• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is spreading your religion correct?

sandy whitelinger

Veteran Member
Ok then, you do believe that God will favour Christians because of there beliefs, so you have got some explaining to do, 4 points:

1) What about someone who tried harder to find truth than a Christian, but was not a Christian (such people obviously exist)? Are you saying that God would favour the Christian who tried LESS, JUST because they HAPPENED to be right?
Trying is not the issue. God favours those who believe on the name of the only begotten son of God, according to the Bible.

2) What about the fact that whether or not a belief that is based on faith is true, is nothing but pure luck? You are saying that God punishes/rewards based on religious beleifs, therefore you are saying that God punishes/rewards based on nothing but sheer luck. Someone who has an equal amount of faith in Islam as you do in Christianity, in God eyes, is NO different to you. You did not try harder or anything like that, you just merely happened to be right.
God punishes or rewards, on the issue of salvation, according to one thing, belief on the name of the only begotten son of God, according to the Bible.

3) For God to reward followers of Christianity over followers of other religions, the followers of Christianity have to have done something that is worthy of a reward. What are ALL Christians doing that ALL non-Christians are not doing that is worthy of a GREAT reward? And please don't come back telling me that the Christians have "accepted Christ" or "they were right". These are not reasons. I've already explained how whether or not a belief that is based on faith is true, is nothing but sheer luck.
The only thing worthy of salvation that man can do, according to the Bible is to believe on the name of the only begotten son of God. The sheer luck aspect is your view and not a fact.

4) If you can come up with an answer to 3 (which I'm am virtually 100% sure that you wont) than please tell me - Why is it that almost everyone who is born in Saudi Arabia, is not doing what all the Christians are doing (that is causing God to favour them)? Coincidence?
You'll need to explain what you are takling about a little more please.

I've came across many Christians and not one has EVER did even a decent job at explaining how a God can be just, loving, righteous, etc and at the same time punish/reward based on our beliefs. Please try and explain, it is not right that God will or will not reward us based ONLY our beleifs, REGARDLESS of how we came to have those beliefs.
I doubt I can because your view of what is , "just ,loving, righteous, etc." is more than likely skewed to your own view of those things and not God's. It is probably based on the idea that you do not understand how much God hates sin.

ayani

But even that doesn't say what happens to those who don't believe because they have not heard.

this is true, Katz. but does that mean that we should not do our best to share the Son of God with others?

God is not willing that any should perish (2 Peter 2-9). and whatever reservations or issues many folks do have with Christianity, i find that when i talk to them about the Jesus of the Gospels, they're cool with Him, and even express admiration and interest. they may have issues or questions, but that's fine, and awesome. they're willing to talk, and have questions they want answered.

in other words, whatever misgivings a person might have about Christianity because of Christians (and granted a lot of those misgivings are justified), it's not an issue they need have with Christ Himself. the Gospel has the power to save, convict, cheer hearts, and inspire faith. we should not cease sharing the Gospel, the person of Jesus of Nazareth, with others.

after all, everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved. how, then, can anyone call on Someone they have not believed in? and how can one believe in the One of whom one hasn't heard? and how can anyone hear about Him without someone telling them? (Romans 10:13-14).

rather than bring to issue the fact that the Bible doesn't specify what will happen to those who don't hear, shouldn't the Christian focus his efforts on making sure more folks *do* hear?

Hi everyone,

Is converting non-believers into believers of your religion OK? Let's say you were 100% sure of your religion, would you think it morally correct to go and convert a bunch of African tribes to your religion? The fact that some people are 100% sure about their religion is the real problem with this. If you were 100% sure wouldn't you go and tell others of the truth, so they could be sure too? :shrug:

Well as long as you remain truly peaceful and don't force or try to "buy" people in need, I believe it is fine. The problem in Africa and elsewhere is that so many people are in need, it sounds easy to convince starving converts. Yes lots of people are sura of their own religion, but I believe only the truth at some point in history will really prevail though. The right to Preach peacefully your religion is part of any democracy. I pray it will never go away.

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
If people were not created then the Bible is wrong and we should eat, drink, and be merry, for tomorrow we die.

Why do we die tomorrow?

Romans 1 states otherwise.

I understand. I read in a book once that all black people are lazy. Does that mean it's true? Or should I go with my observations aboutthe world rather than what I read somewhere?

HoldemDB9

Trying is not the issue. God favours those who believe on the name of the only begotten son of God, according to the Bible.
So someone who tried LESS will be favoured by God over someone who tried MORE to find truth? Wow, that's pretty insane, unfair and imo evil. So since its not about anything that requires effort of any kind, you are saying that God rewards/punishes based only on who happens to have a certain belief, regardless of how they came to have this belief. Its like, those who guess right, get the reward. I think most Christian (and I would like to hear their opinion) would agree, that this is insanity. What a great God you worship.

God punishes or rewards, on the issue of salvation, according to one thing, belief on the name of the only begotten son of God, according to the Bible.
See above reply. Looks like you hold a belief that even to you makes no sense and that you cannot explain. You believe it through sheer ignorance.

The only thing worthy of salvation that man can do, according to the Bible is to believe on the name of the only begotten son of God. The sheer luck aspect is your view and not a fact.
No, the sheer luck aspect is not only my view, it is a FACT. Please tell me how whether or not a belief is true, that is based on no effort, no evidence, no logic, no reason and ONLY FAITH, is ANYTHING but sheer luck. Such a belief, is called a GUESS. You are saying that your God rewards and punishes based ONLY on who guesses right. This surprises me. Christian usually at least try and give a reason as to how in Gods eyes, a Christian is doing a better job than a non-Christian. Not you though. You just straight out say that, "my God rewards and punishes based on who guessed right and who guessed wrong". Crazy :areyoucra.

You'll need to explain what you are takling about a little more please
Simple. If there is ANYTHING that ALL Christians are doing that ALL non-Christians are doing, that will cause God to favour them and we all get an equal chance to do this "thing", then why is it than almost everyone born in Saudi Arabia, is not doing this thing? All you can say, is that it is a coincidence. Looks like the "thing" to you, is that they guessed wrong. So why is it that 80% of the Indian population have guessed wrong, but 70%-80% of the USA have guessed right? Shouldn't it be equal since it was a guess? Just a coincidence huh?

I doubt I can because your view of what is , "just ,loving, righteous, etc." is more than likely skewed to your own view of those things and not God's. It is probably based on the idea that you do not understand how much God hates sin.
Ok so its fine that your beleifs make absolutely no sense and that they are completely contradicting, because that is just how it seems to us, though human reasoning? Human reasoning is all we have to work with. To hold a belief that even to you makes less sense and portrays God to be unfair, over a belief that makes more sense and makes God look fair, is insane and is a whole new level of ignorance. You are saying that God punishes/rewards based on guesses. You are saying that God punishes/rewards based on sheer luck. You are saying that God punishes/rewards based on things that are completely out of our control. Unless of course, you can give me a reason, JUST ONE, as to why God will favour Christians over non-Christians. Good luck finding a reason.

Last edited:

sandy whitelinger

Veteran Member
I hope I've misunderstood what you are saying. You are not saying that ALL people know of Christianity and that ALL people have been given a chance to accept are you?
This is the passage from Romans 1:
[18] For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;
[19] Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.
[20] For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:
[21] Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
[22] Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
[23] And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.
[24] Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:
[25] Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.
[26] For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
[27] And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.
[28] And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
[29] Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
[30] Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
[31] Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:
[32] Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

sandy whitelinger

Veteran Member
So someone who tried LESS will be favoured by God over someone who tried MORE to find truth? Wow, that's pretty insane, unfair and imo evil. So since its not about anything that requires effort of any kind, you are saying that God rewards/punishes based only on who happens to have a certain belief, regardless of how they came to have this belief. Its like, those who guess right, get the reward. I think most Christian (and I would like to hear their opinion) would agree, that this is insanity. What a great God you worship.

See above reply. Looks like you hold a belief that even to you makes no sense and that you cannot explain. You believe it through sheer ignorance.

No, the sheer luck aspect is not only my view, it is a FACT. Please tell me how whether or not a belief is true, that is based on no effort, no evidence, no logic, no reason and ONLY FAITH, is ANYTHING but sheer luck. Such a belief, is called a GUESS. You are saying that your God rewards and punishes based ONLY on who guesses right. This surprises me. Christian usually at least try and give a reason as to how in Gods eyes, a Christian is doing a better job than a non-Christian. Not you though. You just straight out say that, "my God rewards and punishes based on who guessed right and who guessed wrong". Crazy :areyoucra.

Simple. If there is ANYTHING that ALL Christians are doing that ALL non-Christians are doing, that will cause God to favour them and we all get an equal chance to do this "thing", then why is it than almost everyone born in Saudi Arabia, is not doing this thing? All you can say, is that it is a coincidence. Looks like the "thing" to you, is that they guessed wrong. So why is it that 80% of the Indian population have guessed wrong, but 70%-80% of the USA have guessed right? Shouldn't it be equal since it was a guess? Just a coincidence huh?

Ok so its fine that your beleifs make absolutely no sense and that they are completely contradicting, because that is just how it seems to us, though human reasoning? Human reasoning is all we have to work with. To hold a belief that even to you makes less sense and portrays God to be unfair, over a belief that makes more sense and makes God look fair, is insane and is a whole new level of ignorance. You are saying that God punishes/rewards based on guesses. You are saying that God punishes/rewards based on sheer luck. You are saying that God punishes/rewards based on things that are completely out of our control. Unless of course, you can give me a reason, JUST ONE, as to why God will favour Christians over non-Christians. Good luck finding a reason.
Yours is a view that is contrary to what the Bible teaches. Many of your statd prejudices are your own.

HoldemDB9

Yours is a view that is contrary to what the Bible teaches. Many of your statd prejudices are your own.

Are you going to answer my questions or not? Much of what I've said is just plain fact, and the rest is just questions. If you don't agree, please tell me how.

Last edited:

HoldemDB9

This is the passage from Romans 1:
[18] For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;
[19] Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.
[20] For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:
[21] Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
[22] Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
[23] And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.
[24] Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:
[25] Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.
[26] For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
[27] And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.
[28] And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
[29] Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
[30] Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
[31] Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:
[32] Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

Instead of me reading that, why don't you just answer my question with a simple yes or know. Here was my question: I hope I've misunderstood what you are saying. You are not saying that ALL people know of Christianity and that ALL people have been given a chance to accept are you?

danny vee

But I really don't see how this works with the points you made before. You said that it can be harmful (or at least upsetting to the child's happiness) for a child to learn about multiple religions. If you're honestly answering the questions the child has, then I don't see how it's possible to ensure that the child won't learn about them.

No, I don't agree. Some children, sure, but I've personally known a few who were very concerned with religious matters from a young age. And most children are naturally curious and will want to know things like why one of his schoolfriends can't eat pork, or why he's taken past the church that's close to home in order to go to some other one. If he's really unlucky, he'll come home crying and wanting to know why another kid told him that he wasn't a "real Christian" when he told everyone he goes to a Catholic church... or something like that.

I don't know what you specifically would teach your child about homosexuality, but if we're talking in the general sense, then we have to consider the spectrum of what kids are exposed to. I've personally seen the message that some churches put out about homosexuality, and I think it would likely make things much more unpleasant for a teenager coming to terms with his orientation if he's been saddled with that in childhood.

You are right about the homosexuality thing. I personally don't think it is sin, so debating on the matter with me is not of much use as I surely don't want to tell anyone that it is a sin right now. And what I 've said in every post almost when answering to you is, to teach your child in a way that you feel right. When I say it could be upsetting for a child to learn of multiple religions, I don't mean that you should try to guard your child from other religions. Obviously if they ask, then the truth is best. But if they don't ask, then they are probably not very concerned with the issue, so why shove it down their throats? The time for that can come later. I think that it is most important for a child to be told the truth, and for the child to be happy. If one disagrees with another, then the truth is obviously first. Lies get people nowhere. Are we at a general agreement on this topic?