• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is premarital sex moral or immoral?

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
And, again, the *benefits* of pre-marital or non-marital sex are there in abundance.

For example, I think it foolish for *anyone* to get married without having sex. Unless, that is, sex isn't an important thing in your marriage.

I'm sure every parent thinks their kids start having sex too early, but it is clear to me that NOT having (desired) sex is far, far worse psychologically than having it.

Also, the OP is about premarital sex. Not adultery or even non-marital sex.

Last edited:

dianaiad

And again, lying is the ultimate problem.

And if she is willing to take that risk?

Y'know, there are fences all along the edge of the Grand Canyon. People are told that it is much safer to stay BEHIND those fences. The danger of falling off the edge does not lessen because an idiot is willing to take the risk of frisking along on the wrong side of it.

Are you only thinking of pregnancy here? Diseases can be spread in whatever type of relationship.

Do you bother to read my posts? If you did, you'd know better than to ask this. In fact, it was a post that was in direct response to one of yours in which I gave you the link to the CDC poster on the differences between women and men in terms of STDs, with the women getting the worst of it.

ANd that is your choice. You don't want to open things up. OK. But if someone *does*, they have that right (in communication with partner(s)).

So? I don't remember advocating for 'a law,' or for some force to ensure that nobody did this. Many things one has the 'right' to do (and nobody has the 'right' to commit adultery, btw....at the very least, it's breaking a legal contract) are still extremely stupid. Don't ever figure that 'legal' and 'moral' are synonyms, much less 'legal' and 'a good idea' or "legal" and "ethical," or 'legal" and "right." Because they are not synonyms, any of 'em. Sometimes good things to do are also legal. Sometimes it's legal to do some very stupid, dangerous and silly things, and the physical consequences that result don't change because someone claims to have the right to do that which produces those consequences.

BTW, my opinion regarding the stupidity of an action is NOT the same thing as me advocating that we have to pass a law. Pointing out that those consequences exist is NOT the same thing as crying 'we oughtapassalaw!"

In fact, my libertarian soul thinks we have too many laws already. (shrug) That STILL doesn't mean that the consequences aren't there.