• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Yahweh a narcissist?

Is Yahweh a narcissist?

• Yes

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • No

Votes: 8 53.3%

• Total voters

Enoch07

It's all a sick freaking joke.
Premium Member
I actually wasn't trying to offend anyone, just pointing out something in Scripture I find sick and wrong.

It's okay to disagree with God. Moses disagreed with God and it saved a nation from destruction. It says "God repented of the evil he planned to do to them."

You are allowed to criticize. Just so we are clear. :D

Spiderman

Veteran Member
You are allowed to criticize. Just so we are clear. :D
I'm open to learning... I've learned a lot at RF especially through being corrected. Unlike most people, I admit when I'm wrong. If I can see where my errors are.

I don't see my grievances against God as being wrong. He simply does what my conscience tells me is wrong! Maybe I'll grow in understanding, repent, and change my ways, but for now I'm just pointing out what goes against my conscience and my distaste for Abrahamic monotheism.

Enoch07

Premium Member
I'm open to learning... I've learned a lot at RF especially through being corrected. Unlike most people, I admit when I'm wrong. If I can see where my errors are.

I don't see my grievances against God as being wrong. He simply does what my conscience tells me is wrong! Maybe I'll grow in understanding, repent, and change my ways, but for now I'm just pointing out what goes against my conscience and my distaste for Abrahamic monotheism.

Understandable.

The reason I can see you clearly. Is because I was once you. Never here on RF. This is back in my athiest days. In the Mid 90's till early 2000's right when desktops computers became affordable even for poor people.

Man I used to troll the heck out of those uptight Christians. I had a lot of fun in those days. Trolling the christian chat rooms haha! I was a nuisance!

I guess you could say I am a repented OG dialup troll myself. So criticise, get a chuckle even. But keep that open mindess. Even if you never convert.

Enoch07

Premium Member
Will do... I hope Christianity brings you the happiness you seek.

Just don't let it make you self-righteous and judgemental.

Thank you.

It is a challenge that I and every Christian faces everyday. I will admit I have fallen vicitim to it myself several times. But I try to be vigliant and keep it under wraps.

Good Luck young man, i hope you find happiness in whatever form suits you best!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
I'm happy to know God is reading them because I believe that God can reason and change his mind. My grievances against God are when he does what goes against my conscience! He understands.

God has changed a lot and come a long way. Moses didn't always agree with God and sometimes got God to change his mind. It's good to disagree with God when he is being irrational, cruel, and intolerant!

I never knew a God could/would change his mind ... interesting ...

Cheers.

soulsurvivor

Premium Member
I love Yahweh, I just find he makes poor choices, is a mass murderer, a Dictator, is extremely obsessed with himself, and extremely jealous when people turn to another Deity.

How could you argue he isn't narcissistic?...he destroys people and damns them to hell for not worshipping him. That sounds narcissistic to the core!
Yahweh is a tribal God of the Hebrew people of the ancient biblical times. We should not confuse him with the Father described by Jesus. The two are totally different persons.

The Father is a universal God for all humanity. Yahweh is a tribal God who we don't need to have anything to do with.

Profound Realization

I love Yahweh, I just find he makes poor choices, is a mass murderer, a Dictator, is extremely obsessed with himself, and extremely jealous when people turn to another Deity.

How could you argue he isn't narcissistic?...he destroys people and damns them to hell for not worshipping him. That sounds narcissistic to the core!

This is where the excuses and justification always come into play trying to counter that "Yahweh" is not such a thing or the excuse that "we dont understand the reason why."

I perceive it's due to the dire need/belief that a book (when taken literally) is the idolized "Word of God" and that there is no way "God" may or could be anything other than what a book states in its literal context.

As you likely agree, it's not possible to make an argument for anything other than a strong, egotistical, needy, narcissistic "Yahweh" if the context is taken literal.