• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is my Religion Homophobic? In my Religion, we hate homosexuality and love homosexuals.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
I am not a Muslim, do you know? My God is Love.

Yes I know. If your God is love, whey do you hate homosexuality? Must be a different God than mine, as mine loves all diversity within man.

Separating the person from the action doesn't work. Do you love Hitler? Hate his crimes, but love him?

thomas t

non-denominational Christian
I'm a musician.
If people tell me they love me, but hate me being a musician... I don't want them as close contacts.
I don't want this love.
I don't want constant battling about me and my career. Either they accept it or not. I don't want to constantly be told I must change my music/ my style/ my profession/ my life/ and so on.

I think that LGBT+ people feel the same about the love being shown to them by devout Christians.

questfortruth

I sincerely doubt that. Please post a link to your peer reviewed proof. And even if you had that only would show that you can reason logically in some areas and not others. This is not uncommon. It is a human trait.

It is under the peer-review now. I have a beautiful mind. Why? I like my mind. My mother likes my mind. My friend with PhD likes my mind. I am looking for mistakes in my proof, but I can not yet find them.

It's not safe to be homosexual in Russia

The people are different, but the state authority does not hate gay people.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
It is under the peer-review now. I have a beautiful mind. Why? I like my mind. My mother likes my mind. My friend with PhD likes my mind. I am looking for mistakes in my proof, but I can not yet find them.
Then your claim is a bit premature. And you still do not see how that was a non sequitur. Just because one can reason logically in one area does not guarantee that they can reason logically in other areas. When attached to an irrational belief logic usually goes down the drain.

questfortruth

If people tell me they love me, but hate me being a musician.
It is an illogic sentence, with all respect. Why? they can not love and hate you at the same time.
They love you and they have no reason to hate your music. I am sure, your music is good.
God of beauty loves your beautiful music.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member

Christianity?

Yes. It teaches homosexuality is a behavior not a sexual orientation, and as such christians see homosexuals as people predominate to sexual promiscuity (to them, same-sex sex). Even if a christian "loves the sinner," they are still associating that sin (same-sex sex) with homosexuals as if homosexuals "own" same-sex sex and earns a christians' special attention as such.

Many christians are homophobic because they label homosexuals based on their own definitions and use the biblical translation of homosexuality without understanding what it means today as medical science has learned more about it.

Many christians respect homosexuals (but that word has a negative connotation-gay, lesbian, bisexual, etc would be better) or even tolerate us, but loving a group of people as a whole by associating sin as "their" sin -and- treating us based on this error is not love at all.

epronovost

You mean to teach young children how it is good to be gay?

Indeed, it's amongst the things this law does in addition of preventing pro-LGBTQ activism or even basic, science based, sexual education in school. It also prevents movies and tv show to portray homosexuality in something else than exploitative ways. It's very homophobic.

questfortruth

Indeed, it's amongst the things this law does in addition of preventing pro-LGBTQ activism or even basic, science based, sexual education in school. It also prevents movies and tv show to portray homosexuality in something else than exploitative ways. It's very homophobic.
The laws are anti-sexuality, but not anti-sexuals.

questfortruth

Which is a distinction without difference as it was mention and illustrated by others in the thread.
Jesus has taught me to separate sin from the sinner. It is my Religion DOGMA. The DOGMA is absolute Truth. I am instructed by Holy Fathers to call my Religion as right one. Thus, my religion is not wrong, with all respect to other religious people.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
My thought is that hating homosexuality should be in proportion to hate for other sins like gluttony, drinking, etc. Otherwise its just focusing on other people's business. Technically speaking coffee is a sin to drink, but people don't go on and on about that. Chocolate is decadent. Watching TV is a sin, technically. Nobody talks about that.

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
Jesus has taught me to separate sin from the sinner. It is my Religion DOGMA. The DOGMA is absolute Truth. I am instructed by Holy Fathers to call my Religion as right one. Thus, my religion is not wrong, with all respect to other religious people.

Yeah, we get it.

So, what is it you want to discuss? Your mind is made up, you have no interest in hearing from anyone else.