• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
In what way would love not be real even if it were "...just some chemical reactions and simply biological." How would that make it unreal?

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Honestly..is love real?

Many say love is just some chemical reactions and simply biological...

It is chemical reactions and biological based also on emotional attachment to what or whomever, our environment, how we are raised, how we interpret our connection to people we like and/or love. It's a serious of things that make up what we "label" as love. So, it is real we just like to make it more complicated than it is, if going for it's bare bone definition. If you're talking about spiritual-love it has to do with gratitude for life, learning from your experiences, reflection, and living in the moment. People call it love. It's real regardless the name. But, yes, it's chemical, biological, psychological, physiological, neurological, uummm... all the above.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
There are many levels of forms all mashed together in the word "love". Other languages and cultures are better at differentiating kinds. For example, the Greek have eros and agape. So I wonder what question or statement might lie behind the OP question "Is love real?"

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm not sure. But then, I'm not the romantic kind and have some irreparable damage to deal with.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
For those who don't think love is real, you need to get out more. You have some serious living to do yet.

You asked if it was real. I pointed out that chemical reactions, being made up of atoms like you & I and everything else we can measure, makes it as real as anything can possible be. It is literally quantifiable.
Love is real in that sense yes. I guess I expected the answer to be a lot less sad..

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Love is real in that sense yes. I guess I expected the answer to be a lot less sad..
This assessment is based on the fallacy that you yourself is not also a similar kind of combination of electrical and chemical activity in the brain. Since love is a property that you possess, it is made out of the same thing that you are made of. If you think you are a soul, then love is made of soul stuff. If you think you are a material process, then love too is a material process. In either case you and your emotion of love belong to the same category of existent. Hence no need to be sad.

This assessment is based on the fallacy that you yourself is not also a similar kind of combination of electrical and chemical activity in the brain. Since love is a property that you possess, it is made out of the same thing that you are made of. If you think you are a soul, then love is made of soul stuff. If you think you are a material process, then love too is a material process. In either case you and your emotion of love belong to the same category of existent. Hence no need to be sad.
Is love pure existence?? I have yet to confirm my whole existence

Kemosloby

Premium Member
It's not biological, it's spiritual. Like everything spiritual it's intangible, so you don't really know it's there, until it bites you in the arse.