• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Trinity in the Bible?

wmam

And I quote..........

" CHURCH "
This is the word used in most English versions as a rendering of the Greek "ekklesia." The Greek word means "a calling out," "a meeting," or "a gathering." Ekklesia is the Greek equivalent of the Hebrew qahal, which means an assembly or a congregation.
The origin of the word "church" is kuriakon or kyriakon in Greek. The meaning is a building (the house of Kurios, or Lord).

Dictionaries give the origin of "church" as the Anglo-Saxon root, circe. Circe was the goddess-daughter of Helios, the sun-deity. The word circe is related to "circus," "circle," "circuit," and "circulate."

Circe was originally a Greek goddess whose name was written and pronounced as Kirke. The word "church" is known in Scotland as kirk, in Germany as Kirche, and in Netherlands as kerk.

End of quote..........

wmam

Yasin said:
Truly your concept of God is Islamic, what is your Religion?
Respectively, Yasin:bounce
The Truth is not islamic nor christian nor anything other than the Truth. If you have to pin me down to some sort of title then the closest thing that I could say is that we are of a Hebraic Assembly. We do not observe paganisms. Where the Truth is concerned we observe only the Truth. Period. We do not try to manipulate the Truth in any way. It is as it is. From the Hebrew. Not the Greek or the English but the Hebrew. islam nor christianity nor any other belief brings anything new to the table. It is and already was the Truth in the beginning as it is today. Not trying to offend or be mean here.

Then again this is just the way we look at it.............

Y'all are free to do what ever until the nations are brought under judgment. ;)

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
jgallandt said:
LOL. Once again, if someone wants to use the word trinity to help them understand, more power to them. Just because the Bible does not use that exact word, does not mean it is wrong to use it. To each their own. :D
Hi, Jeff.

It's not the word "Trinity" that I object to. It's the origin and meaning of the word. Not only is the word "Trinity" not found in the Bible, the concept of three divine beings co-existing in a single, invisible substance is not found in the Bible either. First century Christians did not hold to this concept. If anyone out there disagrees, I would challenge you to provide evidence to support your opinion.

Kathryn

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
It all depends on how you interpret the Bible, Kat. I believe they are all the same. The beginning of the Gospel of John. To me, that says that God and Jesus are one in the same.

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
In the beginning was the Word. and the Word was with God and the Word was God. He was with God....

Popeyesays

jgallandt said:
In the beginning was the Word. and the Word was with God and the Word was God. He was with God....
In the beginning WAS the Word and God SPOKE the Word. That was the beginning of Creation. God was BEFORE Creation.

Please understand that the Gospel of John was not written in English, it was written in Greek and in Greek the word used is "Logos". This means "word" sometimes. It also means 'reason', 'logic', 'rational thought'. All 'reason', logic, rational thought, speech, was with GOD at the moment of Creation. After Creation substance was created. Flesh is substance. The reason for creation is man, and the reason for man to exist is that he come to know and worship God. Christ was here to teach man what God is, but Christ was not "GOD".

Regards,
Scott

sushannah

The word trinity, or the concept of trinity are not in the bible. This is why 1st century Christians did not believe in it. They scriptures that they had, that told them how to live and believe was the tanakh. In the torah G-d tells us everything about how to live and act toward one another. If belief in a trinity were essential, it would have been there. Instead, what is there is that G-d alone is one G-d. Thats pretty clear to me.

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
Like I said, people will interpret the Bible different ways. I still believe the word was Jesus. There would be no logic in calling logic 'he' :)

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
jgallandt said:
Yes, Jesus was God and He was with God (His Father) in the beginning. He created our universe under His Father's direction. But do you believe He was His own Father and His own Son?

Did He send Himself to do His will? Do you believe He prayed to Himself while on earth? Do you believe that He asked Himself to forgive those individuals who were responsible for His crucifixion, that He forsook Himself while hanging on the cross, or commended Himself into His own hands. When He ascended into Heaven, did He go there to sit on His own right hand? The Father and the Son are most definitely "one," but the issue is in what way they are "one."

Tek

i think it is a non-debateable thing you cant make the othere side believe you and vice-versa. for that is the balance.

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
Well, Kat, at least we are close on this one! LOL. The relationship between God and Jesus is hard for us to grasp. And I don't worry myself about it to much. If he had truely thought that it was a must for us to understand, he'd have made us smarter! :jester5:

Tek

so one body represents God the Father another God the Son and anothere God the Holy Spirit. all one but not

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
jgallandt said:
Well, Kat, at least we are close on this one! LOL. The relationship between God and Jesus is hard for up to grasp. And I don't worry myself about it to much. If he had truely thought that it was a must for us to understand, he'd have made up smarter! :jester5:
Jeff,

Well, it's not my intention to be presumptuous, but I honestly don't find the relationship between Jesus Christ and His Father to be at all hard to grasp. I believe that they have a true father-son relationship. I believe that the Father sent the Son to earth, while He remained in His holy heavenly domain. I believe that they are "one" (i.e. united) in mind and heart, in will and in purpose. Their "oneness" is perfect and absolute, and it's beyond any sort of unity we as mortals have ever experienced, but it is purely spiritual in nature. It is not a physical unity, and there is not one single solitary verse in the Bible that implies that it is. There are, however, dozens of verses that only make sense if the unity between the Father and the Son is recognized to be something other than physical. I can quote these verses till people beg me to stop. There is no doubt in my mind but that the doctrine of the Trinity came to be as a result of a council convened by a pagan emporer with a political agenda. I don't believe for one minute that it was inspired of God. While I respect the opinions of those who believe otherwise, this is pretty much my "pet topic" and I'll debate my position to the very end.

Kathryn

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
jgallandt said:
Victor? Victor? Where are you, Victor? :D
Jeff,

Listen to me... You're a big boy. You don't need Victor. ;) Besides, I can out-argue Victor on this just as well as I can out-argue you! :D

Kathryn

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
Kat, I respect your views, but I know what I feel in my heart. We can debate this til the cows come home, and it won't change my mind.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
jgallandt said:
Kat, I respect your views, but I know what I feel in my heart. We can debate this til the cows come home, and it won't change my mind.
Jeff, God bless! :162:

wmam

Katzpur said:
There is no doubt in my mind but that the doctrine of the Trinity came to be as a result of a council convened by a pagan emporer with a political agenda. I don't believe for one minute that it was inspired of God.
This, we somewhat agree with. Paganism has reached far into what is called christianity and has corrupted it. As far as it being the True Way, it isn't. YAH is one, as is written.

Super Universe

Defender of God
This should help you understand the trinity, the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.

In the begining the Creator (Father) was alone in the void. God imagined a wonderful dream where things grew and prospered and created for themselves the lives they wanted. Now these things did not exist yet for there was nothing in the void to make them come true. It was only a dream.

The Prime Creator then created a copy of Himself, the First Son (Son), and placed Him in charge of what was to become. The First Son is responsible for ensuring the universe follows the Prime Creators original intent for the universe, choice of the beings within. All of this is for you.

Now the most incredible thing happened. The Prime Creator sacrificed His form to create all that is. All the matter that is the universe was instantly released into the void. Everything that you can see and feel is God. You are made from God. This should seem familiar to you already. Does it not sound similar to what Jesus did?

After the Prime Creator sacrificed His form only His Eternal Soul now remains (The Holy Ghost).