• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Israel ...the land of darkness unto the nations.

MyM

And that would be? Because I really have no idea where you're from.
But in any case, I never mentioned your government (being that I have no idea which one that is). But nice deflect. Very creative.

So why did you ask why they wandered?
Oh, by the way, how many times is Jerusalem mentioned in the Quran?

I am from the States. I live in UAE.

I was aiming it at you duh.

Does it matter how many times? Is that onto something else now? lol

rosends

Why is this about me? You made a claim and I'm asking you about what you said.
You said you won't speak about your government and gave a reason - that you don't know "all the facts". Since you do speak about other governments (so far, England, Germany and Israel), one can assume that the same reason cannot apply, so you must know "all the facts."

Or you are being hypocritical. I just want to know which one it is.

MyM

Why is this about me? You made a claim and I'm asking you about what you said.
You said you won't speak about your government and gave a reason - that you don't know "all the facts". Since you do speak about other governments (so far, England, Germany and Israel), one can assume that the same reason cannot apply, so you must know "all the facts."

Or you are being hypocritical. I just want to know which one it is.

I have spoken the truth. I have friends as EYE-WITNESSES. I have said nothing that is not the truth. You can even google everything I have said and find out for yourself about the atrocities that go on. It's nothing new.

The other Jewish guy, brought up so many different things that he jumps all over the place. I brought up something, he jumps somewhere else. Now he brought up Jerusalem and how many times it's mentioned in the Quran as if it has any bearing on what we were saying. sighs

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
I am from the States. I live in UAE.
Oh, good to know. Also explains why you don't question your government. But also excellent, because I will ask again: Why has your government not given citizenship to millions of Arab "refugees"?
Does it matter how many times? Is that onto something else now? lol
It does, a little. You tried to deny Jewish claim to the land from Scripture. What's the Arab claim to the land?

rosends

I have spoken the truth. I have friends as EYE-WITNESSES. I have said nothing that is not the truth. You can even google everything I have said and find out for yourself about the atrocities that go on. It's nothing new.

The other Jewish guy, brought up so many different things that he jumps all over the place. I brought up something, he jumps somewhere else. Now he brought up Jerusalem and how many times it's mentioned in the Quran as if it has any bearing on what we were saying. sighs
And none of this answers what I asked. Thank you.

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
The other Jewish guy, brought up so many different things that he jumps all over the place. I brought up something, he jumps somewhere else. Now he brought up Jerusalem and how many times it's mentioned in the Quran as if
I have a name, you know. It's not "the other Jewish guy".
By the way, you also brought so many different things.

MyM

I have a name, you know. It's not "the other Jewish guy".
By the way, you also brought so many different things.

My bad I seriously knew it had a 13 in it but I didn't remember the full name when I was typing but I did remember you were Jewish.

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
What happens in Israel instead is that Palestinian civilians get kicked out of their property (e.g., Sheikh Jarrah), have illegal settlements built on their lands, or face excessive force from the IDF.

There is more than one form of abuse. Israel merely employs a different variety than Putin--domestically, that is. One common factor in their military operations is disproportionate use of violence.

This seems to amount to saying, "Because other countries also do wrong, Israel should be able to get away with it."

And I'm not sure why UN resolutions would bother Israel when it keeps proceeding as usual despite them. Perhaps the argument of unfair focus on Israel would hold more weight if violating the resolutions resulted in any substantial consequences for the country.

The majority of the Islamic world is by no means a desirable model of how to treat minorities, unless you consider countries like Iran and Saudi Arabia to be any kind of useful yardstick for minority rights.

Also, there are multiple incidents that clearly show that a lot of Palestinians in Israel don't really have equal rights or equal safety to Israelis.

Your response doesn't surprise me because it provides another example of why religious glorification of Israel sometimes ends up feeding into apologetics for its human rights violations. Whether Islamic or Jewish, the concept of a "holy land" or a state specifically intended for a certain religious or ethnic group, and the religious and political zeal that sometimes accompanies such a belief, strikes me as one of the biggest contributors to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.

Reality should always come before religion. Reality affects us all but one person or group's religion shouldn't.

Flankerl

I don't have to disprove anything. Look at the size of Israel.

Perhaps the Arabs should've accepted the partition plan and not attacked Israel only to lose.
Which is why Israel is bigger than in the partition plan.

Magic~

(now that I think about it, do you even know about the partition plan and why it failed)

Why should they have Israeli police for protection when they themselves are the enemies of Palestinians....that isn't justice. Maybe because they HAVE NO CHOICE.

Arab Israelis are Israeli citizens and have all the choice in the world.
You are one of those who are really invested in this conflict without knowing that there's a difference between Israeli Arabs and Arabs in the Palestinian Territories.

For some reason people like you tend to be the loudest.

No way out, no matter what you try to say, when doing wrong to a people, it's just that WRONG. You cannot justify it unless both sides start out equal, have equal measures, can supply arms from different people, yet they are ALL RESTRICTED...yet Israel can. So your fight with the Palestinians is unjustified and inhumane.

So every conflict is unjustified and inhumane if both sides aren't completely equal in fighting power.

That is incredibly stupid. By that logic some of the worst countries in history would've been morally better than their opponents.

**Mod Edit**

We know the story of the Jews, the story of Abraham, the story of Moses, the story of why they did what they did and the punishment they received. So yes, we are more in knowledge than what you are told.

Here we see the usual arrogance coming from numerous Muslims claiming to know more about Jews, Judaism and Jewish history than Jews themselves.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
Here's some governmental propaganda: https://mfa.gov.il/mfa/foreignpolicy/aid/pages/israel_humanitarian_aid.aspx
You are welcome to fact check all of this. Good luck and don't keep me posted.
Ah, gotcha. I thought you would bring up any recent refugees Israel has taken in, but it doesn't look like any such thing happened. So I take it you don't actually disagree with the assessment that Israel hasn't taken in substantial amounts of war refugees in a long while?

My mileage does vary, but then again I don't boast of moral superiority left and right.

It was directed at people who already commented on this thread. Not at the whole of RF.
If you don't see any morality in Israel's refusal to take in war refugees, then you should have made that your argument, rather than trying to attack the morality of other posters for not personally sacrificing themselves. Perhaps instead of this reflexive back and forth of accusation and defensiveness, we could have had an interesting debate on the actual points the article in the OP is raising.

MyM

Oh, good to know. Also explains why you don't question your government. But also excellent, because I will ask again: Why has your government not given citizenship to millions of Arab "refugees"?

It does, a little. You tried to deny Jewish claim to the land from Scripture. What's the Arab claim to the land?

I am not denying anything about the Jewish claim, but it's not factual that because you were there once that it is yours whenever you return. It's what the Zionists made up. Now they made new laws ...demeaning the arabs, the language and the non Jews as second class citizens. It is a very biased arrogant stand against humanity. If everyone thought how the Zionists think now, that because over 2000 years ago it is their land, then imagine what the world would be like if the Native Americans were to do the same, restoring the Arabs back to Spain, the Serbs to Kosovo and many many others. It's a load of bull. Wars happen.

The Muslims, have the al aqsa mosque. This is an extremely significant musjid in Islam.

rosends

I am not denying anything about the Jewish claim, but it's not factual that because you were there once that it is yours whenever you return. It's what the Zionists made up. Now they made new laws ...demeaning the arabs, the language and the non Jews as second class citizens. It is a very biased arrogant stand against humanity. If everyone thought how the Zionists think now, that because over 2000 years ago it is their land, then imagine what the world would be like if the Native Americans were to do the same, restoring the Arabs back to Spain, the Serbs to Kosovo and many many others. It's a load of bull. Wars happen.

The Muslims, have the al aqsa mosque. This is an extremely significant musjid in Islam.
re: language
Languages of Israel - Wikipedia

re: non-Jewish citizens of Israel
https://www.mfa.gov.il/mfa/aboutisr...ng,groups, each with distinct characteristics.

re: al aqsa, "Although Israel granted jurisdiction of the mosque and complex to an Islamic waqf – “endowment” – Israel still commands access to the grounds" from Why the Al-Aqsa Mosque has often been a site of conflict
you're welcome

re: control of Israel
I hope that all Arabs and Muslims accept your point that "Wars happen" "it's not factual that because you were there once that it is yours whenever you return"

MyM

Perhaps the Arabs should've accepted the partition plan and not attacked Israel only to lose.
Which is why Israel is bigger than in the partition plan.

Magic~

(now that I think about it, do you even know about the partition plan and why it failed)

Arab Israelis are Israeli citizens and have all the choice in the world.
You are one of those who are really invested in this conflict without knowing that there's a difference between Israeli Arabs and Arabs in the Palestinian Territories.

For some reason people like you tend to be the loudest.

So every conflict is unjustified and inhumane if both sides aren't completely equal in fighting power.

That is incredibly stupid. By that logic some of the worst countries in history would've been morally better than their opponents.

Here we see the usual arrogance coming from numerous Muslims claiming to know more about Jews, Judaism and Jewish history than Jews themselves.

I meant one is being supplied and one is not (weapons)

You claim it is false but that's you and many Muslims compared to the ratio of Jews, well they say otherwise.

Yes, I like to be loud if injustices are being done. I am for the underdog. I am for those who are suffering.

Arab Israelis are now considered 2nd class citizens compared to the "Jews" who speak Hebrew. If you don't speak Hebrew, you are discriminated against. That is the new law I believe since 2018.

People speak about how fair Israel is, but in reality, it is getting more and more discriminating --against people even if they are in the same religion but speak differently.

This is unfair to the Palestinians and what Israel offers, is not a legitimate side to things. I don't blame them for fighting back...or for trying to stay alilve!

Last edited by a moderator:

Flankerl

I meant one is being supplied and one is not (weapons)

Palestinian terrorist groups are literally armed by Iran.
Where else do you think their rockets come from?

You claim it is false but that's you and many Muslims compared to the ratio of Jews, well they say otherwise.

Could I have that again with some sort of sentence reconstruction?
I have no idea what you are trying to say.

Yes, I like to be loud if injustices are being done. I am for the underdog. I am for those who are suffering.

Of course you are. Which is why you are so vocal about all the other conflicts in the world.

Arab Israelis are now considered 2nd class citizens compared to the "Jews" who speak Hebrew. If you don't speak Hebrew, you are discriminated against. That is the new law I believe since 2018.

Nah you are wrong.

People speak about how fair Israel is, but in reality, it is getting more and more discriminating --against people even if they are in the same religion but speak differently.

Oh a new claim, now Israel is discriminating also against Jews?

This is unfair to the Palestinians and what Israel offers, is not a legitimate side to things. I don't blame them for fighting back...or for trying to stay alilve!

As if you even know what Israel has offered in the past.