• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is knowledge good or bad thing ?

chinu

chinu
The person who knows also knows he has limited time of life left, so he can prioritise on things that are really important in that short time. That way the limited time will be more meaningful.
The person who does not know, cannot prirotize like this and he is likely to waste his time on things that are trifles given his situation. So when he leaves the world, he would have lived a less meaningful and incomplete life.
So yes, knowledge would be much much better than ignorance in this case.
I agree that having knowledge is better than not having. But, my question is NOT about what is better and less-better. Question is about happy and unhappy. :)

chinu

chinu
What is good about overcoming a mistake? Can you give an example?
Its neither good, nor bad. Its just happens, and happens, and happens, everytime, its a life long process until one ignores knowledge.
As soon as one ignore knowledge, sadness ends, happiness begins.

AppieB

Its neither good, nor bad. Its just happens, and happens, and happens, everytime, its a life long process until one ignores knowledge.
As soon as one ignore knowledge, sadness ends, happiness begins.
You stated that it is better to have knowledge. I asked why and you stated that is was to "overcome own mistakes".
If it's "neither good or bad", why would you say that it is better to have knowledge?

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Some would prefer the brain power of the
common opossum or perhaps the squid.

No worries.

Or

5adce094b5434cffff8a56ba5f1b2086.jpg

Soandso

ᛋᛏᚨᚾᛞ ᛋᚢᚱᛖ
Because, the one who is not-having knowledge will NOT regret not-having-it.

Until someone you love is having a heart attack and you lack the knowledge to give them CPR, or someone you love is choking and you lack the knowledge to give them the heimlich maneuver

Everything is fine and dandy until it's not, and when it's not then knowledge is the only thing that can save you