• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is the ACLU anti-christian

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
They blamed Christians for Orlando.
Blaming Christians for a psychotic Muslim closet case committing violence doesn't sound plausible.
Blaming Christians for helping create a homophobic culture, one of the ugly outcomes being the Orlando disaster, does.
But they are not the same thing.
Tom

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
Tony Orlando?

Damn him...
I knew he was up to no good.

upload_2017-9-19_9-45-43.jpeg

SinSaber

Blaming Christians for a psychotic Muslim closet case committing violence doesn't sound plausible.
Blaming Christians for helping create a homophobic culture, one of the ugly outcomes being the Orlando disaster, does.
But they are not the same thing.
Tom

So, Muslim extremism had no part whatsoever. Apologist

Mister Silver

Faith's Nightmare
The Un-American Civil Liberties Union

What we're witnessing today is the Unholy Alliance between the anti-American Left and Islam.

Because those lines make the writer of the article so unbiased.

As for what the ACLU lawyers said, I do not blame them for speaking the truth. Conservative Christian fundamentalists, those who harbor anti-gay sentiments and attempt to legislate their twisted view of morality into governmental law, are a major problem in this country.

SinSaber

Yeah, I just read your link and it's pretty much what I thought.
Some ACLU people put the tragedy in a larger context and the Christians feel persecuted, as usual.
Tom

They're opportunists who used it as an excuse to attack Christians. They don't care about Christians and anytime the "defend" Christians they do it with a backhand and with as much apathy as possible. Such as the chik-fil-a incident

They also support litmus tests. Like when they approved of sanders' harassment of Russel Vought

Bernie Sanders's Religious Test for Christians in Public Office

SinSaber

Because those lines make the writer of the article so unbiased.

As for what the ACLU lawyers said, I do not blame them for speaking the truth. Conservative Christian fundamentalists, those who harbor anti-gay sentiments and attempt to legislate their twisted view of morality into governmental law, are a major problem in this country.

And liberals who attack all Christians broadly, without realizing a number don't support those laws, are not a problem?

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
hey don't care about Christians and anytime the "defend" Christians they do it with a backhand and with as much apathy as possible. Such as the chik-fil-a incident
Possibly because they are under constant attack by people like you misrepresening them?
Nobody said it had nothing to do with Islam. But you attributed that to them anyway.
Tom

Mister Silver

Faith's Nightmare
And liberals who attack all Christians broadly, without realizing a number don't support those laws, are not a problem?

You certainly enjoy playing the victim by misreading what others have stated.

Where have I lumped all Christians together? I merely referred to the Conservative Christian Fundamentalists.