• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is premarital sex moral or immoral?

Spartan

They generally give to christian charities and when they don't, they force a sermon first. I even heard someone say, "Get the people saved and they won't have any more problems." Yikes! Helping as a way to proselytize is dishonest. Liberal churches know the cultural and historical context of the Bible verses, and they know that sexual orientation is not a choice. They tend to be very educated, whereas conservative christians tend to be the least education and often have a disdain for higher education.

Don't confuse intelligence or education with Godly wisdom. The liberal churches are a full quart low on the latter.

Even God's Word confirms that those who engage in unnatural sexual relations are of a depraved mind (Romans 1), as are those who approve of them.

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
Don't confuse intelligence or education with Godly wisdom. The liberal churches are a full quart low on the latter.

Even God's Word confirms that those who engage in unnatural sexual relations are of a depraved mind (Romans 1), as are those who approve of them.

I have been to conservative, mainline and progressive churches. They tend to focus on different things. The more conservative, the more OT/Levitical they are. The more progressive, the more NT they are. Your focus on something sexual, which they were very ignorant about back then, shows me that you do not seem bent on following Jesus' teachings. Heck, they thought sperm contained the whole baby back then. We need to hold up scripture in light current knowledge. How could they know things that we know? They couldn't and that's okay.

JJ50

I'm not the one who is in danger of Hell fire. It's those who deny the warning in Romans 1:26-27, I Corinthians 6:9-10, etc.

Romans 1:26-27: Therefore, God handed them over to degrading passions. Their females exchanged natural relations for unnatural, and the males likewise gave up natural relations with females and burned with lust for one another. Males did shameful things with males and thus received in their own persons the due penalty for their perversity.

There is nothing shameful about homosexuality, only in the mind of sick bigots. Jesus might have been gay for all you know, and enjoyed gay sex, he never condemned homosexuality.

Spartan

There is nothing shameful about homosexuality, only in the mind of sick bigots. Jesus might have been gay for all you know, and enjoyed gay sex, he never condemned homosexuality.

Once again you don't know what you're talking about.

Jesus didn't have to mention illicit homosexual sin - it was already condemned in the Old Testament. But here's a flash for you -

Jesus is God in scripture (numerous examples). As God, Jesus is the one who gave Moses the Leviticus law against gay sexual relations to begin with; and he’s the one who inspires all Scripture (2 Timothy 3:16), including prohibitions against gay sexual relations in Romans 1:26-27 and I Corinthians 6:9-10, etc.

It’s also worth noting that Jesus didn’t mention wife beating or other sins such as pedophilia either, and there are not many folks who would argue he approved of those behaviors. So Jesus was under no obligation to reiterate the moral laws against homosexual sin that already existed, unless there were clarifications to be made.

Please update your know-nothing theology.

Spartan

I have been to conservative, mainline and progressive churches. They tend to focus on different things. The more conservative, the more OT/Levitical they are. The more progressive, the more NT they are. Your focus on something sexual, which they were very ignorant about back then, shows me that you do not seem bent on following Jesus' teachings. Heck, they thought sperm contained the whole baby back then. We need to hold up scripture in light current knowledge. How could they know things that we know? They couldn't and that's okay.

The left's "current light" of knowledge says there's over two dozen genders. Listening to those Bible revisionists is like tuning into Baghdad Bob.

JJ50

Jesus didn't have to mention illicit homosexual sin - it was already condemned in the Old Testament. But here's a flash for you -

Jesus is God in scripture (numerous examples). As God, Jesus is the one who gave Moses the Leviticus law against gay sexual relations to begin with; and he’s the one who inspires all Scripture (2 Timothy 3:16), including prohibitions against gay sexual relations in Romans 1:26-27 and I Corinthians 6:9-10, etc.

It’s also worth noting that Jesus didn’t mention wife beating or other sins such as pedophilia either, and there are not many folks who would argue he approved of those behaviors. So Jesus was under no obligation to reiterate the moral laws against homosexual sin that already existed, unless there were clarifications to be made.

It is you who is a know nothing bigot. You are a Christian extremist who drags Christianity through the sewer with your nastiness.

Spartan

It is you who is a know nothing bigot. You are a Christian extremist who drags Christianity through the sewer with your nastiness.

Sticks and stones....

A scripture for the carnal hedonists -

"I tell you, no! But unless you repent, you too will all perish." - Luke 13:3

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady

Back in Bible days, they thought hetero people were engaging in homosexual sex. They thought everyone was hetero back then. How could they know different?

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady

Jesus refuted things in the OT in Matthew.

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
The Bible speaks for God. You aren't listening.

According to that Neanderthal logic God made adulterers, murderers, pedophiles, etc., etc. NOT!

Dust off your Bible, Penguin.
It's a choice to murder and diddle kids. Those are not orientations. You're an idiot. You make me glad I left Christianity.

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
Sticks and stones....

A scripture for the carnal hedonists -

"I tell you, no! But unless you repent, you too will all perish." - Luke 13:3

Why do you and other fundies think Jesus wanted you to make people hate Christianity? That is not what he wanted.