• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is this really how a president should answer questions?

aeon6

I normally would ignore that daft question, but if you can't decipher things independently it's another babysitting case en mass. Far be it from me to intrude on your long-held sensibilities, but shouldn't the intrusion tell you something about what is more important than others' trivialities?

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
I normally would ignore that daft question, but if you can't decipher things independently it's another babysitting case en mass. Far be it from me to intrude on your long-held sensibilities, but shouldn't the intrusion tell you something about what is more important than others' trivialities?
Apology excepted.

ecco

Veteran Member
Ironic isn't it. The Dem party, party of slavery and Jim Crow is not banned but if a right wing party disagrees with someone ban it. Hilarious

Keep in mind this poster thought a black out at a basketball game was really a whole school putting on blackface to be racist.
Why would you talk about irony when you don't even understand basic history. Somehow you are unaware that the political leanings toward race of the major parties have shifted 180 degrees over the past 150 years.

I even remember when the Republicans said they represented fiscal responsibility. Those days are gone too.

ecco

Veteran Member
My assessment of you is rather accurate, and again you deflect from the topic at hand.
Your motive for engaging me is suspect.

I'll be glad to engage you also. I have a question. Under religion, you state 'none'. Does that mean that you are an atheist or does that just mean that you don't want to state your religious beliefs?

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
I agree it was an emotionally based question presented by the reporter with no real 'meat' in how it was asked.

I don't think Trump should have responded that way by saying he was a bad reporter outright, I think it would have been better served for Trump to suggest to have people redirect their fear into affirmative action and doing their part to help get through this. A lot like people did in World War II although it's not a hostile enemy that we are combating, but rather a hostile virus.
Oh, you mean like a real leader. :)

Shad

Veteran Member
With all due respect to all the Americans on here who are less myopic, only an American would say this.

Also short sighted considering how big of a player the US is in the global economy. Here in Canada we are so tied to the US economy that a decline in the US is mirrored in Canada. Canada can not isolated itself from such an effect

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Also short sighted considering how big of a player the US is in the global economy. Here in Canada we are so tied to the US economy that a decline in the US is mirrored in Canada. Canada can not isolated itself from such an effect

Same in many parts of the world. Here is Australia its both the US and China that impact. That can be an interesting tightrope at times...!

MNoBody

forgive my canukistanian perspective, but isn't trump the president of a private corporate entity which is currently masquarading and misrepresenting the brand they took over in the early 20th century??
or is that assessment off?