• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Muhammad true or false Prophet?

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
It is nice to have the subject of counter-posts otherwise the site will become boring Such participations do not mean proselytizing but spreading the spirit of knowledge, participation and the activation of cognitive thought
But genuine cognitive thought does not support the Muslim position on this matter.

Simple research could bury this silly idea rather rapidly.

j1i

Smiling is charity without giving money
Unsurprisingly, you again completely fail to
back up your claim that t he book is legitimate.

"Yes they did prove" is worthless, just repeateing
what you said earlier. And, it is not true.
You claimed scientific proof; there is no such thing.

Cognitive thought? Spirit of knowledge?
You are just spouting nonsense, facts not in
evidence.

Then off you go preaching again.

But keep it up, the more you say, the more
discredit you bring to your "faith".

No news will be put in the newspaper and will be met with denial
Why did Christians keep silent about his denial through official media?
Only the sites and words of ordinary people
I want a reply from the Pope denying this Gospel of Barnabas
Otherwise your pretensions are void
Secret £14million Bible in which 'Jesus predicts coming of Prophet Muhammad' unearthed in Turkey | Daily Mail Online

And what proves that your words are true
Why is your logic only prevalent in speech
I brought news from the newspaper and confessions of a Christian convert to Islam and recognition of a Jew

Recognition, master evidence
I do not think you are more knowledgeable than Jewish scholars in their specialty
I did not bring anything out of my pocket

you fail also to proof all baranaba are fake (^_^) I meant this 1500 year

Audie

Veteran Member
No news will be put in the newspaper and will be met with denial
Why did Christians keep silent about his denial through official media?
Only the sites and words of ordinary people
I want a reply from the Pope denying this Gospel of Barnabas
Otherwise your pretensions are void
Secret £14million Bible in which 'Jesus predicts coming of Prophet Muhammad' unearthed in Turkey | Daily Mail Online

And what proves that your words are true
Why is your logic only prevalent in speech
I brought news from the newspaper and confessions of a Christian convert to Islam and recognition of a Jew

Recognition, master evidence
I do not think you are more knowledgeable than Jewish scholars in their specialty
I did not bring anything out of my pocket

you fail also to proof all baranaba are fake (^_^) I meant this 1500 year

One thing for sure, you dont change your
story.

Keep saying the same things but provide
no source of evidence that the book is not
a forgery.

Dont bother trying again I am putting
you on ig.

Samantha Rinne

Resident Genderfluid Writer/Artist
Your question makes no sense.
proph·et
/ˈpräfət/
noun
a person regarded as an inspired teacher or proclaimer of the will of God.​

A prophet is someone who is regarded as an inspired teacher or proclaimer of the will of God. Therefore, Muhammad is a prophet.

Perhaps you meant to ask if his teachings are true or false.

Uhhhh by that definition he's not a prophet. I refuse to believe that the will of God was that 1400 years or so of violence and territorial expansionism happened because God will it. Muslims proclaim God wills it every time they have done something and prefer to let fatalism take credit. But I do not think God's will was for Islam to spread through violence.

ecco

Veteran Member
Uhhhh by that definition he's not a prophet. I refuse to believe that the will of God was that 1400 years or so of violence and territorial expansionism happened because God will it. Muslims proclaim God wills it every time they have done something and prefer to let fatalism take credit. But I do not think God's will was for Islam to spread through violence.

Your god was OK with the spreading of Christianity through violence.
Allah is OK with the spreading of Islam through violence.

Tit for tat.

Samantha Rinne

Resident Genderfluid Writer/Artist
Let's talk about the elephant in the room then. The Crusades. The Crusades, you were probably taught were about Christs conquering the Holy Land. This is false. The Turkish Arabs were at the doorstep of Rome. The African Arabs were occupying Spain for much of the Middle Ages. The Christian ppl fought for about 90 years.
Their holy book only talks about war a few times and it is mostly to hold land. Christians did NOT typically spread through violence, and the Jews actually lost land. The Inquisition was done to root out false converts. The Muslims on the other hand committed rape, theft, and murder while Muhammad was still alive. Jesus? Died on the cross, healed a man whose ear was cut, and refused to reign as the sort of dictator the Romans were, refusing to do anything about Roman government of Israel.

ecco

Veteran Member
Let's talk about the elephant in the room then. The Crusades. The Crusades, you were probably taught were about Christs conquering the Holy Land.

More accurately, Christians attempting to gain territory through violence.

Christians did NOT typically spread through violence, ...

I suppose you believe taking young children away from their parents and placing them in Christian foster homes and Christian orphanages is not violence.

I suppose you believe the Protestant / Catholic wars in Europe were not violent.

I suppose you believe indoctrinating slaves into Christianity is not violent.

The Inquisition was done to root out false converts.

Spanish Inquisition - Wikipedia
According to modern estimates, around 150,000 were prosecuted for various offenses during the three centuries of duration of the Spanish Inquisition, out of which between 3,000 and 5,000 were executed.​

The Inquisition was originally intended primarily to identify heretics among those who converted from Judaism and Islam to Catholicism. The regulation of the faith of newly converted Catholics was intensified after the royal decrees issued in 1492 and 1502 ordering Jews and Muslims to convert to Catholicism or leave Castile.
In other words...No problems as long as you renounce your religion and become a Catholic. Oh, wait. Your conversion was not real so we will take your lands and money and execute you.

The Muslims on the other hand committed rape, theft, and murder while Muhammad was still alive. Jesus? Died on the cross, healed a man whose ear was cut, and refused to reign as the sort of dictator the Romans were, refusing to do anything about Roman government of Israel.
Long before Jesus, God approved of the rape of female survivors of defeated soldiers.

Jesus' conception, if we are to believe the stories, was the result of rape.

Pastek

Sunni muslim
It seems Muhammad, He, himself, don't even follow his own word, Muhammad tells others to follow what Allah ( God) revealed in the Gospels, But yet Muhammad, He, himself don't even follow what Allah ( God) has revealed in the Gospel's. So how is this to work.
Seeing Muhammad is the prophet of Islam and seeing that Islam don't even follow what is revealed in the Gospels, wouldn't that make all Islam sinners ?

What are we not following exactly ?
Don't tell me trinity, that was not teached by Jesus.

Matthew 24:24-26---"For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.
If a person notice in verse 24, that there shall come false Christ's and false prophets, showing great signs and wonders, This meaning these false Christ's and false prophets presuming to do these things in( God's) Allah's name,

Muhammad didn't came with miracles and such because it's explained in the Quran that many prophets came before with miracles yet many people refused to believe.
Jesus made a lot of miracles and at the end many turned their back on him.
And Jonas didn't came with miracles but people believed all.

Faithofchristian

What are we not following exactly ?
Don't tell me trinity, that was not teached by Jesus.

Muhammad didn't came with miracles and such because it's explained in the Quran that many prophets came before with miracles yet many people refused to believe.
Jesus made a lot of miracles and at the end many turned their back on him.
And Jonas didn't came with miracles but people believed all.

Jesus did teach the trinity, maybe you should re-read Matthew 28, again.

That's right, Muhammad didn't come with miracles, the miracles came later.
It's a miracle that a whole alot of people are following Muhammad even to day a whole lot of people are still following Muhammad and that's a miracle in it's self

ecco

Veteran Member
Seems some folks need a reminder of what a miracle is.
/ˈmirək(ə)l/
noun
  1. a surprising and welcome event that is not explicable by natural or scientific laws and is therefore considered to be the work of a divine agency.

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
The fourth pillar of Islam, Ramadan fasting, can't be equally followed and adhered to by everybody in the world.

Muhammad was either not aware that the Earth was round or that it is tilted on its axis. Ramadan fasting rules, as written on behalf of Muhammad in the Quran, require dawn to dusk fasting for Islamic followers worldwide during the month of Ramadan. Muhammad would have wanted this law applied equally to all regions of the world. He would have had to think that day and night were equal periods of time for all people who lived everywhere. Equal periods of day and night could only exist everywhere during the summer months of Ramadan, if the Earth were flat or if the Earth were round without a tilt of its axis. Either of these beliefs, which Muhammad would have had to believe, is wrong and shows that Muhammad was not divinely inspired. The dawn to dusk fasting rules as written in the Quran does not apply equally to all persons in all regions. Because the southern most inhabitants experience very short days during Ramadan, and they would only be required to fast for a few hours a day. The northern most inhabitants experience daylight throughout the month of Ramadan, and they would die from starvation while fasting for a whole month without food and drink. Nowhere in the Quran is it written that people of the polar regions can break their fast at the time of sunset until sunrise of the country next to them. This law was added later in Islam in order to correct a stupid mistake made, as written on behalf of Muhammad, for the dawn to dusk fasting law during Ramadan.

Niblo

Premium Member

You write:

‘Nowhere in the Quran is it written that people of the polar regions can break their fast at the time of sunset until sunrise of the country next to them.’

Mmmmmm…..well now….. that might be because there were no Muslims living outside Arabia when the Qur’an was revealed.

Throughout the centuries Muslim scholars have interpreted both the Qur’an and the Sunnah – taking into account legal precedents – in order to ensure that the Shariah – a dynamic entity – is able to accommodate changing circumstances. I’m sorry that this seems odd to you, but it is what it is.

You write:

‘The fourth pillar of Islam, Ramadan fasting, can't be equally followed and adhered to by everybody in the world.’

I assume by 'everybody in the world' you mean by every Muslim for whom the fast is obligatory (the very young; the old; pregnant women; and the sick are exempt no matter where they happen to live).

The Sharia permits Muslims who live in arctic regions to follow the Medina or Mecca timetable; or that of a city in the nearest Muslim country. Muslim residents in Tromsø, for example, have chosen to use the timetable for Mecca.

The Exalted must have known full well that Muslims would one day reside in artic lands, and would exercise common sense in order to meet His law on fasting, without causing harm to themselves.

And blow me…….this is exactly what they do!

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
You write:

‘Nowhere in the Quran is it written that people of the polar regions can break their fast at the time of sunset until sunrise of the country next to them.’

Mmmmmm…..well now….. that might be because there were no Muslims living outside Arabia when the Qur’an was revealed.

Throughout the centuries Muslim scholars have interpreted both the Qur’an and the Sunnah – taking into account legal precedents – in order to ensure that the Shariah – a dynamic entity – is able to accommodate changing circumstances. I’m sorry that this seems odd to you, but it is what it is.

You write:

‘The fourth pillar of Islam, Ramadan fasting, can't be equally followed and adhered to by everybody in the world.’

I assume by 'everybody in the world' you mean by every Muslim for whom the fast is obligatory (the very young; the old; pregnant women; and the sick are exempt no matter where they happen to live).

The Sharia permits Muslims who live in arctic regions to follow the Medina or Mecca timetable; or that of a city in the nearest Muslim country. Muslim residents in Tromsø, for example, have chosen to use the timetable for Mecca.

The Exalted must have known full well that Muslims would one day reside in artic lands, and would exercise common sense in order to meet His law on fasting, without causing harm to themselves.

Why should anyone have to follow the schedule of another country? And what does the 'Closest Country' mean? The closest country of high latitude will still have a Summer day that will extend for 20-23 hours; meanwhile, Muslims in Medina/Medina will have a far less stringent sunrise/sunset Summer Ramadan fasting regiment of 13 hours. Why not every Ramadan fasting Muslim everywhere then chose following Mecca's Ramadan fasting time schedule?

We can understand some 7th century desert dwellers not knowing about the poles or believing that Muslims would someday end up in space, but an omniscient being should have known better. Whoever made these rules either believed that the Earth is flat, or the Earth is in a perfect perpendicular tilt relative to the Sun.

Last edited:

j1i

The fourth pillar of Islam, Ramadan fasting, can't be equally followed and adhered to by everybody in the world.

Muhammad was either not aware that the Earth was round or that it is tilted on its axis. Ramadan fasting rules, as written on behalf of Muhammad in the Quran, require dawn to dusk fasting for Islamic followers worldwide during the month of Ramadan. Muhammad would have wanted this law applied equally to all regions of the world. He would have had to think that day and night were equal periods of time for all people who lived everywhere. Equal periods of day and night could only exist everywhere during the summer months of Ramadan, if the Earth were flat or if the Earth were round without a tilt of its axis. Either of these beliefs, which Muhammad would have had to believe, is wrong and shows that Muhammad was not divinely inspired. The dawn to dusk fasting rules as written in the Quran does not apply equally to all persons in all regions. Because the southern most inhabitants experience very short days during Ramadan, and they would only be required to fast for a few hours a day. The northern most inhabitants experience daylight throughout the month of Ramadan, and they would die from starvation while fasting for a whole month without food and drink. Nowhere in the Quran is it written that people of the polar regions can break their fast at the time of sunset until sunrise of the country next to them. This law was added later in Islam in order to correct a stupid mistake made, as written on behalf of Muhammad, for the dawn to dusk fasting law during Ramadan.

You write:

You write:

These areas are extreme, and so far we are closer the end of the world and there are no people who invest in living there
Since circumstances force a person to give up, there is nothing wrong with stop fasting. they wanted to love God and to feel how people are hungry
The people living in the frozen pole continued to be people who did not live a luxury life until they knew poverty
They understand poverty well
And then we will say if we moved Mars
How will we do acts of worships there
When Jesus returns and does not find us on earth because we moved to Mars as an example ?
These things are appreciated, it is important that you do not cut off communication with God nor your human principles

with respect (^_^)

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
These areas are extreme, and so far we are closer the end of the world and there are no people who invest in living there
Since circumstances force a person to give up, there is nothing wrong with stop fasting. they wanted to love God and to feel how people are hungry
The people living in the frozen pole continued to be people who did not live a luxury life until they knew poverty
They understand poverty well
And then we will say if we moved Mars
How will we do acts of worships there
When Jesus returns and does not find us on earth because we moved to Mars as an example ?
These things are appreciated, it is important that you do not cut off communication with God nor your human principles

with respect (^_^)

You bring up a good point...Islamic rituals of facing Mecca in prayer or Ramadan fasting can't practically be done in places far beyond Mecca.

Parts of the heavens are indeed there for us humans to transform into biospheres sustaining human life. Mars is likely the first place beyond Earth in our solar system to get a man-made biosphere that is an appreciable fraction in size comparable to Earth's biosphere.
smile.gif

The first step towards the terraforming of Mars is the deployment of a magnetic shield that protects Mars against the solar wind stripping of its atmosphere. This magnetic shielding would subsequently allow the planet's atmosphere to reacquire its former density that'd be high enough to allow for sustainable surface liquid water.

gallery-1488399162-screen-shot-2017-03-01-at-31220-pm.png

Reference: https://phys.org/news/2017-03-nasa-magne...phere.html

An effective artificial magnetosphere placed at Langrangian point 1 from Mars is very achievable with foreseeable technology. This magnetic shielding apparatus could weigh less than a few hundred tonnes which is within the load capacity of a big Falcon 9 rocket. I'm guessing the cost of protecting the Martian atmosphere with an artificial magnetosphere would probably be similar to the cost of a small nuclear reactor.

1*mPYNE8ApyVjSFKErEM2aGg@2x.jpeg

Some few billion tonnes of sulfur hexafluoride gas (SF6) could increase Martian atmospheric surface temperatures by over 20 degrees Celsius. Sulfur hexafluoride - Simple English Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The SpaceX interplanetary transport system could deliver this super greenhouse gas to Mars at a cost of less than $2,000/kg.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SpaceX_Mar...astructure

A few hundred thousand tonnes of SF6 delivered annually to Mars would cost just approximately $1/2 trillion yearly. This is less than a fraction of a percent of the global economic output value. An accumulation of a few billion tonnes of SF6 at an annual rate of a few hundred thousand tonnes would take less than ten thousand years. The annual cost of less than $100 per person per year on Earth would be totally worth transforming Mars into a world with triple its current atmospheric pressure and a warmer Mars with average surface temperatures greater than typical summer Antarctic temperatures.

This terraforming of Mars could be done at an affordable cost of approximately $500 billion annually over the duration of a few millennium

j1i

You bring up a good point...Islamic rituals of facing Mecca in prayer or Ramadan fasting can't practically be done in places far beyond Mecca.

Parts of the heavens are indeed there for us humans to transform into biospheres sustaining human life. Mars is likely the first place beyond Earth in our solar system to get a man-made biosphere that is an appreciable fraction in size comparable to Earth's biosphere.
smile.gif

The first step towards the terraforming of Mars is the deployment of a magnetic shield that protects Mars against the solar wind stripping of its atmosphere. This magnetic shielding would subsequently allow the planet's atmosphere to reacquire its former density that'd be high enough to allow for sustainable surface liquid water.

gallery-1488399162-screen-shot-2017-03-01-at-31220-pm.png

Reference: https://phys.org/news/2017-03-nasa-magne...phere.html

An effective artificial magnetosphere placed at Langrangian point 1 from Mars is very achievable with foreseeable technology. This magnetic shielding apparatus could weigh less than a few hundred tonnes which is within the load capacity of a big Falcon 9 rocket. I'm guessing the cost of protecting the Martian atmosphere with an artificial magnetosphere would probably be similar to the cost of a small nuclear reactor.

1*mPYNE8ApyVjSFKErEM2aGg@2x.jpeg

Some few billion tonnes of sulfur hexafluoride gas (SF6) could increase Martian atmospheric surface temperatures by over 20 degrees Celsius. Sulfur hexafluoride - Simple English Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The SpaceX interplanetary transport system could deliver this super greenhouse gas to Mars at a cost of less than $2,000/kg.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SpaceX_Mar...astructure

A few hundred thousand tonnes of SF6 delivered annually to Mars would cost just approximately $1/2 trillion yearly. This is less than a fraction of a percent of the global economic output value. An accumulation of a few billion tonnes of SF6 at an annual rate of a few hundred thousand tonnes would take less than ten thousand years. The annual cost of less than $100 per person per year on Earth would be totally worth transforming Mars into a world with triple its current atmospheric pressure and a warmer Mars with average surface temperatures greater than typical summer Antarctic temperatures.

This terraforming of Mars could be done at an affordable cost of approximately $500 billion annually over the duration of a few millennium

Fasting exists in other religions and is not necessary in case of obstacles
As well as some worships in Christianity, such as being vegetarian 40 days, and there are no plants in the frozen pole or in the arid desert

This is logical in extreme areas
Here is the Koran what to say

2:183. O you who believe! Fasting is prescribed for you, as it was prescribed for those before you, that you may become righteous.

2:184. For a specified number of days. But whoever among you is sick, or on a journey, then a number of other days. For those who are able: a ransom of feeding a needy person. But whoever volunteers goodness, it is better for him. But to fast is best for you, if you only knew.
See how Islam puts other solutions like feeding the poor
Islam focuses on giving Goodness

I will not respond to the subject of fasting because it is a very ordinary subject and has been resolved
done :glomp:

GOD bless you
amen :p