that can be named is not the enduring and unchanging name... - Tao Te Ching.
Where does it state this in Jewish texts?

Segev Moran

Segev an architect once was asked if he believed In God. He said "yes but he just called it nature." We over think it, under feel it and thus can't see it. That's normal. This nature vs God thing we have going is wierd as a culture.
I don't share your view of nature vs god :)
to me it seems the only way i could understand a god was through nature :)

Segev Moran

"one thing that really makes my mind twirl, is the fact that it is "too" obvious that out of all the Jewish knowledge strikes me with its accurate description of reality and much too often to be a "lucky shot", the Jewish texts describe many things we only today starting to realize as a human specie."

Please share one's experience with the pattern :

Question that was in one's mind:

Answer from the Jews:
Is it reality? If yes, how, please?

Regards[/QUOTE]
"one thing that really makes my mind twirl, is the fact that it is "too" obvious that out of all the Jewish knowledge strikes me with its accurate description of reality and much too often to be a "lucky shot", the Jewish texts describe many things we only today starting to realize as a human specie."

Please share one's experience with the pattern :

Question that was in one's mind:
Answer from the Jews:
Is it reality? If yes, how, please?

Regards

How to live the most balanced life (in every thing)

Answer by the Jews: I only started to understand, but start with a deep self analysis :)

As i said, slowly but surely science discovers that what seemed weird at the time, seems to be in match with our reality and the direction it is going to.

Segev Moran

Why would you say you felt drawn to consider the existence of God? Was it just a rational puzzle that the God piece made more rational sense, or was in on a different level that than, such as existential questions of life and existence, meaning, and truth, and such?
It was a chain of events and decisions that lead me to have the understanding i am having now.
It was only recently that things really started to just "pop out".

It was like everything i've learned the past few months and years suddenly "combined" to make sense :)
Its kind of hard to explain, and that actually drives me nuts i have to say :) but the more i learn, the more it fits (to me of course :))

Segev Moran

The more one is exposed to a belief system, the more likely it becomes the reality of the person exposed. I think of it as programming the subconscious mind. Even as a skeptic, the more exposed one is to skepticism the more likely one is to embrace skepticism.
I disagree.
I live in a very skeptic environment :)
My family is skeptic, my work place is skeptical in way of thinking and myself is skeptical in the way of thought.
What people accept as reality is actually more malleable than most folks believe to be the case. Might as well adopt a belief system that suits you. I'd kind of like to create my own belief someday, my own God but for now, I'm too lazy.
Good luck :)

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
It feels like "Coming out", but feels right to write this.
[...]
My fellow atheists are welcome to share their thoughts (I would actually love that, i think it will make me study things in a much more down to earth way)
Good luck on your explorations; I hope you arrive at a good place, the right place for you. (But then, there's always one more question, isn't there ...)

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
It was like everything i've learned the past few months and years suddenly "combined" to make sense :)
Its kind of hard to explain, and that actually drives me nuts i have to say :) but the more i learn, the more it fits (to me of course :))
The fact it's hard to explain says something good. It means there are other parts of us besides our rationality that are getting their voices heard. The brain just has to sit back and learn a little about that first before it can have something to say about all that. ;)