• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Yahweh a narcissist?

Is Yahweh a narcissist?

• Yes

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • No

Votes: 8 53.3%

• Total voters

Spiderman

Veteran Member
How do you know God did that, and that wasn't how people interpreted natural disasters and tragedies back then? Today, there are some religious zealots who mistakenly say those things though ''God made that hurricane happen because of ...'' So, the OT seemed like people thought things about God that weren't necessarily objective. It seemed like it was their observations of how to explain things they didn't understand. The NT, Jesus steps in, and he represented something very different, don't you think?
Yes, the God of the New Testament is way different. I hope you are right about the OT claims being falsehood and misunderstandings

Deidre

Yes, the God of the New Testament is way different. I hope you are right about the OT claims being falsehood and misunderstandings

I just compare it to today. We still have natural disasters, floods, hurricanes, earthquakes, etc...hardly any religious people claim ''God did it.'' We don't think God was responsible for the Holocaust, do we? These seem like ancient methods of making sense of things that they couldn't make sense of. Mankind always has a need to make sense of everything. But, there is a lot of good in the Bible, even the OT, because it still illustrates the times back then, that led to Jesus. Jesus quotes the OT, so it's interesting. I'm reading the Bible again, and coming away with new insights, and I happen to think that Jesus was a real person. I think that if you believe he was real, then unfortunately, the OT is part of ''his story.'' However, you don't need to understand every word of it, I just think it's interesting to read how people lived back then.

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
I love Yahweh, I just find he makes poor choices, is a mass murderer, a Dictator, is extremely obsessed with himself, and extremely jealous when people turn to another Deity.

Aren't you inviting the "wrath of God" by posting such threads?

:)

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I just compare it to today. We still have natural disasters, floods, hurricanes, earthquakes, etc...hardly any religious people claim ''God did it.'' We don't think God was responsible for the Holocaust, do we? These seem like ancient methods of making sense of things that they couldn't make sense of. Mankind always has a need to make sense of everything. But, there is a lot of good in the Bible, even the OT, because it still illustrates the times back then, that led to Jesus. Jesus quotes the OT, so it's interesting. I'm reading the Bible again, and coming away with new insights, and I happen to think that Jesus was a real person. I think that if you believe he was real, then unfortunately, the OT is part of ''his story.'' However, you don't need to understand every word of it, I just think it's interesting to read how people lived back then.
That's great that you're reading the Bible again and seeing good even in the OT. I hope and pray that you find God and the truth. I'm delighted to hear that you are reading Scripture and seeking truth and a righteous path through eclecticism :)

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Aren't you inviting the "wrath of God" by posting such threads?

:)
I'm happy to know God is reading them because I believe that God can reason and change his mind. My grievances against God are when he does what goes against my conscience! He understands.

God has changed a lot and come a long way. Moses didn't always agree with God and sometimes got God to change his mind. It's good to disagree with God when he is being irrational, cruel, and intolerant!

Spiderman

Veteran Member
No.

Your nowhere near it. You don't qoute the bible accurately enough to be the anti-christ.:p

Your just a low level troll. And thats ok. :D
If pointing out what God does that goes against my conscience is trolling, then so be it... I didn't think it is trolling, just pointing out my grievances against bigotry, intolerance, condemnation, murder, violence, and genocide

Enoch07

It's all a sick freaking joke.
Premium Member
If pointing out what God does that goes against my conscience is trolling, then so be it... I didn't think it is trolling, just pointing out my grievances against bigotry, intolerance, condemnation, murder, violence, and genocide

What you do with your time is your business. :D

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I actually wasn't trying to offend anyone, just pointing out something in Scripture I find sick and wrong.

It's okay to disagree with God. Moses disagreed with God and it saved a nation from destruction. It says "God repented of the evil he planned to do to them."

Enoch07

It's all a sick freaking joke.
Premium Member
I think your reading comprehension is lacking. Questioning or criticizing a deity is not trolling.

I could say the same of your reading comprehension. I never said his criticism was the trolling. Its the reactions he wants to get from people. That is the trolling.

But anyways he is not questioning anything.

In his own words he is pointing out his grievances. Which is fine, I am not saying what he should or should not do. I just happen to call it out, for what it is. Which is trolling for the lulz. :D

Saint Frankenstein

Gone
Premium Member
I could say the same of your reading comprehension. I never said his criticism was the trolling. Its the reactions he wants to get from people. That is the trolling.

But anyways he is not questioning anything.

In his own words he is pointing out his grievances. Which is fine, I am not saying what he should or should not do. I just happen to call it out, for what it is. Which is trolling for the lulz. :D
Oh, so you're a mind reader now? You can read his mind to know what responses he wants?