• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is my Religion Homophobic? In my Religion, we hate homosexuality and love homosexuals.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
The Mosaic Covenant is not my covenant.
I'm in the New Testament Covenant...

So the 10 commandments don't apply to you? Nore any of the other 603?
So, did Jesus say that homosexuality is okay then? Where?

So, no, we don't kill people for missing the mark... we pray for people, love on people and share the good news to people.

Who's "we"?
And what's the "good news" here for gay people?

Your position has one of three possibilities:
  1. You don't understand Christianity
  2. You are relying on what other people say.
  3. or Both
4. I repeat what the bible actually says.

I am happy to answer any of your questions for better understanding.

Sure, I'll ask you 2 questions. Thanks for the invite.

1. Would you support policies that makes homosexuality illegal or which otherwise prevents homosexuals to have relationships and do what heterosexual couples do?

2. What would you do if your son comes home one day, tells you he's gay and introduces you to his boyfriend?

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Are they also on display in churches like in the picture above?

I'll let my child look at pictures of naked bodies over the above, any day of the week.

As a matter of fact.... 2 years ago we were in Italy. My then almost-4-year old was obsessed with castles and anything that looked like castles. Like big cathedrals. Strolling around the city of Rome, we off course encountered a cathedral. It's Italy after all............

My son wanted to go inside. Knowing the horrors that would be on display there, I said there was no chance we would enter that building. He got mad. I made up some silly excuse and then went out of my way to find exhibits of gladiators ("knight"-like, catering to his interests). We also went to the Pantheon and other ancient Roman structures like the Colosseum. He loved it all and it was a great day.

If I would have entered that cathedral, I'm 110% positive he wouldn't have slept that night because of nightmares.

I think you should take your child to a holocaust museum if you think that a man dying on the cross will produce nightmares.

Besides, what people do doesn't change the fact that he is seated on the right hand of the father.

I think you are trying to make a mountain out of a mole hill.

Sheesh. And then people wonder why kids grow up being completely uncomfortable and clueless concerning their bodies and sexuality.

But anyhow........ even in this instance, your children are very much aware of what a naked body looks like.

Hardly. I don't know how your mind is construing a simple concept.

My children are happily married, enjoy sex and have no hangups about their bodies and sexuality.

Is it because you think you have to see everything to understand everything? Are you therefore considering that children watch parents having sex so that they are no hangups? Or will that create an hangup in and of itself?

We discussed sexuality, we studied the body in biology, and gave context of what sex was about.

So, I'm not sure how your thinking is going?

So? How does that stop them from drawing it or see the beauty in it?

1) I never said that you can't draw or see beauty in a painting or a sculpture
Screen Shot 2021-01-27 at 10.44.10 AM.png
a beautiful sculpture.
2) your context was a child drawing and painting naked bodies. All I asked for was an example. You haven't produced any. Why?

Is it because they aren't fixated on it?

Then your post where you said that you would ask them "who showed you a picture of a nude woman or a nude man" is very bizar.

If you acknowledge that they know what it looks like, how does asking them that question make any sense at all?

Context, my dear friend, context. You said "x" rated... maybe we have a different view of "x-rated"?

If I knew I had a artistic prodigy... I would have been up on what they were drawing.

I'm still waiting for a child prodigy coming home with a "surprise" x-rated drawing. And, yes, if my child surprised me with an x-rated drawing, I would first ask "who showed you". If you don't ask YOUR child, I would question your sanity. (unless you don't believe there is sex-traffickers who are grooming children, of course)

Last edited:

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
I think you should take your child to a holocaust museum

He'll go there in due time on a school trip anyway.. When he's older and mentally capable of processing such images without it causing semi-traumatic experiences.

if you think that a man dying on the cross will produce nightmares.

Is this your way of saying "but there are worse things to look at, so this ain't that bad?"
The difference is off course, that people DO take their little kids to churches, where they are exposed to such gruesome images. And they even think it's a good thing.

Besides, what people do doesn't change the fact that he is seated on the right hand of the father.

Your religious beliefs are beliefs. Not facts.

I think you are trying to make a mountain out of a mole hill.

Not at all. I'm just pointing out the obvious hypocrisy.
You think a child isn't "fit" for seeing naked people, but you see no problem in exposing them to such gruesome images like the one I posted.

You are worried about a boy seeing a breast or a nipple, but a gruesome statue that simply screams pain, misery, despair, torture... that's okay apparently.

Don't you see the problem here?

Kenny

Premium Member
So the 10 commandments don't apply to you? Nore any of the other 603?
So, did Jesus say that homosexuality is okay then? Where?

Why are you changing the goal post? I thought you were talking about "killing sinners".

It has nothing to do with what is OK and what ISN'T ok... we are talking about the NT response - vs a Mosaic Law response,.. (hope you are open to it). Not to be fixated on homosexuality, let's look at a more common real-life situation.

So let's take a Biblical journey and see if we can learn something:

John 8:4 They say unto him, Master, this woman was taken in adultery, in the very act.5 Now Moses in the law commanded us, that such should be stoned: but what sayest thou?

(notice the Mosaic Law application)

10 When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her, Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee? 11 She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.

(Notice a New Testament Covenant application)

There was indeed one person who had the right to throw the first stone - a sinless one (at least in Christian understanding) - Emmanuel, God with us, Jesus Christ.

Did He stone her? NOPE. :) Would He stone a homosexual? NOPE :)

He just said... "I don't condemn you, just go and sin no more"

Who's "we"?
And what's the "good news" here for gay people?

That God loves them (and all people), doesn't condemn then (and all people), want to be intertwined in their lives and make the difference. He wants to erase their past, change their present and give them a different future (even as He did mine)

4. I repeat what the bible actually says.

Again... you either don't understand Christianity and the New Testament vs the TaNaKh or you are just repeating what other people say.... or both. :)

Sure, I'll ask you 2 questions. Thanks for the invite.

1. Would you support policies that makes homosexuality illegal or which otherwise prevents homosexuals to have relationships and do what heterosexual couples do?

No, I wouldn't support it. Laws don't change people's hearts. You can make murder illegal (and it is) but it doesn't stop murders.

2. What would you do if your son comes home one day, tells you he's gay and introduces you to his boyfriend?

Share Jesus. Real-life situation. Two women came into our church. One presented herself and then said "this is my husband" to her female significant other.

Our reply, "So nice to meet you!". Our church peoples response, "Hello - so glad you could come today to our church".

I preached the sermon I was going to preach. I didn't change the message or speak "directly to them".

Both gave their lives to Jesus that morning and came continuously until they left for another state.

Received a letter two years later from one who said (paraphased), "Thank you so much! I am now married to a man and have a child... you have made such an impact in my life". God does the changing of people's lives.

Don't know what happened to the one who said she was the husband. But she has Jesus... I'm sure He knows how to move in her life.

Kenny

Premium Member
He'll go there in due time on a school trip anyway.. When he's older and mentally capable of processing such images without it causing semi-traumatic experiences.

Isn't that a hypocritical position? You mean you have your own set of standards of what is "age appropriate? ;)

Your religious beliefs are beliefs. Not facts.

You don't know, though. It may indeed be a fact. :)

Not at all. I'm just pointing out the obvious hypocrisy.
You think a child isn't "fit" for seeing naked people, but you see no problem in exposing them to such gruesome images like the one I posted.

You are worried about a boy seeing a breast or a nipple, but a gruesome statue that simply screams pain, misery, despair, torture... that's okay apparently.

Don't you see the problem here?

I NEVER said it isn't fit for a child to see naked people. Please don't put words in my mouth, quote in context and quote where I said that.

I never said "You are worried about a boy seeing a breast or a nipple" - please quote where I said that :)

So the problem I see here, is that you are so fixated on your position that you are reading your position into what I am saying.

So... :) ... to support your position... please show me a artistic -child-prodigy who is bringing home drawings of naked people

For information sake:

https://www.insafehands.net.au/sites/default/files/u32/Identifying Sexually Abused Children Though Their Art.pdf

image.png

So... I would check what is happening