• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is the evolutionary doctrine a racist doctrine?

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
1711584864742.gif

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
I say yes, but in a sense that's part
cultural & part biological, but not
fully the latter.
To be honest, even though I believe humans are humans with genetic variations that demonstrate themselves such as different skin colors, eye shapes, hair textures, etc. humans are all humans. Period. Cultural differences, yes, genetic differences some predominant, but humans are all humans. Period.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
To be honest, even though I believe humans are humans with genetic variations that demonstrate themselves such as different skin colors, eye shapes, hair textures, etc. humans are all humans. Period. Cultural differences, yes, genetic differences some predominant, but humans are all humans. Period.
No argument here.

YoursTrue

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
IF a question asks..."is evolution racist" how do you come to that conclusion given that the descent response about whites coming from blacks out of Africa is an assumption? Do we actually know for sure that black came first? Was it perhaps red, or brown, or yellow??

That humans initially evolved in africa and spread from there through migration is not an assumption.
Humans native to africa are black.

:shrug:

Given Christ was born in the middle east, and modern Jews, Greeks, Romans, and Macedonians are the colour that they are...does any of this even really matter? The apostle Peter was given a vision by God informing that we do not have the right to decide which race of people are worthy of the gospel and salvation (dream of unclean animals)...it is purely human construct that black is a lower form of life than white and i strongly reject that notion.

What are you babbling about....
Who here has said that blacks are "inferior" to whites?

Evolutionists do it because we apparently came from ancestors of the apes

"evolutionists", do what, exactly?

Christians do it because of the claim its related to the curse of the mark of Cain (or along these lines). both parties are racist.
This thread is about evolution and if it is a racist theory.

The answer is "no".

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
What explanation does the evolutionary doctrine give to the different human races? Does this have to do with the species of apes that populated the different regions of the earth?

I'll go ahead and assume that by "race" you mean "ethnicities" like blacks, asian, caucasion, aboriginal, native-american,...
The answer is rather simple.

Original human population in africa = the same ethnicity.
Groups migrate and settle in various parts of the world.
For several thousands of years, these groups are genetically isolated from the other humans. This sets them on their own evolutionary path.
Slowly but surely, they start diverging and end up become the different ethnicities we know today.

If this genetic isolation would have persisted, chances are big they would eventually ended up being speciation events and thus become various sub-species of homo sapiens.

But this did not occur. Travel, trade and migration started to happen again, which ended the genetic isolation.

The above is why today we can do things like the Genographic Project (National Geographic Partners Support Center)
You send in a DNA sample, they sequence it, run it through their giant database and they'll tell you -just from your genes- where your ancestral lines are, geographically. We can look at your DNA and tell that you have ancestors in china, for example.

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
No kidding...
Well it would be risky to make presumptions given the ignorance and denial that you have repeatedly demonstrated on this thread. "I still believe God gives life and takes it away. No matter that scientists may say "we" all come from some random meeting of elements that began evolving to plants and animals by mutations. Oh, and that humans evolved from fish. Even though we have structures that fish may have. It doesn't convince me that natural selection by mutation did it. Some may shrug their shoulder at that but beyond circumchance cannot really explain it biologically that I know of. Even if they could, yup, I believe it's too fantastic to have just "come about." "
No kidding.

YoursTrue

Well it would be risky to make presumptions given the ignorance and denial that you have repeatedly demonstrated on this thread. "I still believe God gives life and takes it away. No matter that scientists may say "we" all come from some random meeting of elements that began evolving to plants and animals by mutations. Oh, and that humans evolved from fish. Even though we have structures that fish may have. It doesn't convince me that natural selection by mutation did it. Some may shrug their shoulder at that but beyond circumchance cannot really explain it biologically that I know of. Even if they could, yup, I believe it's too fantastic to have just "come about." "
No kidding.
can you agree with those who declare you are alive before and after you are born and lived?

YoursTrue

No kidding.
speaking of which, did nervana come about by natural forces? how do you explain that.

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
speaking of which, did nervana come about by natural forces? how do you explain that.
Speaking of going off topic much?
When did nervana "come about"? An approximate date will suffice.
What do you mean by "natural forces"? I'd hate to presume, given you think lives come into existence and are terminated by your deity.
Do your own reading on nervana, but check your spelling first.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Like monkeys and gorillas? So let's go back to genetics and human disease. Do you think genetics play a part in transmitting certain diseases or deformities?
There will be genetic diseases, and different cultures will have different diseases. Especially when a culture is rather closed off from others. For example there is a genetic disease that is mostly "Jewish". It appears to have first appeared in the ancestors of today's Jews and since Jews traditionally used to marry only other Jews the disease did not get spread much from their populations. And Wow! There are quite a few diseases that are more common among Jewish people, and especially among Ashkenazi Jews:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
So are there or are there not races of mankind?
Some questions do not have yes or no answers. Especially when one uses poor terminology. You can often tell where the ancestors of some people came from by their physical appearance. If you mean by "race" this person looks different than me then the answer is a very qualified yes. But the general abilities aside from just looks are about the same all around the world. Looks are a very shallow reason to put people into different groups.

YoursTrue

There will be genetic diseases, and different cultures will have different diseases. Especially when a culture is rather closed off from others. For example there is a genetic disease that is mostly "Jewish". It appears to have first appeared in the ancestors of today's Jews and since Jews traditionally used to marry only other Jews the disease did not get spread much from their populations. And Wow! There are quite a few diseases that are more common among Jewish people, and especially among Ashkenazi Jews:

well now, that is interesting.

YoursTrue

Some questions do not have yes or no answers. Especially when one uses poor terminology. You can often tell where the ancestors of some people came from by their physical appearance. If you mean by "race" this person looks different than me then the answer is a very qualified yes. But the general abilities aside from just looks are about the same all around the world. Looks are a very shallow reason to put people into different groups.
poor terminology you say I use. ok I'm not as educated as you are using proper terminology.
Humans are humans. Men (scientists perhaps?) categorize men (and women) into races. As an addendum, these racial categories are not barriers to interbreeding, are they? No, they're not.