• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is the USA a Christian Nation?

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
If so, then what happened to you can't serve love and money?

Study: Wealthiest 1 percent owns 40 percent of country’s wealth

The U.S. is commonly considered a Christian nation. However, most of the skeptics on this thread, who constantly attack the Bible and Bible believers, were "born Christian" or raised Christian. So, they may be part of the wealth-accruing Christian problem you cite.

Further, let's define Christian carefully. People I know who follow the Bible most closely, including giving far more wealth than they hoard, are marginalized and attacked--for example, on this forum by "Christians".

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
All your doing is showing yourself of having no understanding. Who our founding fathers were.
I know who your founding fathers were, and they've been dead 200 years. What's in your constitution now? Any mention of any specific religion? No? Not a specifically religious nation, then. Sorry. Fact. Deal with it.

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
I know who your founding fathers were, and they've been dead 200 years. What's in your constitution now? Any mention of any specific religion? No? Not a specifically religious nation, then. Sorry. Fact. Deal with it.
Laugh all you like @Faithofchristian , but legal realities are based on what laws are written down, not what you kinda think the original writers kinda mighta meant.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I know that Americans have a bad yet well earned reputation, but I also suspect that people have a tenancy to exaggerate and embellish.

You think?

As i said, i live in an area that is a tourist magnet, including many Americans. The majority are fine but a sufficient quantity aren't and give the other's a bad rep. There is no exaggeration or embellishment involved.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered.... I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies.... The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs

Thomas Jefferson
Old TJ got it all wrong.
(That's why he's on just the seldom seen $2 bill, instead of a big one.)
Our problem is that the fed issues the currency (claims about the Federal Reserve notwithstanding).
Inflation is an intended public policy.
Consider.....
- The economic value of the massive federal debt declines in lock step with the value of the dollar.
- As wages & income rise to offset inflation, taxpayers rise into higher brackets, & therefore pay a
higher percentage of income, even if they've not gained buying power.
- When people sell assets, they're taxed on phantom gain, ie, that which is entirely due to needing
more dollars to represent the same economic value as in earlier years.
At 7% inflation, $2 in 10 years would only be worth $1 today.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Old TJ got it all wrong.
(That's why he's on just the seldom seen $2 bill, instead of a big one.)
Our problem is that the fed issues the currency (claims about the Federal Reserve notwithstanding).
Inflation is an intended public policy.
Consider.....
- The economic value of the massive federal debt declines in lock step with the value of the dollar.
- As wages & income rise to offset inflation, taxpayers rise into higher brackets, & therefore pay a
higher percentage of income, even if they've not gained buying power.
- When people sell assets, they're taxed on phantom gain, ie, that which is entirely due to needing
more dollars to represent the same economic value as in earlier years.
At 7% inflation, $2 in 10 years would only be worth $1 today.