• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is marriage before sex a sin?

Is marriage before sex a sin?

• Of course.

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • I don't approve of it, but it depends on whether it violates a particular person's conscience.

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • I don't think it matters.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't think it's a sin, but it depends on whether it violates a particular person's conscience.

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Of course not.

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • I don't know / don't care; I just like to vote in polls.

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 21.1%

• Total voters

Amill

Apikoros
Yes it is. God realizes that sex is an important part of a relationship and doesn't want people to get divorced so he told me to tell everyone that getting married before having sex is not only stupid, but also a sin. Glad I could inform everybody.

blackout

Violet.
I voted Other.

While I don't really know exactly WHAT sin is,
I would say it's stupid to committ yourself to a (single) life long sexual partner
without having enjoyed/shared compatable sexual intimacy together first.

Would you sign on a band member with which you have never played music together first?

It really doesn't make any sense. IMHO.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I don't think you can make blanket statements that are true about this matter. You can say it's stupid to marry before sex, but there will always be a few people for whom that is not the case. Or you can say it's stupid to have sex before marriage, but there will always be people for whom that is not the case. Generalizations are great ways to escape the burden of deciding what is best for you.

Last edited:

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
I always say that you should not sleep with anyone unless you want to have a child with him or her.

Jeremiah

There is nothing wrong with sex between two consenting adults; married or otherwise. If you ask me, this whole "sin" concept is really out of control; it has become nothing but a means to throw stones. What two (or more) responsible adults do in the privacy of their own homes is nobody's business.

Let me ask though; How exactly does marriage prevent unmoral sexual acts?

Last edited:

Jeremiah

Off topic...

The powers-that-be, here at RF are gonna need to invent a new, higher Frubal counter to accommodate Sunstone's Frubal stock pile. His long line of gold stars causes his post to be wider then the norm and results in a need to scroll over in order to read his enitre post.

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
Yes, it is a horrible sin. A girl should know what kind of shlong she is dealing with before she commits to any man.

Zardoz

Wonderful Wizard
Premium Member
I always say that you should not sleep with anyone unless you want to have a child with him or her.

I voted other.

I have a similar philosophy. You should not sleep with anyone unless you wish to spend the rest of your life with this person. If you can honestly answer 'yes' to this question, then go for it. If you say 'no' then you probably should not have sex with that person. I can honestly say that I would have gladly married each person I had sex with, or I walked away. (This was hard sometimes, lol) I teach the same to my children. Listen to your heart, not your hormones.

Bware

I'm the Jugganaut!!
You don't buy a new car before test driving it first. Sex is a huge part of a healthy relationship, if you care that much about the person you are going to marry, why wouldn't you not want to have a healthy relationship before you take the plunge?

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
Whatever works for the people.

Some marriages just simply don't consist of sex. And some relationships are all about sex. Plus all those in between.

I don't think sex should be just with someone you want to be with for the rest of your life. What's wrong (all danger taken into account) with a one-night stand or a short term fling?

whereismynotecard

Treasure Hunter
What if you get married to someone and then when you have sex you notice that they suck at having sex... wouldn't you wish you had tried sex with them before marrying them? Now you're either stuck with bad sex, or you'll have to divorce or cheat on them. Most people seem to not like divorce and cheating. So if you want to have sex, do it before you're married.