• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is prostitution wrong?

tarekabdo12

Treating a woman like a dead body is surely wrong. SEX isn't physiacl only but the body's actios should be an expression for what meanings want to show.

tarekabdo12

Speaking to the point of prostitution being joyless, many jobs are, some even exhausting and mind numbing to boot. And the same thing, desperation, pushes people into these other jobs. As for danger, fishing, logging, and firefighting are extremely dangerous occupations.

so what? they are all bad. This doesn't add anything. I do bad things because there are other bad things in the world, this is not logical.

Satyamavejayanti

Really?
And you think all prostitutes are female?
You think that only men solicit these female prostitutes?

Wow.

I never said only women are prostitutes, read my post clearly and where did I say only men solicit female prostitutes.And if you look outside the western world where there are still more female prostitutes then male, you will notice that the rest of the world has more female prostitutes. My suggestion was to men to stop thinking about their D**ks, even a male prostitute thinks about D**K either his or someone else's. Where do you think prostitution stems from, was it women or Men who needed to fulfil there sexual desires to start such a profession. I say Men are the reason for prostitution, and its up to both men and women to stop such practices because they are both involved in it. But I say again that a women's profession whatever it may be if chosen fully by her consciously is to be respected by all.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
Treating a woman like a dead body is surely wrong.
But it is fine to treat her like property?
It was less than century ago that women got the right to no longer be mans property.
Well, here in the USA.
Some countries are still that way.

SEX isn't physiacl only but the body's actios should be an expression for what meanings want to show.
I am sorry.
I do not understand this as written.

Antibush5

I've known a couple, they can have fun in their occupation and they went into it because they enjoy the activity, but they are generally a little bit nutty, I don't think there is really a "normal" prostitute. Now is it wrong? No, are Pimps wrong? Yes.

nnmartin

9Westy9 said:
got any evidence for highlighted claim?

I do not use evidence or links - I give opinon.

If you want someone else's opinion try Wikipedia or google.

What is the "usual way"?
How do you know that the "usual way" is not paying for it?

Or do you limit the phrase "paying for it" to merely cash transactions?

I am waiting for implants that allow you to slide your credit card in their butt crack.

I would say the usual way would be boyfriend/girlfriend or a casual one-night stand.

I agree that 'paying for it' has wide implications.

WanderLust

Inquisitive One
As long as everyone is consenting, I don't see the problem. If a woman (or man for that matter) chooses to sell sex as a profession, if he or she is consentinng to this occupation, who are we to say no?

nnmartin

I really can't see how the customer is any more to blame than the worker - surely the other way around?

I think I will go and sell some drugs on my street corner and blame it on the druggies when the police arrive.

Drolefille

PolyPanGeekGirl
I really can't see how the customer is any more to blame than the worker - surely the other way around?

I think I will go and sell some drugs on my street corner and blame it on the druggies when the police arrive.
I responded at your previous attempt to compare the two and you ignored it, so I'm going to assume you're insincere.

nnmartin

Not really. Arresting dealers addresses the supply and helps get at the source. Sex is unlimited in supply and is more "crowd sourced" as it were. With drugs, the buyers are typically addicts, yes, and need treatment rather than jail time, but it's the dealers who control how much crack is in the neighborhood.

Name and shame the johns and get the women some help if you want to end prostitution.

you used a supply and demand analogy - you say sex is in unlimited supply but that is clearly not true as not all women are sex-workers and I am sure in certain places there are many occasions where the supply is too low for the demand.

End of the day, the women are still prostitutes and the johns still johns - both equally to blame.

Last edited:

Drolefille

PolyPanGeekGirl
you used a supply and demand analogy - you say sex is in unlimited supply but that is clearly not true as not all women are sex-workers and I am sure in certain places there are many occasions where the supply is too low for the demand.

End of the day, the women are still prostitutes and the johns still johns - both equally to blame.
No, you misunderstood the argument, read it again.