• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Isn’t idolatry (associating partners with G-d) gross injustice?

The Emperor of Mankind

Currently the galaxy's spookiest paraplegic

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
The logic you're using is flawed, the Bible teaches there was a council of Elohim, created by the Most High (EL)....

So when the Quran tries to claim it was pure monotheism followed by the Patriarchs, that is wrong to begin with.

Next Yeshua is an Elohim, who was physically made manifest on earth; therefore the Quran claiming he wasn't divine or an angel incarnated is just wrong.

Next idolatry isn't to make partners with God; by its definition it is to worship physical objects in anyway; like circling and bowing to the Kaaba is idolatry to most people.

What is gross injustice is the hypocrisy of some who practice idolatry, by saying 'you have to believe in Muhammad', and then accusing others of it. :innocent:

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
No. What you are stating is ultimate dualism. Monism is everywhere too, and there are lots of absolute monists, beleiving that absolutely everything is God, or God's extension of Himself.

Sleeppy

Fatalist. Christian. Pacifist.
But we perceive injustice, perceiving ourselves as associates with God- and thereby divide creation into a duality, and a worship of self-righteousness.

Jedster

Yes, it is. Please
Regards

_________
The thread was conceptualized from the following post:
#20 sovietchild
#111paarsurrey

#175 LuisDantas
#177 paarsurrey
One may like to read them, if one pleases.

Absolutely not.
Idols are great and provide a way for people to express their devotion to God/life/existance.
I could never believe that God would not 'enjoy' the love of people however they related to it.

It is only people who put the words of old books above a real living experience that even think that.

David1967

Premium Member
No; he's telling us that his religion is right and others are wrong, as can be seen in the fact that he answered his own question.

I keep thinking your pic is an eagle, but it never is. This doesn't stop me from thinking it is an eagle every time i see it out of the corner of my eye.

Is it a gross injustice to associate eagles with your picture of scrolls?

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
I keep thinking your pic is an eagle, but it never is. This doesn't stop me from thinking it is an eagle every time i see it out of the corner of my eye.

Is it a gross injustice to associate eagles with your picture of scrolls?
I don't think so! Someone else thought it was a Muslimah in salat :D