• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is This Evidence Of Satan? Did He Write An Antibible? Is It Evolution?

sooda

Veteran Member
Where do you get your answers? Do you make them up as you read my posts?

Wrong. "In Jewish texts, the devil is sometimes an adversary and sometimes an embodiment of evil." -- Do Jews Believe in Satan? | My Jewish Learning.

Satan in Judaism

• While the concept of Satan is typically thought of metaphorically in Judaism, the physical essence of a Satan-like figure does appear once in the Torah . In the Book of Job , Satan is depicted as an angel who tests the righteousness of Job. This man enjoys a life full of riches and success.
God vs. Satan in Judaism | The Classroom | Synonym
classroom.synonym.com/god-vs-satan-judaism-6523.html

james bond

The answer is NO

But all of this can't be coincidental. How can something written many years after the Bible contradict everything in it? Not just the parts science backs up, but the moral parts. It even applies to how the end of the world was prophecized. You can't deny we are inundated with fearful news of large asteroids passing by the Earth even though they are millions of miles away.

This is more than what religious scholars thought happened at the Tower of Babel where they thought Satan and his demons came up with the concept of evolution.

sooda

Veteran Member
But all of this can't be coincidental. How can something written many years after the Bible contradict everything in it? Not just the parts science backs up, but the moral parts. It even applies to how the end of the world was prophecized. You can't deny we are inundated with fearful news of large asteroids passing by the Earth even though they are millions of miles away.

This is more than what religious scholars thought happened at the Tower of Babel where they thought Satan and his demons came up with the concept of evolution.

The end of the world? Are you kidding?

Ask the Rabbi, JewishAnswers.org » The Jewish View of Satan
www.jewishanswers.org/.../the-jewish-view-of-satan/?p=2566
In the Christian bible (2 Corinthians 4:3-4), Satan is called the god of this world. However, in Judaism Satan is an agent of G-d, created by G-d for a specific purpose, and something very good. Satan is simply an agent of G-d, just as all the other angels are simply agents of G-d.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member

Asteroids are scary, and they can do a lot of damage. But they are not predicted in the Bible, that is merely reinterpretation after the fact. And our end may not come from asteroids. The ones that you hear about are nowhere near dinosaur killer size.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
How can it be when the Bible was written by different peoples in all walks of life at the writing and compiling took 1500 years to where it is today? We first had Judaism. Are you saying their OT was fallible?

Were there people who thought like you back then?

It sounds like you're just full of assertions for whatever reason.

I've heard it described as such from noted scholars in the recent past. It was based on stories from the times of Tower of Babel and by religious people who wrote as such, e.g. John D. Morris of ICR. In the past, I started another thread about it a couple years ago, but with that I couldn't state that Dr. Morris' word wasn't infallible -- What Happened at the Tower of Babel?.

However, having everything spoken by God being contradicted by Evolution is a different story since it cannot possibly be coincidence that God's word is in totality contradicted through the writings of secular scientists about Evolution. There was no way they could have colluded against the Bible. Now, that would be silly, but we have to look at all the possibilities. Again, we see that it was written by different men of science throughout the years since 1850. Thus, could it be that Evolution is Satan's Antibible in religious terms?

Kind of like your assertion that the Bible is the infallible spoken word of God, and not the fallible interpretations of man, for an experience that is beyond words.
As far as where people like me were back then, they were everywhere just like today. You are reading one interpretation of the word of God, and not even in the original language, as it has been translated a dozen times over. The original meaning has been lost to time.
You can believe what you want. I'm just letting you know that your view of what is or is not possible in the realm of the Creation is wrong.

james bond

She studies the Bible without false preconceptions. You should try it some day.

Why don't you pick out her false preconceptions then and tell you? I think she would want to know.

What I posted are my observations. Something I discovered and then thought this could not be a coincidence. From my experience, bad things do not just happen by coincidence.

Moreover atheists want proof for God. They never ask for proof of Satan; which is okay because I would not want Satan to exist. However, it is said in the Bible that he does. First, he is the best angel and then wants more. I would think this is more evidence for God since Satan is described in both the OT and NT.

Attachments

• iStock-598090796-1588x900.jpg
    iStock-598090796-1588x900.jpg
    179.5 KB · Views: 0

james bond

Satan in Judaism

• While the concept of Satan is typically thought of metaphorically in Judaism, the physical essence of a Satan-like figure does appear once in the Torah . In the Book of Job , Satan is depicted as an angel who tests the righteousness of Job. This man enjoys a life full of riches and success.
God vs. Satan in Judaism | The Classroom | Synonym
classroom.synonym.com/god-vs-satan-judaism-6523.html

Ask your source about the Book of Zecharia, where the high priest is described as standing before a divine angel while Satan stands at his right to accuse him. The other is in the Book of Job where Satan does mean and evil things to Job and his family.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Why don't you pick out her false preconceptions then and tell you? I think she would want to know.

What I posted are my observations. Something I discovered and then thought this could not be a coincidence. From my experience, bad things do not just happen by coincidence.

Moreover atheists want proof for God. They never ask for proof of Satan; which is okay because I would not want Satan to exist. However, it is said in the Bible that he does. First, he is the best angel and then wants more. I would think this is more evidence for God since Satan is described in both the OT and NT.
Satan in the OT is quite different from Satan in the NT. @sooda can explain it better than I can.

And no, atheists want evidence of God. Proof is a mathematical term. If you show atheists sufficient evidence they will change their minds. Without sufficient evidence the proper approach is nonbelief.

sooda

Veteran Member

The Tower of Babel is an allegory about the collapse of a civilization and the loss of literacy.

Are you a fundmentalist? I am getting whiffs of the Scofield heresy.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Ask your source about the Book of Zecharia, where the high priest is described as standing before a divine angel while Satan stands at his right to accuse him. The other is in the Book of Job where Satan does mean and evil things to Job and his family.
You mean the book of Job where God makes an egotistical bet with Satan? Not a good example. It paints God as callous, evil, and uncaring.

sooda

Veteran Member

Sweet Jesus.. Have you ever heard of didactic literature?

james bond

Kind of like your assertion that the Bible is the infallible spoken word of God, and not the fallible interpretations of man, for an experience that is beyond words.
As far as where people like me were back then, they were everywhere just like today. You are reading one interpretation of the word of God, and not even in the original language, as it has been translated a dozen times over. The original meaning has been lost to time.
You can believe what you want. I'm just letting you know that your view of what is or is not possible in the realm of the Creation is wrong.

Not assertions when the Bible is a book of non-fiction and history and the best selling book year after year.

Still, you continue to obfuscate that this is more than the Bible. We are discussing evolution, too. Here is where I learned my evolution. From my alma mater -- Understanding Evolution.

Thus, I am using a rational and logical argument. I am using facts, reasoning, and historical truths. I'm sure there are scientific arguments for what I brought up and can accept that. However, to realize every single thing written in Genesis and the Bible is contradicted does make me sit back and go WTF???!!!???!!! Thus, it's evidence for something not very good.

james bond

You mean the book of Job where God makes an egotistical bet with Satan? Not a good example. It paints God as callous, evil, and uncaring.

Assertions, assertions, assertions. Do they make as *** out of you and me like the word assume?

ETA: I mean you are entitled to your opinions, but to make an argument out of them is weak.

sooda

Veteran Member
Not assertions when the Bible is a book of non-fiction and history and the best selling book year after year.

Still, you continue to obfuscate that this is more than the Bible. We are discussing evolution, too. Here is where I learned my evolution. From my alma mater -- Understanding Evolution.

Thus, I am using a rational and logical argument. I am using facts, reasoning, and historical truths. I'm sure there are scientific arguments for what I brought up and can accept that. However, to realize every single thing written in Genesis and the Bible is contradicted does make me sit back and go WTF???!!!???!!! Thus, it's evidence for something not very good.

There is NOTHING historical in the Bible... too many contradictions, anachronisms and errors of time and geography.

james bond

There is NOTHING historical in the Bible... too many contradictions, anachronisms and errors of time and geography.

Now, we are getting down to the nitty gritty of where you are coming from. Are you stating the same for the OT?

So you've never been to the library? Also, the Guinness Book of World Records disagrees with you.