• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is life (consciousness) in hereafter the real life and the present (consciousness) an illusion?

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Is life (consciousness) in hereafter the real life and the present (consciousness) an illusion?

Does one agree that the dream and being awake are both illusions? The dream is an illusion when one is half dead, and awake-ness is relatively more lasting, yet an illusion that one sees when one is alive in this world. Please
Life in the hereafter is therefore more real than the life in this temporal world.
Regards

godnotgod

Thou art That

Does one agree that the dream and being awake are both illusions? The dream is an illusion when one is half dead, and awake-ness is relatively more lasting, yet an illusion that one sees when one is alive in this world. Please
Life in the hereafter is therefore more real than the life in this temporal world.
Regards

Only life in the present is real, but some are deluded and some enlightened. To be deluded is to pursue some reality outside of the present; to be enlightened is to live fully in the present without any desire for life in some notiion of a future world. Yeshua reflected his living fully in the Present when he said:

"Before Abraham WAS, I AM"

Last edited:

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Only life in the present is real, but some are deluded and some enlightened. To be deluded is to pursue some reality outside of the present; to be enlightened is to live fully in the present without any desire for life in some notiion of a future world. Yeshua reflected his living fully in the Present when he said:

Jesus never wrote the above expression.
Nevertheless , how that negates the life in hereafter or its reality? Please
Regards

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I agree both 2nd and 3rd state are illusory, but where did this "life in the hereafter" idea come from, what do you mean by "more real," and how do you imaging this reality would differ from what we currently experience?

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
The so-called hereafter is here now making the question posed in the OP nonsensical.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
I agree both 2nd and 3rd state are illusory, but where did this "life in the hereafter" idea come from, what do you mean by "more real," and how do you imaging this reality would differ from what we currently experience?
It is based on Revelation, the most authentic and the most truthful source of human knowledge. Please
Regards

Native

Free Natural Philosopher & Comparative Mythologist
The present and "the hereafter" dimensions are artificial borders set by modern humans. Ancient cultures didn´t make this separation because "everything is connected".

Neo Deist

Th.D. & D.Div. h.c.

Regards

Can't prove it, but you'll find out when you die. :shrug:

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
The present and "the hereafter" dimensions are artificial borders set by modern humans. Ancient cultures didn´t make this separation because "everything is connected".
I agree with one.
It is series of the reality.
Regards

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
It is based on Revelation, the most authentic and the most truthful source of human knowledge. Please
Regards
This is not true.
The evidence is overwhelming. For all of human history people have been claiming "revelation". The revelations have continually changed, generally becoming more sophisticated as human thought and knowledge have expanded. As a result there has never been a final revelation, despite Islamic claims.

Frankly, I find Bahai a great improvement. But even it is due for an update as things are changing faster now than back then. And there are better religions.
Tom

Kirran

Premium Member
This is not true.
The evidence is overwhelming. For all of human history people have been claiming "revelation". The revelations have continually changed, generally becoming more sophisticated as human thought and knowledge have expanded. As a result there has never been a final revelation, despite Islamic claims.

Frankly, I find Bahai a great improvement. But even it is due for an update as things are changing faster now than back then. And there are better religions.
Tom

Bahai aren't so good on the gay rights thing for one. Actually they are the only sizable Abrahamic religion in which there are no affirming variants. Christianity, Islam, Rastafari and Judaism have all got affirming groups.

godnotgod

Thou art That

Jesus never wrote the above expression.
Nevertheless , how that negates the life in hereafter or its reality? Please
Regards

"Very truly I tell you," Jesus answered, "before Abraham was born, I am!"

John 8:58
Parallel Verses
New International Version

If you are using the term 'hereafter' to point to some future realm or existence, then that future is not yet reality; the only reality that you can confirm as being real is the here and now. If you were born, you will die. That is existence in Identification. If you are awakened to your true Being, you are beyond birth and death; beyond mere existence in time and space, and that is the life of this eternal present moment, the life of 'I Am', where there is no birth, no death, no history, no memory, no trace. Identification is the life of 'I was'; the life of the dead.

godnotgod

Thou art That
Regards

As it turns out, Revelation was written by one John of Patmos, who was exiled to the Greek island of Patmos by the Romans, where Revelation was written, and where hallucinogenic fungi grow rampantly. Modern researchers tell us that the type of imagery found in Revelation is consistent with that of test subjects under the influence of such fungi.

Last edited:

godnotgod

Thou art That

Regards

Think. If you are capable of detecting both the illusion and the reality, then you are doing so in the here and now, which means your consciousness is in a state which does not dwell in illusion. What is that state of consciousness of not dwelling in illusion and in which you see things as they really are?