• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Islamophobia Comics

Sara Thinks

14993571_1604179679891920_569550137451443986_n.jpg

Notanumber

A Free Man
Edited to be more on topic.

I have just done a search on this threads title and it seems to be a new propaganda method to try to justify the word ‘Islamophobia’.

I have deleted my previous post because this section of the forum is not the place for a discussion about that.

Last edited:

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
The OP's video is indeed informative and welcome.

I don't find it all that complete or convincing, but fair is fair.

It is too bad that ultimately it gives little reason for reassurance.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
I got to 2:39 before I shut the video off. It is too poorly produced to warrant further examination. Nice try though.

Frankly, I don't know how the creators of the video thought it was worthy of general release. It's terrible. Back to the drawing board.

Sara Thinks

I got to 2:39 before I shut the video off. It is too poorly produced to warrant further examination. Nice try though.

Frankly, I don't know how the creators of the video thought it was worthy of general release. It's terrible. Back to the drawing board.
Well, that's your opinion, and you happened to be only one out of the 20k [yes 20,500 viewers] who didn't appreciate the creativity of the video makers. They had their right to free speech, freedom to practice faith! Facing the scrutiny, discrimination for following Islam, and the hatred and lies that media, Islamophobe have been passing around, they simply used creativity to make a video that remove the misconceptions of others about Islam, to bring unity and global friendship between Muslims and Non Muslims.
BUT YOU HAD TO BE ONE OF THOSE RICH LONERS, who can't appreciate other people's handwork.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Well, that's your opinion, and you happened to be only one out of the 20k [yes 20,500 viewers] who didn't appreciate the creativity of the video makers. They had their right to free speech, freedom to practice faith! Facing the scrutiny, discrimination for following Islam, and the hatred and lies that media, Islamophobe have been passing around, they simply used creativity to make a video that remove the misconceptions of others about Islam, to bring unity and global friendship between Muslims and Non Muslims.
BUT YOU HAD TO BE ONE OF THOSE RICH LONERS, who can't appreciate other people's handwork.
Excuse me, but did you notice that the whole point of the video is that Muslims entitle themselves to decide that "Mushrikin" (polytheists, according to the video itself at 6m33 and many other sources) are not to be trusted, will be punished by God as "disbelievers", and should be presumed unworthy of basic respect?

Go to about 4m59 to see the beginning of an effective claim that God behaves as a particularly bully-like Capo of the Mafia. Then at about 6m54 comes a fairly typical victimization, a variation of "Muslims had to be aggressive because they were oppressed unfairly".

Apparently we are expected to take that claim at face value. As we so often did in the centuries since, as Muslims very consistently find reasons for being aggressive while claiming to be peace-lovers.

Sara Thinks

1elk21
ONE OF THE MOST MISUNDERSTOOD TOPICS OF ISLAM! GET YOUR FACTS CHECKED AND PLEASE FIND OUT THE TRUE MEANING OF EACH TOPIC!
Are Non Muslims Forced to give Jizya?
Wherever Muslims go, They INVADE THE LAND?
Is Islam all about SLAVERY & WAR CAPTIVES?
JIHAD is TERRORISM?
Are SHAHEEDS Terrorists?
Who are Kaffirs? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EatS0zDm7I
Do Muslims WORSHIP KAABA? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKj0lXM_cNY
Are Muslims deceivers? They show kindness, peace outwardly to Non Muslims but has hatred and enmity in their heart in reality! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=797WDh767Kg
Share, like and pass it around among your Muslim and Non-Muslim Friends, colleagues, family, etc

Sara Thinks

Excuse me, but did you notice that the whole point of the video is that Muslims entitle themselves to decide that "Mushrikin" (polytheists, according to the video itself at 6m33 and many other sources) are not to be trusted, will be punished by God as "disbelievers", and should be presumed unworthy of basic respect?

Go to about 4m59 to see the beginning of an effective claim that God behaves as a particularly bully-like Capo of the Mafia. Then at about 6m54 comes a fairly typical victimization, a variation of "Muslims had to be aggressive because they were oppressed unfairly".

Apparently we are expected to take that claim at face value. As we so often did in the centuries since, as Muslims very consistently find reasons for being aggressive while claiming to be peace-lovers.

I have to ask, did you concentrate when you watched the video? were you open minded? You missed several points of the video, important point: It mention the verse applied to the Mushrikun (MEANING PAGAN, POLYTHEIST) OF MECCA DURING THE TIME OF PROPHET MUHAMMAD!! It doesn't say all Mushrikun (polythiest) of all time are evil. Only during that era, those specific meccan polytheist were boycotting Muslims, oppressing them, killing them; these were the one Muslims were commanded to fight during that time!

You watched the video and made the very same arguments which the video refuted! lol!
I don't see what is wrong to be aggressive towards people who oppress you!! Will you show humility to people who oppress you, drive you out of your homes, torture your family and submit to there oppression OR WILL YOU FIGHT BACK LIKE A BRAVE AND JUST PERSON?

WHY DID YOU MISS THE PART WHERE IT SPEAKS ABOUT NOT TO FIGHT THOSE MUSHRIKUN WHO ARE PEACEFUL AND DOESN'T OPPRESS MUSLIMS?

Kirran

Premium Member
Certainly, it's true that those people trying to claim all Muslims are terrorists and violent are being ridiculous, and their rhetoric is pretty damaging. There are other issues which are in the mainstream which are more problematic in reality. For example, the Muslim character in the first video (with the robotic voices) had a couple of kids. What happens if Ali comes home ten years later on with a nice young man and says 'We love each other and want to get married'? What is her response to that? There is a more genuine problem. Another: what if the daughter (Aisha, I think) comes home with a pleasant Jewish/irreligious/Christian/Bahai/Buddhist/Hindu/Rastafarian chap with a similar declaration?

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Well, that's your opinion, and you happened to be only one out of the 20k [yes 20,500 viewers] who didn't appreciate the creativity of the video makers.
I rather doubt that. You are conveniently ignoring those who looked at the video and were quite unimpressed but took it no further. I'm actually trying to be helpful. Amateurish pieces like this do not help your cause. If you think they do then you really need to take a step back and ask a group of non-Muslims what they think.

They had their right to free speech, freedom to practice faith!
I never said or implied they did not. Their effort is just barely worth mention. I've seen a lot of very well produced videos made by Muslims and know the effort could have been much, much better.

Facing the scrutiny, discrimination for following Islam, and the hatred and lies that media, Islamophobe have been passing around, they simply used creativity to make a video that remove the misconceptions of others about Islam, to bring unity and global friendship between Muslims and Non Muslims.
I commend them for their effort however dismal the result was. The thing is that, as highlighted by @LuisDantas there are topics in Islam that are things to be very concerned about. Your religion, for example, is prone to fanaticism. That is an unfortunate truth that Muslims are eventually going to have to deal with.

Oh, listen to yourself! I am a creative person myself and am certainly in a position to point out the lacks in the works of others. Just admit it. The video is quite poor, and its amateurish quality directly affects the message it is so desperately trying to convey. It is, in effect, working against itself.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
I have to ask, did you concentrate when you watched the video? were you open minded? You missed several points of the video, important point: It mention the verse applied to the Mushrikun (MEANING PAGAN, POLYTHEIST) OF MECCA DURING THE TIME OF PROPHET MUHAMMAD!! It doesn't say all Mushrikun (polythiest) of all time are evil. Only during that era, those specific meccan polytheist were boycotting Muslims, oppressing them, killing them; these were the one Muslims were commanded to fight during that time!

You watched the video and made the very same arguments which the video refuted! lol!
I don't see what is wrong to be aggressive towards people who oppress you!! Will you show humility to people who oppress you, drive you out of your homes, torture your family and submit to there oppression OR WILL YOU FIGHT BACK LIKE A BRAVE AND JUST PERSON?

WHY DID YOU MISS THE PART WHERE IT SPEAKS ABOUT NOT TO FIGHT THOSE MUSHRIKUN WHO ARE PEACEFUL AND DOESN'T OPPRESS MUSLIMS?
Heaven forbid the Muslims of the era simply did a bit of soul-searching and attempted to understand why they were being oppressed and reacted peacefully towards their oppressors. Why is it that Muslims are so quick to play the victim card?

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
I have to ask, did you concentrate when you watched the video?

Tell me what it is like to "concentrate". Is there some focus to be concentrated on?

were you open minded?

Clearly yes. Enough so to recognize the telltale signs of a jaundiced account and unwarranted victimization.

Just so that you know, I am also well aware of the strong tendency of Muslims to assume that anyone who stands unconvinced of the truth of Islam is "not being open minded", or does not have "pure purposes".

That card does not work with me.

You missed several points of the video, important point: It mention the verse applied to the Mushrikun (MEANING PAGAN, POLYTHEIST) OF MECCA DURING THE TIME OF PROPHET MUHAMMAD!!

Wrong. I very much noticed it. It is eerie how pure a confession of wickedness it is. Just as eerie is how little that disturbs you.

It doesn't say all Mushrikun (polythiest) of all time are evil. Only during that era, those specific meccan polytheist were boycotting Muslims, oppressing them, killing them; these were the one Muslims were commanded to fight during that time!

Fighting "only" when it is perceived as convenient is no concession to peace whatsoever.

And a narrative that ultimately boils down - after the fact, no less - to "we had to kill them because they were oppressors" is rather unconvincing, particularly given how martial the whole context is, right down to the element of appealing to fear of God as a recurrent spur for ... belief in God, of all things!

Attempted to refute. I admire its honesty in presenting the arguments. It did not lie about what is in the Qur'an. And in no small measure for that reason, the attempt failed quite plainly.

Unfortunately for us all, the Qur'an is both popular and not really very good far as religious scripture goes.

I don't see what is wrong to be aggressive towards people who oppress you!!

My point exactly. Everyone feel entitled to oppose others, and there is no merit whatsoever in deciding that one is in the right "because God says so".

Will you show humility to people who oppress you, drive you out of your homes, torture your family and submit to there oppression OR WILL YOU FIGHT BACK LIKE A BRAVE AND JUST PERSON?
I guess I will have to go through that circunstance in order to know.

I will however assure you here and now that I will not claim divine permission to be oppressive.

Why do you think I did? Just because I find it hypocritical does not mean that I failed to notice it.