• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is the Nature of God Revealed in Nature?

BucephalusBB

ABACABB
Does nature reveal the nature of god? Or is god's nature in some way significantly different from the nature of nature? Please explain your answer.
When I look at nature, I see patterns, nature on it's own.
Therefor if there is such a thing as God, he reveals that he's either the start and nothing more, or the pattern itself...

Spiritone

The reason we are co-creators with THE Creator is because the Creation is made up of the Creator. We have created a lot with help and can only go to the level we are capable of at any given time. But we are evolving spiritually and will do so infinitely. imo.

tomspug

Absorbant
Life and death are equally beautiful, but that does not mean that they are in harmony. By contrast, peace seems constantly at odds with war, growth against destruction. There is balance, yes, perhaps that's the justice of God, but it is not necessarily good and therefore not necessarily God Revealed.

For example, would an act of injustice by a human (also part of nature) be God revealed? I would say 'no'. Is death the desire of God? I say 'no'. I say that God would prefer eternal life over eternal death (because you can only have one or the other).

Spiritone

There is universal law and part of the law is constant change that is eternal. We have free will to do whatever. Death of our physical bodies is just a step in a process. We may be reincarnated back into this dimension or go on to a higher one depending on what we have gained spiritually by our treatment of others etc.

God lover

As I find myself leaning leaning more and more to believing in the existence of a divine force, nature itself seems to speak its name. Grass, trees, the sun, the interplay of cosmic forces, and, yes, beetles and destructive hurricanes...they all speak God's name.

Now, it is possible that I'm simply making pictures from clouds, but I find little of personal value or worth in that idea.
Keep going in your openness to God. I would say God built the playground, but the playground isn't God.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Keep going in your openness to God. I would say God built the playground, but the playground isn't God.
But how do you supposedly know that? Einstein, who was not exactly a slouch when it came to analyzing things, said he believed in "Spinoza's God", and Spinoza believed that "Nature", a alternative name for "God" that Spinoza used, was so intrinsic with the universe whereas one is likely to be the other.

Everything in Creation can result back to symbolism.

How the day follows the night and the night follow the day.

How clouds come in heaps, gathering and creating rain.

How lightning can shine as far as east to west.
These are symbols.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Does nature reveal the nature of god? Or is god's nature in some way significantly different from the nature of nature? Please explain your answer.

Sure nature depicts the attributes of G-d who is only an attributive Being, not a physical or spiritual one.
Regards

God lover

So you believe God is not omnipresent...the matter of nature is devoid of God?

I'm not here to argue. There are many mysteries around God. I beleive God is very very real. I want to grow closer to God in spirit and understanding. at this point I feel that God was before creation, God made everything we see and even ourselves. So there was a time (not time as we know time and space) when God was not this physical Universe. His consciousness is not linked to the physical.

Is there a possibility that atoms and molecules are created by God, but they are not God? I think that is a very rational possibility.

It makes logical sense to me that God was before the creation. He may dwell in all the space between electrons and protons/nutrons. Even I would say, the atoms move within God's knowledge... but they are not God in my opinion. I even grapple with the idea that God will not mix with us in our sin. His very nature is love. While we are consumed with hate, for example, we are acting out of our own freedom. We cut ourselves off from God, though perhaps God is not cut off from us at this point. This is something I ponder.

If we are God, then God must have a split personality. I don't know what everyone else is thinking, so if we are all God, then God is unaware of Him/Herself. This seems very problematic to me. Also, I have spent half of my life learning to build houses. I am pretty good at it I think, but I still have lots to learn. I definitely don't know how my own body was made. The collective knowledge of all biologists still don't have the total picture of that. I think this clearly displays thay we are not God in Consciousness and there isn't any reason for me to think that if God can make conscious beings outside of himself that God cannot also make physical stuff outside of himself, even if our concept of space understands it all to be within God's presence.

I am definitely not God! I am such a foolish and petty person at times. I have been growing since infancy, but I still am a bumbling mess at times. For me to presume that I am God would be a huge hindrance to my growth. I think it would even be out of line.

I don't know what you think.

I would be happy to hear what you think. I beleive we are all searching for understanding, and we can all be at peace with each other as we grow together.

Sincerely,
A fellow walker

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
I'm not here to argue. There are many mysteries around God. I beleive God is very very real. I want to grow closer to God in spirit and understanding. at this point I feel that God was before creation, God made everything we see and even ourselves. So there was a time (not time as we know time and space) when God was not this physical Universe. His consciousness is not linked to the physical.

Is there a possibility that atoms and molecules are created by God, but they are not God? I think that is a very rational possibility.

It makes logical sense to me that God was before the creation. He may dwell in all the space between electrons and protons/nutrons. Even I would say, the atoms move within God's knowledge... but they are not God in my opinion. I even grapple with the idea that God will not mix with us in our sin. His very nature is love. While we are consumed with hate, for example, we are acting out of our own freedom. We cut ourselves off from God, though perhaps God is not cut off from us at this point. This is something I ponder.

If we are God, then God must have a split personality. I don't know what everyone else is thinking, so if we are all God, then God is unaware of Him/Herself. This seems very problematic to me. Also, I have spent half of my life learning to build houses. I am pretty good at it I think, but I still have lots to learn. I definitely don't know how my own body was made. The collective knowledge of all biologists still don't have the total picture of that. I think this clearly displays thay we are not God in Consciousness and there isn't any reason for me to think that if God can make conscious beings outside of himself that God cannot also make physical stuff outside of himself, even if our concept of space understands it all to be within God's presence.

I am definitely not God! I am such a foolish and petty person at times. I have been growing since infancy, but I still am a bumbling mess at times. For me to presume that I am God would be a huge hindrance to my growth. I think it would even be out of line.

I don't know what you think.

I would be happy to hear what you think. I beleive we are all searching for understanding, and we can all be at peace with each other as we grow together.

Sincerely,
A fellow walker
That's fine...no argument...here are a few points to consider... Sentient beings are no more the whole of existence (God) than a cell in your body is the whole of you..Absolute existence is the underlying unity of all that exists... It is beyond space and time and knowledge and description...(though the unenlightened may claim otherwise).. The space between so called electrons and protons is full of the same energy that comprise the actual electrons and protons, etc.....this energy is omnipresent...there is no where where it isn't... God absolute is one, ie. non-dual....there can't be a second outside of the absolute....if there were, it would not be absolute nor omnipresent... Creation of forms and destruction of forms had no beginning, not will it ever end...it is eternal...only the absolute in which these transmutations and transformations take place endues forever....the omniscience of absolute existence....

arthra

Baha'i

I believe the attributes of God can be seen in nature... that is you can observe the power and beauty of God in nature because beauty and power are attributes of God. But you cannot in my belief observe the essence of God in nature... The essence of God is not knowable to us.

That Essence of the Divine Entity and the Unseen of the unseen is holy above imagination and is beyond thought. Consciousness doth not reach It. Within the capacity of comprehension of a produced reality that Ancient Reality cannot be contained.

~ Abdu'l-Baha, Baha'i World Faith , p. 381

Looncall

Everything in Creation can result back to symbolism.

How the day follows the night and the night follow the day.

How clouds come in heaps, gathering and creating rain.

How lightning can shine as far as east to west.
These are symbols.
Please explain this. Symbols of what? Symbolized by whom?

ThePainefulTruth

Romantic-Cynic

If, as supposed, God created nature, that would appear to require a super-Natural Creator--in which case, the nature of God would not be reflected there--with the possible exception of the appearance of sentience.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
If, as supposed, God created nature, that would appear to require a super-Natural Creator--in which case, the nature of God would not be reflected there--with the possible exception of the appearance of sentience.
God is not separate from nature, and nature is not separate from God.....look at nature and natures looks right back...duality only arises in the mind of the thinker as nature is divided into subject and object...