• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is the evolutionary doctrine a racist doctrine?

Eli G

What explanation does the evolutionary doctrine give to the different human races? Does this have to do with the species of apes that populated the different regions of the earth?

In any case, in human likeness, how many different races exist among the apes that later, according to evolutionary doctrine, became the different human races?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
What explanation does the evolutionary doctrine give to the different human races? Does this have to do with the species of apes that populated the different regions of the earth?

In any case, in human likeness, how many different races exist among the apes that later, according to evolutionary doctrine, became the different human races?
There is only one human race . Evolution isn't a factor at this time.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member

What is the "evolutionary doctrine"?

Eli G

I see that they did not program the machines correctly about what the human races are, hehehe, something that does not even need to be defined because everyone can perceive it.

In fact, in official documents, at least in my country of residence and in my country of origin, there's a line for this human characteristic.

Altfish

Veteran Member

Isn't this a bit like blaming the inventor of the wheel for road deaths?

Eli G

I am mestizo, my mother is mulatto, daughter of mulatto and white, granddaughter of black and white ... and my father is white. Racism was a totally non-existent thing in my upbringing environment.

That does not mean that I do not recognize the racial diversity of the human race as a result of different factors that do not interest my topic, but that contribute to the beauty and diversity of God's creation, just as there are different colors and varieties in flowers, butterflies. , fish, birds, etc.

However, I do not see how evolutionary doctrine can fit within human racial diversity.

Someone who knows how to explain without giving so much detours and throwing smoke screens? The truth is that the answers given by the majority of acolytes of that doctrine are shameful. :rolleyes:

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member

Wait... do you believe that different human races are descended from different species of apes?

That's not how any of this works.

Eli G

Again: my topic is not about the human races, but about how that characteristic originates from the apes that later supposedly became humans.

It seems that I am not explaining myself well, someone tell me if the question is not understood... or is it that the acolytes of the doctrine do not have an answer and are only filling the void with curtains of smoke.

For now I'm leaving the topic open until there are more interesting answers.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
Again: my topic is not about the human races, but about how that characteristic originates from the apes that later supposedly became humans.

It seems that I am not explaining myself well, someone tell me if the question is not understood... or is it that the acolytes of the doctrine do not have an answer and are only filling the void with curtains of smoke.

So skin color, are you asking about skin color? You mentioned white, black and mulatto.

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
For now I'm leaving the topic open as the question has been answered; you just don't like the answer. Race is a social construct.

"Modern science regards race as a social construct, an identity which is assigned based on rules made by society. While partly based on physical similarities within groups, race does not have an inherent physical or biological meaning."

- Race (human categorization) - Wikipedia

HonestJoe

@Eli G

First, evolutionary theories aren't "doctrine" and can't be fundamentally "racist" in and of themselves (though they can certainly be (ab)used for racist purposes).

The differences between geographic human groups that we use to define "races" will have largely developed after Homo Sapiens evolved rather than from characteristics of the preceding species. Otherwise we would likely have multiple different human species rather than just minor variations within the one.

Homo Sapiens likely evolved in one region (probably North Africa) and the successful species then spread to other parts of the world. As different groups continued to evolve in different environments, they each developed some different characteristics, either in direct response to those environments (e.g. darker skin in sunnier climes, more body fat in colder ones) or random mutations that (initially at least) compounded in closely related groups (e.g. red hair).

In general, the concept of "race" isn't really defined in biology, and even collieries like "sub-species" don't have definitive definitions or fixed measures. Because modern humans travelled and interbred so much more than most other animals, it makes defining any human sub-species even more difficult. Even most "standard" racial groupings are much fuzzier and difficult to distinguish when you really look in to them, and will likely continue to become more so.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
wt5p3-834878350~2.png

Eli G

@HonestJoe
However, I have found it very curious that the different "drawings" of pre-human apes (according to the doctrine) that are artistically drawn from found bones, resemble the race of the modern inhabitants of the place where the bones were found and NOT the same race (skin color, facial features, skull shape, height, etc.)...

To me it seems more like a competition to see which human race (typical of Asians, typical of Africans, typical of Europeans, typical of Arabs, etc.) originated in the first place, as if the apes that gave rise to them were of different "races" before giving rise to humans.

Or are racial characteristics only human?

Pogo

You are way off base, all humans split off in one event in the past ~6 million years ago, the differences that you see since then are minor due to recent geographical isolation of populations in the last 200,000 years. We are the result of one speciation event only.
In terms of evolution, there is no difference between those differences that historically have been called races. In fact, your history is evidence of the lack of evolutionary distance and that while isolation of populations has occurred over the last 200k years, our interaction with other ancestral populations will only reduce the differences in populations.
1_2.jpg