• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Isaac Newton's Views on Religion

danieldemol

Premium Member
The question would seemingly be firstly whether He wrote the laws freely? Could he have written them other than He did? Did He have freedom to write, create, laws, according to the councils of His own will?

John
Well they would be great questions to ask Eeinstein about his views. Fortunately for me I don't accept the beliefs of Newton or Einstein about God unreservedly so they would not be questions relevant to my beliefs.

In my opinion.

firedragon

Veteran Member
So far I have not said anything about modern day theologians except for acknowledging that some modern theologians hold outdated views of the Bible.

That being said I consider such theologians as acknowledge the partially-historical nature of the Bible to be more up to date with respect to that topic than those who consider the Bible to be completely historical.

In my opinion.

Thats not relevant. In my opinion.

danieldemol

Premium Member
Thats not relevant. In my opinion.
Its relevant because from the statements made in the OP Newton appears to be in the former category of those who consider the Bible completely historical and thus having an opinion which is not up to date with modern knowledge (a shorter way of saying this is that his view is outdated).

In my opinion.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
What our first human holy father taught me.

When earths spatial zero empty ground plane filled up with gases and water then spirit was contacted in the eternal by the heavenly vibration.

||Heavens body next to eternal body.

Space owning the separation from.

He manifested as an eternal spirit transformed into human. Lived died.

Communicates as the eternal being direct to his father human lived recording in heavens cause....so can speak to us.

firedragon

Veteran Member
Its relevant because from the statements made in the OP Newton appears to be in the former category of those who consider the Bible completely historical and thus having an opinion which is not up to date with modern knowledge (a shorter way of saying this is that his view is outdated).

In my opinion.

Well, in that case you need to update yourself a little.

In my opinion.

firedragon

Veteran Member
about what exactly?

1. Do you believe that Isaac Newton was outdated in comparison to modern day theologians?
2. Why do you think so? What was Newtons theological views? Why are they outdated?
2. What did Newton say about the Old Testament?

in my opinion.

danieldemol

Premium Member
1. Do you believe that Isaac Newton was outdated in comparison to modern day theologians?
2. Why do you think so? What was Newtons theological views? Why are they outdated?
2. What did Newton say about the Old Testament?

in my opinion.
All of these are questions, not advice on what I need to be updated on.

In my opinion

danieldemol

Premium Member
Update on information asked in those questions.

In my opinion.
All of those questions except for number 3 which is partially answered in the OP are asking me about my opinions, so how do you expect me to get updated since I know full well my answers to those questions?

To get me updated you would need to a)provide your own opinions on these questions, b)demonstrate that your own opinions are more correct than my opinions.

So far you haven't even demonstrated that you understand my opinions nor demonstrated that your own opinions are more correct.

In my opinion.

firedragon

Veteran Member
All of those questions except for number 3 which is partially answered in the OP are asking me about my opinions, so how do you expect me to get updated since I know full well my answers to those questions?

So you give opinions with no knowledge in any of those? Thats not my opinion, its a question.

danieldemol

Premium Member
So you give opinions with no knowledge in any of those? Thats not my opinion, its a question.
Nope, I have the knowledge that was written in the OP, and formed an opinion of no3 off that. As for 1. and 2. they were questions about *my opinions*, of course I have knowledge of what my opinions are better than you do.

In my opinion