• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Tommy Robinson the bravest man in the UK?

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Yet he was tried and convicted for reporting (and molesting the child molesters).

You could not make it up!

So he can gladly produce his press accreditation?

The nature of his crime is not in question,the fact is he broke the law. This is proven, yet you still refuse to admit it.

Notanumber

A Free Man
So he can gladly produce his press accreditation?

The nature of his crime is not in question,the fact is he broke the law. This is proven, yet you still refuse to admit it.

In all the court cases in all the world, has anyone else been convicted on the same charges?

Altfish

Veteran Member
How long did it take the authorities to do anything regarding helping those thousands of rape victims?

You have far more misplaced optimism about the establishment than Joe public has. They have taken note of the state of play.
So, if the authorities don't act fast enough; when a judge is eventually heading a trial; it is ok to broadcast a commentary against the judges instructions?

Altfish

Veteran Member
In all the court cases in all the world, has anyone else been convicted on the same charges?
The charge is Contempt of Court ...
So yes, I remember a Salford Uni Professor being found guilty about 4 or 5 years ago.
The Mail and the Mirror were found guilty
It is not uncommon for jurors to be found guilty of contempt.

There are many more

Altfish

Veteran Member
That may have been the case before the establishment lost the respect of the public.
May I rephrase that...

" the establishment lost the respect of the far right" ... the same people who want our sovereignty back and to be able to make our own laws. Will he appeal to the ECHR?

Notanumber

A Free Man
May I rephrase that...

" the establishment lost the respect of the far right" ... the same people who want our sovereignty back and to be able to make our own laws. Will he appeal to the ECHR?

Tommy would not lower himself to do such a thing even though his sentence could be a death sentence.

Notanumber

A Free Man
The charge is Contempt of Court ...
So yes, I remember a Salford Uni Professor being found guilty about 4 or 5 years ago.
The Mail and the Mirror were found guilty
It is not uncommon for jurors to be found guilty of contempt.

There are many more

Tommy has gone into great detail about this case. He did what he was supposed to do when enquiring about any reporting restrictions; however, that meant nothing to the two “Appointed Judges”.

Tommy Robinson - Convicted For Journalism

Altfish

Veteran Member
Tommy would not lower himself to do such a thing even though his sentence could be a death sentence.
... and you called the Remainer Campaign, Project Fear - I though SYL is a 'man of the people' won't everyone in jail love him? Or will only 2% like him

Notanumber

A Free Man
... and you called the Remainer Campaign, Project Fear - I though SYL is a 'man of the people' won't everyone in jail love him? Or will only 2% like him

Think yourself lucky that they haven’t come after you yet, but you are edging your bets by being firmly on the Left and swallow everything that they spoon-feed you.

Shad

Veteran Member
United Kingdom establishments do not like citizen reporters. I wonder why that is.

I believe this point was brought up during the so-called trial.

The UK has had an authoritarian bend for centuries. It is built into the system as per monarchy.

ChristineM

Premium Member
Sure. Now he is using the case to argue a greater point.

Legally he isn't.

Greater point? Two wrongs dont make a right

He isnt. He is a failed politician who will do anything, legal or illegal to grab votes.

ChristineM

Premium Member
Yes as he is using it as part of opening free speech.

Election is over. Try again.

The word, in his case is hate speech

Sheesh, you think there is only one election in a countries life?